Thread: studying ACE

bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10)

studying ACE

Im studying at home for the PT test, and im trying to comprehend and remember everything i am reading, but the book is like 500 pages...i am just having difficulty picking out what is important over the rest...anyone taken the ACE test? and if so, how much of each chapter was on the test?? i am really studying hard on the anatomy chapters. Thanks to anyone with advice
    VIRESCIT VULNERE VIRTUS " Courage Grows Strong At the Wound"

I wanna be freaky big at 6'5''

ACE certified PT

Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There really isn't that much on anatomy. A lot of it is trainer-client relationship. All the different heart rate formulas are important. Remember to know what your "scope of practice" is according to ACE when you take it. The science-y stuff isn't going to be on there much.

I haven't actually taken the exam (I will next month), just some practice ones.
    PR's:
    Bench: 300 lbs
    Back Squat: 380 lbs
    Clean and Jerk: 130 kg (286 lbs)
    Snatch: 100 kg (220 lbs)
    Deadlift: 5 x 345 lbs

cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cxm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bigredelts View Post
    Im studying at home for the PT test, and im trying to comprehend and remember everything i am reading, but the book is like 500 pages...i am just having difficulty picking out what is important over the rest...anyone taken the ACE test? and if so, how much of each chapter was on the test?? i am really studying hard on the anatomy chapters. Thanks to anyone with advice

For the anatomy, physiology and kinesiology there is not much just a couple of questions. The majority of the questions are on the later chapters from 5-15 I believe.

This link has a good outline for each chapter, just scroll down and check it out.

http://www.albemarle.org/department....e&relpage=7230

I would also suggest you at least buy one of the sample tests or the online version so you can get a feel for it.

oigo72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oigo72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oigo72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oigo72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oigo72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oigo72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oigo72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oigo72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its not really that hard of an undertaking you just need to apply yourself

bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredelts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great answers guys, alot of help, thank you....my next dilemma is that my old college is hosting a PT 3 day class organized by AFAA...everything together will cost a total of $528...this includes the test, the cert, a free fitness test, and an instructor helping guide the course...i have been hesitant to apply to this course for the money reasons and i am waiving the differences between ACE and AFAA...anyone have suggestions about the two? If one organization is more accredited then the other?

ACE certified PT

Lonewolf24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lonewolf24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lonewolf24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lonewolf24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lonewolf24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lonewolf24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lonewolf24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lonewolf24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lonewolf24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lonewolf24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lonewolf24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    while I don't know anything about the other cert, I'm taking ACE and the program cost me 350 and the test was 250, so if all of that stuff is included and its a legitimate certification, go for it as real-life instruction and guidance will really help

CHECK, though, before sigining up-I almost did the same thing at my college but found out it required a 1 year commitment to them and I wouldn't be allowed to PT for anyone else during that time
    One Word: STAND.

Personal Trainer/Marathon Trainer/Wrestling Coach

bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjjbadboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is the ace test an online test??? i need to get re certified asap
    Bench: 295 lb (134.1 kg)
    Bicep Curl: 111 lb (50.5 kg)
    Squat: 320 lb (145.5 kg)
    Barbell Rows: 136 lb (61.8 kg)
    Deadlift: 209 lb (95.0 kg)
    Overhead Press: 196 lb (89.1 kg)

I kick and get kicked in the head for fun...

Originally Posted by Lonewolf24 View Post
    while I don't know anything about the other cert, I'm taking ACE and the program cost me 350 and the test was 250, so if all of that stuff is included and its a legitimate certification, go for it as real-life instruction and guidance will really help

CHECK, though, before sigining up-I almost did the same thing at my college but found out it required a 1 year commitment to them and I wouldn't be allowed to PT for anyone else during that time
    damn thats lame...but i saved big money by getting the ACE manual for like $60 so all id have to pay for is the test, so itd be cheaper doing that, and i know you have to spend money to make it, but this day in age...my money is tight so getting a decent cert and getting one step closer to training people is the better way to go

ACE certified PT