drgephys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drgephys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drgephys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drgephys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drgephys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drgephys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drgephys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drgephys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drgephys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drgephys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drgephys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Beta-alanine side effects and injury: a personal experience

I've been taking creatine monohydrate for four years, and I know it works.

I gave a cocktail of beta-alanine, taurine, and l-citrulline malate a try for a week.

I didn't get body tingling, but I felt a burning sensation on my face and head, which lasted for about fifteen minutes after taking it. Also, I probably felt slight light-headedness for a while.

I felt weaker, not stronger in the gym, especially when I first arrived, before warmed up. After warming up, the effects on strength and/or endurance were not significant.

I ended up pulling my bicep on the third gym day doing the T-bar rows. I put the blame on beta-alanine for delaying the warm-up period.

Beta-alanine certainly significantly messes up with your metabolism. From my experience, strength and rep gains from it are minimal if any, and it can cause injury. It probably has hidden harmful side effects as well. Any supplement that rings an alarm bell in your body can't be harmless, such as the tingling or burning sensation caused by beta-alanine. I'm pretty sure that my bicep pull was caused by it because it delays the warm-up, and I have stopped taking this questionable supplement, which doesn't seem to have established benefits according to studies and caused an injury in my case.

stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you are judging any/all opinion of BA after taking it for 1 week you clearly did not research it prior and are jumping to conclusions. Thank you for your scientific assessment.

Cellucor Nutrabolt Lead Representative
    w/ Burntreality :)

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by drgephys View Post
    I've been taking creatine monohydrate for four years, and I know it works.

I gave a cocktail of beta-alanine, taurine, and l-citrulline malate a try for a week.

I didn't get body tingling, but I felt a burning sensation on my face and head, which lasted for about fifteen minutes after taking it. Also, I probably felt slight light-headedness for a while.

I felt weaker, not stronger in the gym, especially when I first arrived, before warmed up. After warming up, the effects on strength and/or endurance were not significant.

I ended up pulling my bicep on the third gym day doing the T-bar rows. I put the blame on beta-alanine for delaying the warm-up period.

Beta-alanine certainly significantly messes up with your metabolism. From my experience, strength and rep gains from it are minimal if any, and it can cause injury. It probably has hidden harmful side effects as well. Any supplement that rings an alarm bell in your body can't be harmless, such as the tingling or burning sensation caused by beta-alanine. I'm pretty sure that my bicep pull was caused by it because it delays the warm-up, and I have stopped taking this questionable supplement, which doesn't seem to have established benefits according to studies and caused an injury in my case.
    How long does it take for beta-alanine to saturate?

In order to reach the saturation point of beta alanine (179g), you would need to consume 3.2 grams per day everyday for 56 days (7 weeks) before your muscles fully realize the enhanced acidic ion buffering capability.

ok if you get another bicep pull in two months there's a chance the beta alanine made you too powerful for your own muscle fibers.

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by stad0203 View Post
    If you are judging any/all opinion of BA after taking it for 1 week you clearly did not research it prior and are jumping to conclusions. Thank you for your scientific assessment.
    ^^^ other than paresthesia BA doesn't have acute effects
    My secret? Texting between sets.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What was your daily intake, in g, of BA for that week?
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

God Creating Descendants Olympia2018's Avatar
    Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Olympia2018 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Been taking beta alinine for 15 years straight always feel a massive difference in less fatigue same with over 1000 clients I had use too

Very soldemly will I get someone with negative feedback if not explained proper what it does or what to experience. And very very few I hear have a freak reaction like you, I think it’s mental personally but I could be wrong. Just my observation
    Eating "clean" doesn't mean eating "healthy"

Eating "healthy" doesn't mean=muscle mass-Olympia2018

Yeah Baby! Yeah!!!-800 pound deadlift

At weddings all the old ppl say "you're next". At funeral's I tell them "you're next"

Loony, Team_punishment, Desi_guy, yiamsomebody, Nutsy, Camel Jockey, Tattbrah, Ipushfatkids, ScubaStevo crew*