Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CanuckTank View Post
    He won 3rd at the arnold.

What Judges think > what insecure teenage boys think

/thread
    NOPE.

Because without us insecure teenage boys there would be no sport of bodybuilding to begin with.

/yourlife
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ...............................R.I.P.................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian.........
    .................₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪.............

Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    And Kai presents his overall package onstage very well.

the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think his posing is good, don't really understand why people hate it. Not saying they're wrong though everyone has an opinion. I would much rather he posed like that though, than somebody like Dillet lets face it.
    EPO all in my veins; Lately things just don’t seem the same; Actin’ funny, but I don’t know why; ’Scuse me while I pass this guy.

Originally Posted by the-craig View Post
    I think his posing is good, don't really understand why people hate it. Not saying they're wrong though everyone has an opinion. I would much rather he posed like that though, than somebody like Dillet lets face it.
    But Dillet isn't prancing around like a bandit in stealth mode (Yes Kai's twinkle toes) and doing a bunch of grinding so you actually get moments to see the actual posing.

Bodybuilding for me is not so much about entertainment as it is seeing the muscle.

If I wana see dancing and stripping I could go to a female strip club....

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The homphobe is strong in this thread. Bodybuilding as whole could be views as "gay" by a large majority of the population. Big men walking around in bikinis, showing off their muscles... So it's already borderline with a lot of folks. If Kai were dressed and in a club, doing his routine, it wouldn't even seem that out of place. But if you do any dancing while in a speedo, that makes you gay, apparantly. The people who can look at it for what it is (showing his physique and entertainment) seem to appreciate it....

...Basically if your reason for not liking it is because you think it's "gay"... then I think you are very immature....

the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Coal Man View Post
    But Dillet isn't prancing around like a bandit in stealth mode (Yes Kai's twinkle toes) and doing a bunch of grinding so you actually get moments to see the actual posing.

Bodybuilding for me is not so much about entertainment as it is seeing the muscle.

But he still presents the muscle well which Dillet could not do. It's in the mandatory poses where it will matter most, and he can hit them well.
    EPO all in my veins; Lately things just don’t seem the same; Actin’ funny, but I don’t know why; ’Scuse me while I pass this guy.

Originally Posted by J_Bo View Post
    The homphobe is strong in this thread. Bodybuilding as whole could be views as "gay" by a large majority of the population. Big men walking around in bikinis, showing off their muscles... So it's already borderline with a lot of folks. If Kai were dressed and in a club, doing his routine, it wouldn't even seem that out of place. But if you do any dancing while in a speedo, that makes you gay, apparantly. The people who can look at it for what it is (showing his physique and entertainment) seem to appreciate it....

...Basically if your reason for not liking it is because you think it's "gay"... then I think you are very immature....
    Way to type out an entire paragraph when you don't know what our arguments are even about. Read the thread first please. We don't care about Kai's sexual orientation and we are not calling all his fans gay.

You don't have to "hate gays" to be uncomfortable when watching those kinds of routines on stage. Imagine wanting to be a bodybuilder and finally convincing your father to go to a bodybuilding show with you to see what's it all about.

Then Kai comes on stage and does a headstand with his balls and asscrack in your faces.

What would your dad think?

All I'm saying is to maintain some level of integrity/professionalism.
    Last edited by Coal Man; 02-11-2009 at 02:58 PM.

But he still presents the muscle well which Dillet could not do. It's in the mandatory poses where it will matter most, and he can hit them well.
    it's ok being a couple notches under than being 20 notches above IMO.

dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dLewis187 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i agree. i hate kai's posing. He presents himself in such a homosexual way. Not only is he an enormous man in a tiny speedo (most people would already consider this gay), he comes on stage like he's been playing dress up with his boyfriend and then gives us some sort of male stripper routine.

definitely not a fan of his posing, although his physique is probably my favorite nowadays (no kai hate)
    Last edited by dLewis187; 02-11-2009 at 05:57 PM.

TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think it's kinda cool (am not homo 100% sure). It's different which is nice. Dude can actually dance.

it's ok being a couple notches under than being 20 notches above IMO.
    It seems to be working for him so far, it got him a lot of attention and the crowds at the shows seem to love his posing, so he hasn't got any reason to stop now.

Originally Posted by dLewis187 View Post
    i agree. i hate kai's posing. He presents himself in such a homosexual way. Not only is he an enormous black man in a tiny speedo (most people would already consider this gay), he comes on stage like he's been playing dress up with his boyfriend and then gives us some sort of male stripper routine.

definitely not a fan of his posing, although his physique is probably my favorite nowadays (no kai hate)
    Maybe no Kai hate, but a lot of homo hate by the sounds of things. Who would care if he was gay anyway, which he doesn't seem to be considering he's with Dayna.

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Way to type out an entire paragraph when you don't know what our arguments are even about. Read the thread first please. We don't care about Kai's sexual orientation and we are not calling all his fans gay.

You say we...and I have read your posts and my post is not directed toward you. If you read the rest of the thread, you will see that there are plenty of people to whom my post does pertain. You provide arguments, but so many people simply shout out, "gay"

It seems to be working for him so far, it got him a lot of attention and the crowds at the shows seem to love his posing, so he hasn't got any reason to stop now.
    And alot don't. Would be nice if he stopped, but I don't xpect him to so blah.

I just hope it doesn't catch on.

You say we...and I have read your posts and my post is not directed toward you. If you read the rest of the thread, you will see that there are plenty of people to whom my post does pertain. You provide arguments, but so many people simply shout out, "gay"
    oh ok.

ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ESPforMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I REALLY don't understand the connection with saying his routines resemble a stripping routine. Now, I have never been to a male strip club(not insinuating anyone else has either) but to me, that would be the weirdest strip club ever. I don't see much in his posing that is sexual.

Now, guys like Freeman, Melvin, Dex etc to me seem much more suited for a strip club.

Registered User user23960508710783's Avatar
    user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710783 is just really nice. (+1000)
    He's a little over the top for my tastes. Ideally, one would let one's physique do the talking.

Having been to shows in person, I've noticed that generally the most popular routines are the ones where the guys take it lightly and try to have fun. There's always one or two hyper-dramatic athletes who act like what they are doing is a prelude to the end of the world, but it isn't. It's just a bodybuilding show. People should have fun.

The best posing routine I've ever seen was at an amateur show, and the guy had music with tons of voice overs. All of the voice overs were hilarious.

The whole audience was cracking up, but not so much that they stopped taking his physique seriously. That beats the hell out of sappy, sad songs, or hyper-kinetic stripper routines.

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    NOPE.

Because without us insecure teenage boys there would be no sport of bodybuilding to begin with.

/yourlife
    I think you are mistaking the IFBB for the suppliment industry.
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.

wakingmalice is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wakingmalice is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wakingmalice is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wakingmalice is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wakingmalice is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wakingmalice is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wakingmalice is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wakingmalice is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wakingmalice is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wakingmalice is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wakingmalice is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    soo... 2 of my friends so far have come up to me lately...they wanted to see what i do so they typed in "bodybuilding posing" into youtube..found kai...

they were amazed. they had no idea that was part of the sport, and now have a lot more respect.

these are also football players by the way..not homos.. and used to give me **** for quitting for bodybuildign.
    I can do amazing things for your body composition. PM for more info.

Disclaimer: posting while erect.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i sea wut u did there

I think you are mistaking the IFBB for the suppliment industry.
    LOL and they're not related?

No suppliment industry = no IFBB.

pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Lol imagine Arnold doing a posing routine like Kai...yeah exactly

I think Kai has an awesome physique, I just can't stand to see any type of dancing on stage when it should be.....POSING

Not a fan of melvin's or kamali's pop and locking either...if I want to see that stuff I'll go to a breakdancing show where they actually do it well

I like this style with good music, all physique no fluff
    Last edited by pyrolee; 02-11-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Registered User wickedsensation's Avatar
    wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000)
    Damn, Sergio just looks unreal.

steezemcgreazee is just really nice. (+1000) steezemcgreazee is just really nice. (+1000) steezemcgreazee is just really nice. (+1000) steezemcgreazee is just really nice. (+1000) steezemcgreazee is just really nice. (+1000) steezemcgreazee is just really nice. (+1000) steezemcgreazee is just really nice. (+1000) steezemcgreazee is just really nice. (+1000) steezemcgreazee is just really nice. (+1000) steezemcgreazee is just really nice. (+1000) steezemcgreazee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pyrolee View Post
    x2 imo, it's not even posing, it's stripper dancing.

IFBB needs more of this:
    that was so. ****ing. awesome.

wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by caleb56 View Post
    Not mad just thought it was kinda funny, but seriously i guess i can stand one guy doing this but could you imagine if every bodybuilder was doing this type of posing style?
    Not everyone can pull it off like Kai.
    CAUTION: This user may use sarcasm and cynicism in a way you are not accustomed to.
    ► WKEA ◄
    *TEAM KAI*
    *TEAM WOLF*

wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000) wlf.vik83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Unless you live in some really strange country full of many bodybuilders, I don't buy that
    CAUTION: This user may use sarcasm and cynicism in a way you are not accustomed to.
    ► WKEA ◄
    *TEAM KAI*
    *TEAM WOLF*

He won 3rd at the arnold.

What Judges think > what insecure teenage boys think

/thread
    Bang on! The blunt Canuck Tank hits it again.

Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    yea, for some reason i thought it was at ny pro, but it was at the keystone pro. amazing routine, awesome song too.
    That routine was beyond awesome.

Originally Posted by Barosan View Post
    Nobody outside of bbing cares for any posing, even the fairies.

I didn't used to like Kai, strictly based on his posing, but then I read some of his interviews and saw the video, and he is a really intelligent and humble guy that cares about all the competitors in shows, not just the ones that are direct competition to him.
    X2! If he is focused and hits the mandatories well, he is unstoppable.

I think there is the mandatories, pre-judging and the callouts to judge one's physique. Don't get me wrong but, the free posing round is where you get to present your totally unique posing routine set to the music of your choice. In the first two rounds, apples to apples are compared...it's you versus the others on the same pose at the same time. Round three can be your chance to get some extra points. You can perform the poses that accentuate your physique, while disguising the weaker parts.

Some bodybuilders even perform this round as a dance display. Others simply get out there and pull one unique pose after another, performing and showing off their incredible muscularity. Your personality really comes out on stage during this portion of the competition, so it's really up to you and your style that makes up your routine (as well as your physique).
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/round3.htm

X2!
    ► WKEA ◄
    *TEAM KAI*
    *TEAM WOLF*

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LOL and they're not related?

No suppliment industry = no IFBB.
    It was a joke.......

The IFBB isn't supported by teenagers as much as the suppliment industry is.
    And thankfully the judges don't base their decisions on childish immaturity and insecure little boys that get their little coin-purses all tied in a knot at any thing that doesn't strut around like cro-magnon man.

Kai is the best poser in the IFBB and that is a fact.
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.

It was a joke.......

The IFBB isn't supported by teenagers as much as the suppliment industry is.
    And thankfully the judges don't base their decisions on childish immaturity and insecure little boys that get their little coin-purses all tied in a knot at any thing that doesn't strut around like cro-magnon man.

Kai is the best poser in the IFBB and that is a fact.

when you stated your opinion as fact, I lost my respect for you there.

Do you enjoying watching hetero porn and the camera zooms in on the male pornstar's face? It's normal porn but it's still uncomfortable as heck.

That's the same awkward feeling I get from his routines.

If all competitors posed like him, there is no way I would carry any of my family to see that nonsense

Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm sorry but I still think bodybuilding can be classy and can be an art. I dare you to take this video to your friends and ask their opinions.
    I agree, such as this

Lee can pose to some of the most sensitive music, but still make his routine and himself look hardcore, classy, and "art." Kai on the other hand, just dances around like an idiot and doesn't even show off his body. The point of bodybuilding is to show off the body, and once you start doing stupid routines that involve dancing around and "roleplaying" as in costumes, then it just becomes redicilous and detracts from the whole point, which is the muscle.

IMO, the IFBB needs more routines with "harder" music because you can't have some 250-300 pound guy in small shorts posing to sensitive or R&B music unless they can do it right, and that is few and far between. Or at least have routines that are interesting and tell a story.

Here are routines that would actually attract the general public.

See a pattern here? They are actually hitting poses, have good music, are coordinating/staying in sync with the music, and aren't dancing around the stage like a stripper or idiot at the club.
    Last edited by Clean; 02-11-2009 at 09:29 PM.
    1 Stripe Blue Belt, Gracie Barra BJJ (Reps to BJJ/MMA brahs)

Reps to USMC and other military members, Semper Fi

"If the bar ain't bendin' you're just pretendin."

pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Clean View Post
    I agree, such as this

That's what I'm talking about! Lee looks awesome there with a great classic routine.