the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

WEEK 148 :: What Is The Best Workout For An Endomorph?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Note: How can I win? Answer all questions in the order that they are asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: What Is The Best Workout For An Endomorph?

For the week of: 2/10 - 2/16
    Monday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Endomorphs are at a disadvantage because their bodies carry more fat. In addition this extra fat seems to resist most efforts to get rid of it.

What is the best workout for an endomorph? Be specific.

How does an endomorph's workout differ from a mesomorph and ectomorph's workout?

What are some good foods for an endomorph?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

----------------------------------
    NEW PRIZE MONEY!!!!!

The best response will get $75 in credit, and second place will get $50 in credit to use in our online store and will have their workout posted on our main site for the world to see!

NEW RULE!!!!!

* New Rule: Any exercise not listed on our exercise listing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm) must be accompanied by a full and complete description and pictures (or a link to the exercise(s) where pictures and description are given).

Thanks,
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

Feighner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feighner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feighner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feighner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feighner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What Is The Best Workout For An Endomorph?

This is a great question for me personally because I am an Endomorph. My friends say I'm blessed because I can put on weight easily but I don't always see it that way. Don't get me wrong I love the fact that eating big in fact makes me big but sometimes people like me don't want that extra pudge. So with that in mind I am going to give you the best workout for all of us endomorphs.

Although my workout goes against what most people who consider themselves "bodybuilders" this workout turned my muscle from thick, hard, covered if fat muscles to shredded and vascular monsters. I have had the most success with the four days on and one day off split, but here is the kicker. It an upper body lower body split, and here are the details. German Volume Training!!

DAY 1
    UPPER BODY
    Basically what happens hear is you destroy all of your upper body muscles(i.e; chest, back, shoulders, and arms.) with heavy weight.
    As all smart lifters know you need to warm up and stretch then comes the pain.

Barbell Bench Press 10x10
    T-Bar Row 10x10
    Incline Dumb Bell 10x10
    Wide-Grip Lat Pull Down 10x10
    Arnold Press 10x10
    Preacher Curls 10x10
    Skull Crushers 10x10
    Alternating Seated Curls 10x10
    Tricep Pushdowns 10x10

DAY 2
    LOWER BODY

Squat 10x10
    Hack Squat 10x10
    Leg Press 10x10
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts 10x10
    Leg Extensions 10x10
    Leg Curls 10x10
    Seated Calf Raises 10x10

These first two days you want to lift with the heaviest weight you can while still getting all of the sets and reps

DAY 3
    UPPER BODY

This upper body workout is the same as Day 1 but you switch up from heavy weights to lighter. My rule of thumb is to go 50% lighter weight on this day. What I learned is that although I'm still pretty sore from Day 1 doing this workout is great for active recovery.

DAY 4
    LOWER BODY

Same as what I stated above about Day 3. Same sets and reps of Day 2 but 50% of the weight.

DAY 5
    REST!!!

And on the Fifth Day He rested. Trust me you'll need it!!!

Hopefully you can barely move after these workouts and make sure you give yourself time in the gym because these are long days but have great rewards

As and Endomorph we need to lift for size and for look, unlike our counterparts that only need to lift for one of the above goals.

Mesomorphs are naturally low in fat with wide shoulders and a thin waist. They ultimately can put on weight fairly easily but usually it is quality muscle so they need to worry about focusing on getting muscles developed rather than size.

Ectomorphs are our hard gainer friends. Naturally skinny and lean. What these types of people need to do is lift the heaviest weight they can 85%-90% of their max so they can get their muscles bigger. They also need to eat, which comes to my next point for Endomorphs.

What are good foods for Endomorphs?

The best foods for us are lean protein sources from chicken or steak. I like to go organic but that's me as long as you cut the fat literally from the meat your good to go. Also high fibrous carbs are good but only in moderation and not after your workouts. I'm a fan of only one brand of bread because I don't like high fructose corn syrup so I avoid it at all costs I think that makes me gain weight faster than anything else. Cherries are a great food because of how low they are on the Glycemic Index.

So even though my workout goes against the norm in bodybuilding everyone that has trained with me has made leaps and bounds to their bodies and you can do the same if you put in the time and heart!

SALEO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sets & Reps

so whn u go to Days 3 & 4 with lighter weights do u still do 10x10 for each exercise??

jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Feighner View Post
    This is a great question for me personally because I am an Endomorph. My friends say I'm blessed because I can put on weight easily but I don't always see it that way. Don't get me wrong I love the fact that eating big in fact makes me big but sometimes people like me don't want that extra pudge. So with that in mind I am going to give you the best workout for all of us endomorphs.

Although my workout goes against what most people who consider themselves "bodybuilders" this workout turned my muscle from thick, hard, covered if fat muscles to shredded and vascular monsters. I have had the most success with the four days on and one day off split, but here is the kicker. It an upper body lower body split, and here are the details. German Volume Training!!

DAY 1
    UPPER BODY
    Basically what happens hear is you destroy all of your upper body muscles(i.e; chest, back, shoulders, and arms.) with heavy weight.

T-Bar Row 10x10
    Incline Dumb Bell 10x10
    Arnold Press 10x10
    Preacher Curls 10x10
    Skull Crushers 10x10
    Tricep Pushdowns 10x10

DAY 2
    LOWER BODY

Squat 10x10
    Hack Squat 10x10
    Leg Press 10x10
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts 10x10
    Leg Extensions 10x10
    Leg Curls 10x10
    Seated Calf Raises 10x10

These first two days you want to lift with the heaviest weight you can while still getting all of the sets and reps

DAY 3
    UPPER BODY

This upper body workout is the same as Day 1 but you switch up from heavy weights to lighter. My rule of thumb is to go 50% lighter weight on this day. What I learned is that although I'm still pretty sore from Day 1 doing this workout is great for active recovery.

DAY 4
    LOWER BODY

Same as what I stated above about Day 3. Same sets and reps of Day 2 but 50% of the weight.

DAY 5
    REST!!!

And on the Fifth Day He rested. Trust me you'll need it!!!

Hopefully you can barely move after these workouts and make sure you give yourself time in the gym because these are long days but have great rewards

As and Endomorph we need to lift for size and for look, unlike our counterparts that only need to lift for one of the above goals.

Mesomorphs are naturally low in fat with wide shoulders and a thin waist. They ultimately can put on weight fairly easily but usually it is quality muscle so they need to worry about focusing on getting muscles developed rather than size.

Ectomorphs are our hard gainer friends. Naturally skinny and lean. What these types of people need to do is lift the heaviest weight they can 85%-90% of their max so they can get their muscles bigger. They also need to eat, which comes to my next point for Endomorphs.

What are good foods for Endomorphs?

The best foods for us are lean protein sources from chicken or steak. I like to go organic but that's me as long as you cut the fat literally from the meat your good to go. Also high fibrous carbs are good but only in moderation and not after your workouts. I'm a fan of only one brand of bread because I don't like high fructose corn syrup so I avoid it at all costs I think that makes me gain weight faster than anything else. Cherries are a great food because of how low they are on the Glycemic Index.

So even though my workout goes against the norm in bodybuilding everyone that has trained with me has made leaps and bounds to their bodies and you can do the same if you put in the time and heart!
    That's a ridiculous amount of sets.
    Fear God, not heavy weight.

When you think you can't, imagine who will.

Blink41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blink41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blink41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blink41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blink41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blink41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blink41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blink41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blink41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blink41 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blink41 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Feighner View Post

DAY 1
    UPPER BODY

T-Bar Row 10x10
    Incline Dumb Bell 10x10
    Arnold Press 10x10
    Preacher Curls 10x10
    Skull Crushers 10x10
    Tricep Pushdowns 10x10

Thats wayyyy too many sets. 900 Reps for Upper Body? Injury waiting to happen IMHO
    Carpe Diem

PhD in Broscience, 2009 soundcheck129's Avatar
    soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Endomorphs are at a disadvantage because their bodies carry more fat. In addition this extra fat seems to resist most efforts to get rid of it.

Some guys (and girls) have it all. Unfortunately for endormorphs, 'all' sometimes refers to additional body fat, something that no one wants more than their fair share of. But bodybuilding is all about sculpting one's figure into a more desirable form, and with the right diet and training, one can kiss the classification good bye.

In order to keep unwanted fat at bay, endomorphs should use a regimen that combines cardio and weight-lifting. This will keep the metabolism high and burn more calories than either method would alone. Also, I'd recommend a four-day split to maximize the amount of activity without sacrificing potential growth. Instead of concentrating on individual body parts and isolation exercises, though, endomorphs should concentrate on complex lifts and workouts that are more full-body oriented. Personally, I like Push/Pull splits because they work the entire body and are great for growth. An example would look like this:

S: Push 1
    M: Pull 1
    T: Cardio
    W:Push 2
    T: Pull 2
    F: Cardio
    S: Off/Cardio

Push 1:
    Bench Press: 3x8-12
    Squat: 3x8-12
    Triceps Pushdown: 3x8-12
    superset with
    Leg Press: 3x8-12
    Arnold Press: 3x8-12
    superset with
    Standing Calf Raise: 3x8-12
    Close-Grip Bench Press: 3x8-12

Pull 1:
    Bent-over Row:3x5-7
    Deadlift: 3x5-7
    Barbell Curl: 3x5-7
    superset with
    Front Raise:3x3-7
    Stiff-Leg Deadlift: 3x3-7
    Lat Pulldown:3x3-7

Push 2:
    Military Press: 3x5-7
    Leg Extension: 3x5-7
    Skullcrushers: 3x5-7
    superset with
    Donkey Calf Raise: 3x5-7
    DB Shoulder Press: 3x5-7
    Leg Press: 3x5-7
    superset with:
    DB Press: 3x5-7

Pull 2:
    Pull-ups: 3x as many as possible
    Leg Curl: 3x8-12
    Concentration Curl: 3x8-12
    superset with
    DB Shrug: 3x8-12
    Deadlift: 3x8-12
    Lateral Raise: 3x8-12

Before each session, 10 minutes of abwork may be beneficial. After each session, I'd recommend at least 20 minutes of HIIT. Cardio days should consist of a 10 minute, low intensity warm-up, followed by 30-40 minutes of intervals and then a 10 minute cool-down.

I've split the days into high and low repitition sessions to keep your muscles guessing and to reap the benefits from each rep range. On the high rep day, you may want to add dropsets into the mix, preferably on the least taxing exercises; for example, a dropset would be suitable for shrugs, but not deadlifts.

How does an endomorph's workout differ from a mesomorph and ectomorph's workout?

Because endomorphs tend toward having a pear-shaped figure and seem to carry extra fat, a workout geared toward endomorphs should do everything possible to burn existing fat and prevent gaining more. Therefore, endomorphs should concentrate on intense workouts, using techniques such as dropsets and supersets. Also, full-body workouts and compound lifts offer more bang for the buck in terms of calorie expenditure due to their recruitment of many muscles. These lifts also raise one's metabolism to keep fat at bay during rest periods. The additional cardio ensures that fat doesn't stand a chance. Such intensive weight-training probably wouldn't be appropriate for an ectomorph who is struggling just to maintain, and a mesomorph may find that he or she can pack on muscle with a three-day split or one that focuses on individual body parts. The high level of cardio, too, could be detrimental to the goals of ectomorps and mesomorphs.

Unfortunately, a poor diet can ruin even the most well-crafted workout plan. The most important consideration is to keep overall calories in check. No matter what the food, too many calories over maintenance level will cause fat gain. But for those trying to cut, too few calories can have disadvantages. Cutting calories may seem like an easy way to shed weight, but not eating enough will prevent one from being able to complete workouts and will actually encourage the body to store fat in extreme cases.

The nutritional value in one's diet is important as well. While I don't think that eating clean 100% of the time is absolutely necessary for non-competitors, I do acknowledge that some foods are more beneficial than others. As endomorphs don't have as many calories to work with, choosing nutrient-dense foods is important.

Lean protein such as chicken, turkey and seafood are great choices, but they don't have to be the only ones. Eggs, for example, are fattier, but contain vitamins and minerals and can help lower cholesterol.

For carbohydrates, vegetables such as potatoes and yams are great to fuel intense workouts. Fibrous vegetables such as cauliflower and broccoli are also nutrient-dense and are filling, an important fact for endomorphs to consider. Beans, whole-wheat pasta and oats are other high-fiber foods should be included as well.

And even though fat is a "bad" word, dietary fat is nothing to be afraid of or skimped on. Fat is necessary for many bodily functions and induces a feeling of satiety. My favorite sources are almonds, peanuts, cashews and their associated butters, avocados and olive oil. These are all high in unsaturated fats. But saturated fats have advantages too, including boosting testosterone - so don't be afraid of some fatty meat, sour cream or dairy. The only fat I would warn against is artificial transfat, which has absolutely no benefits.

Lastly, one should try to eat complete meals whenever possible. The combination of protein, fat and carbohydrates will keep blood sugar levels steady and prevent insulin spikes. For this reason, smaller, more frequent meals are preferable to infrequent, large meals, which may make one feel lethargic later on.

Just remember, enough effort can accomplish anything - so have fun and achieve the body of your dreams!
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

Free H:VOL! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165477791

Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Training and Nutrition

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX Nutrition. Consult a medical professional whenever your health is concerned.

fieldstw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A workout geared towards an endomorph should (in my opinion) be about quick transitions and complex lifts. I'm personally an endomorph and I find that using minimal amounts of rest and limiting isolation exercises helps me keep fat away and strength up.

The following workout is one I've been doing lately and has greatly helped me on the Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test (3 mile run, sit-ups in 2 min, pull-ups)

I seperate each group of exercises into 5 minute rounds. Try to keep the breaks between rounds to a minimum (i.e. just enough time to grab the next set of equipment and a quick drink of water).

Remember when doing this workout to keep the intensity and speed up. Each round is 5 CONTINUOUS minutes; no cheating, no breaks.

Round 1:
    [Use a low weight (135lb) and start with 10 reps (trust me the rep amount will decrease over the course of the round]
    -BB Bench Press
    -BB Bent Over Row
    -BB Shoulder Shrugs

Round 2:
    -Medicine ball chest pass + sprawl
    [Stand a 6-8ft back from a wall and chest pass the ball into the wall. Execute a wrestlers sprawl and recover to catch the ball (6 reps)]
    -Box Jumps (20 reps)
    -Jump Rope

Round 3:
    (Low weight, perform your squats then stand up straight for calf raises)
    -Squats
    -Calf Raises
    -Leg Curl

Round 4:
    (make sure you keep good form with the kettlebells)
    -Kettlebell swings (alternating one arm swings - 5 each arm)
    -Kettlebell snatch (alternating one arm snatches - 5 each arm)
    -Jump Rope

Round 5:
    This is abs and lower back. Open to change but I do the following.
    -Crunches (30 reps)
    -Flutter Kicks (20 reps)
    -Hello Dollys (10 reps)
    -Leg Raises (10 reps)
    -Hanging Leg Raises (5 reps) [use a pull-up bar and execute from dead hang]
    -Side Bends (10 each side)
    -Back Extensions (20 reps)
    -Russian Twists (30 reps)
    -Reverse Crunches (20 reps)

Round 6:
    -Pullups (Palms facing in - 5 reps)
    -Pushups (10 reps)
    -Dips (5 reps)
    -Wide Grip Pullups (Palms facing out - 3 reps)
    -Calf Raises (standing, body weight only - 15 reps)

Remember each round is 5 continuous minutes. For example, Round 1 would be:

10 BB Bench Press
    10 BB Bent Over Row
    10 BB Shoulder Shrugs
    and repeat until the 5 minutes are up

I normally do this one 3 times a week along with running on other days

So:

Workout Routine : Monday, Wednesday, Friday
    Cardio: Tuesday, Thursday

I change the cardio up a bit. Either a 3-4 mile run or grab a pair of mits and beat the heavy bag around a bit.

Saturday and Sunday take off and rest.

I found that the first week or so I was sore and would try to make excuses to not workout. But I kept telling myself that it was worth it and after the second week I wasn't tired or sore (except after the workout) and my endurance as well as my strength went up quite a bit.

Just remember no matter what you do,

Keep on keeping on

TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What is an endomorph?
    An endomorph is an individual who has ?a heavy rounded body build often with a marked tendency to become fat (1). In bodybuilding lingo - an endomorph is a person who bulking period is marked by a large amount of fat gain in addition to muscle gain, and whose cutting period is marked by a long and difficult attempt at fat loss. These trainees need to take extra care in planning their training and diet, as their tendency to gain fat compounds the challenges of bodybuilding.

Frequency
    Endomorphic bodybuilders need to get their butts to the gym as often as they can without overtraining. Four days of weight training throughout the week will ensure that the afterburn increased metabolic response from each training session will spill over into all rest days. One or two cardio days should also be included throughout the week. However, no matter if an endomorph is bulking or cutting, weight training should be the main focus. An increased amount of muscle mass will increase their base metabolic rate, thereby decreasing the chance of storing/holding onto fat cells.

Here are a few sample week-long workout plans:

High Frequency - 6 gym days
    Day 1: Chest/Triceps
    Day 2: Back / Biceps
    Day 3: Cardio
    Day 4: Shoulders/Calves/Abs
    Day 5: Quads/Hams/Glutes
    Day 6: Cardio
    Day 7: Rest

Medium Frequency - 5 gym days
    Day 1: Chest
    Day 2: Back / Shoulders
    Day 3: Cardio
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: Biceps/Triceps
    Day 6: Legs

Low Frequency - 4 gym days
    Day 1: Chest/Back
    Day 2: Rest
    Day 3: Biceps/Triceps/Shoulders
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: Legs
    Day 6: Cardio

Workout Content
    The exercises that an endomorph selects for their workouts need to be compound, high-intensity exercises. Exercises with the maximum amount of muscle recruitment, such as squats, increase the potent muscle-building hormone testosterone significantly. Plan your workout around these basic movements, with isolation exercises after stabilizer muscles have been exhausted.

Some good, high muscular recruitment exercise selections for each body part:

Chest: Bench Press (Incline, Decline, Dumbbells)
    Back: Deadlift, Bent-over Barbell Row
    Legs: Squats, Leg Press
    Biceps: Barbell Curl, Preacher Curl
    Triceps: Weighted Bench Dips, Skullcrushers
    Shoulders: Dumbbell Overhead Press, Military Press
    Abs: Weighted Hanging Leg Raise, Cable Crunch

Keep the set range to 12-20 sets (3-5 sets per exercise), depending on your intensity level and ability to recover. I am a big fan of going to failure, but don't abuse the technique. Pick a weight that allows you to fail at 8-12 reps (the "magic rep range").

After each workout, hit your cardio machine of choice (preferably the treadmill - that fat-burning king) and crank out 15-30 minutes of cardio. After weight training, your muscles will be depleted of their preferred energy source (glycogen) and start consuming adipose body tissue for energy. Opt for interval training (2 minutes slow, 1 minute fast, etc), as this type of training has been shown to elicit the greatest hormonal response (2).

An endomorph's workout should not differ greatly from those who gain muscle easily without significant fat gain. People of all body types should be pushing themselves to the limit and performing no more than 20 sets per body part, to reduce the risk of overtraining. The only difference should be the added cardio at the end of an endomorph's workout - mesomorphs and ectomorphs do not need to complete this cardio, as their bodies naturally don't store fat readily.

Carbohydrates
    ? Whole Grain Breads
    ? Pasta (contrary to popular belief, even white flour pasta has a low Glycemic Index values - nearly all varieties have a Glycemic Index under 50. Remember that the GI value rises with increased cooking time, however, so order your pasta al dente - that is, slightly firm).
    ? Yams (not sweet potatoes, which possess a slightly higher GI value (59 to yams' 37) due to a high maltose content (3)).
    ? Beans
    ? Fruits (usually an excellent source of fructose, which primarily replenishes liver glycogen. Don't go overboard, though - the liver can only store about 100g of glycogen (4) , and excess will spill over into adipose body tissue).
    ? Brown / Wild rice

Protein
    ? Protein powders (specifically whey & casein ? soy protein is known for its heart-protecting benefits, but may increase estrogen levels (5)).
    ? Eggs (opt for the whole egg, which has a higher biological value than just the egg white (6)).
    ? Poultry
    ? Lean beef (think flank, round, and loin)
    ? Pork (specifically tenderloin)

Fats
    ? Monosaturated Fat: shown to be beneficial in increasing testosterone levels (7) (good sources: macadamia nuts, avocados, olive oil)
    ? Polysaturated Fat: great for overall health. Include the superpower omega-3 fatty acids (good sources: walnuts, fatty fish, flax seed/oil)
    ? Saturated: do NOT be afraid of saturated fat - it beats even monosaturated fats in testosterone production assistance (7). Consume about 20% of your daily fat total from saturated fat sources (good sources: egg yolks, beef, coconut oil - which is an amazing source of medium chain triglycerides)

Remember, don't get discouraged if you don?t see immediate results. Your body stores fat more readily, so you will need to make up for that drawback with intensity, consistency, and commitment. Good luck, and happy training!
    Last edited by TwinIam; 02-16-2009 at 01:06 PM.

TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Citations:

(1)"endomorphic." Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary. 2009.
    Merriam-Webster Online. 11 February 2009
<http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/endomorphic>

(2)Gray, A. B., R. D. Telford, and M. J. Weidemann. "Endocrine response to intense interval exercise." European Journal of Applied Physiology (2004): 366-71. SpringerLink. 10 Dec. 2004. 13 Feb. 2009 <http://www.springerlink.com/content/g367245g54h70r01/>.

(3)1994. The Glycemic Index. University of Sydney. 14 Feb. 2009.

(4)Beckett, Brian S. Illustrated Human and Social Biology. New York: Oxford UP, 1981. Google Scholar. Google. 14 Feb. 2009.

(5)Descheemaeker, Koen, and Ignace Debruyne, eds. Soy and Health 2002. Kessel-Lo/Leuven: Garant Uitgevers N.V., 2002.

(6)Slooten, Travis V. "Egg Protein: The "Gold Standard" for Protein Quality." Men's Total Fitness 2008. 14 Feb. 2009 <http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/egg-protein.html>.

(7)Sebokova, Elena, Garg, Manohar L., Wierzbicki, Antoni, Thomson, Alan B. R., Clandinin, M. Thomas
    Alteration of the Lipid Composition of Rat Testicular Plasma Membranes by Dietary (n-3) Fatty Acids Changes the Responsiveness of Leydig Cells and Testosterone Synthesis
    J. Nutr. 1990 120: 610-618

moosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Endomorphs

The best workout for an endomorph is one that can burn the excess fat they carry. I would recommend training twice a day, but if they can't, once a day can be fine. Endomorphs carry alot of extra fat, and some carry a lot of extra muscle under the fat. So they need to do weight training in the morning, and some cardio later in the day, but if not they can do 30 minutes of fast weight training, and 30 minutes of cardio. This should keep the heart rate up, for an efficient fat burning workout. I would recommend alternating between the different workouts, like working out twice a day, or once. The workout can look something like this.

Mon-Barbell rows, 3x12
    pulldown, 3x12
    shrugs, 3x12
    barbell curls, 3x12
    hammer curls, 3x12
    crunches, 3x25

Tue-barbell bench press, 3x12
    pushups, 3x12
    triceps pushdowns, 3x12
    tricep extensions, 3x12
    lateral raises, 3x12

Fri-squats, 3x15
    stifflegged deadlifts, 3x15
    calf raises, 3x20
    crunches, 3x30

For endomorphs, I would say to do cardio after weightraining, because they tend to get out of breath easily, so if they do it after, the maximum weight can be lifted without being to winded. If your training twice a day, do cardio later for an hour.

An endomorph workout does not differ a whole lot from a mesomorph,a little extra cardio being really the only difference. A mesomorph can do less reps. How it differs from an ectomorph is that, an endomorph needs a whole lot more of cardio, and can use more reps, being more beneficial. An ectomorph workout would be more suited toward less reps and heavier weight.

Since endomorph carry more fat, than the other ****types, they can't afford to cheat as much when it comes to diet. You can enjoy sweets and junk once in a while, but if you wan't to see progress, try to strictly limit your junk foods, or you'll be wasting your time. Good foods would be lean meats, fruits, veggies, lowfat milk, and tons of water. you can look up good low calorie foods, or ask a nutritionist, and I would also ask a personal trainer or a bodybuilder, just to see what they recommend, because they can sometimes be more knowledgeable than a nutritionist.

Endomorphs can achieve amazing weightloss by sticking to a good workout and nutrition plan. Consistency is the key to all great things.

Feighner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feighner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feighner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feighner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Feighner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You may think you would need to worry about injuries but everyone I have done this workout with has had great gains DRUG FREE. Also you don't do this workout all the time it's a one month workout followed by one week completely off.

Don Dickson is not very helpful. (-500) Don Dickson is not very helpful. (-500) Don Dickson is not very helpful. (-500) Don Dickson is not very helpful. (-500) Don Dickson is not very helpful. (-500) Don Dickson is not very helpful. (-500) Don Dickson is not very helpful. (-500) Don Dickson is not very helpful. (-500) Don Dickson is not very helpful. (-500) Don Dickson is not very helpful. (-500) Don Dickson is not very helpful. (-500)

There is no specific workout. Everyones goal when training is to loose fat. The main difference with endormophs is that they are probably bigger to start of with. THis means theres more to loose.

What should an andomorph do?

anything, you fatass... its called physical activity for a reason. its PHYSICAL. get off bodybuilding.com immeadiatly. Go to the park, ring a friend, get a LIFE!

your so fat you have your own zipcode.

you want to burn more FAT.

Eating while exercising is TOTALLY forbidden. ONe must resist any urges to consume pancakes during sets. EVEN IF THEY ARE PROTEIN PANCAKES.

NO CANDY! NO CHOCLATE NO SOFT DRINK. NO PANCAKES!!!

PAPER. IT CONTAINS ZERO CALORIES.

NOW YOU ARE EQUIPPED WITH ALL THE KNOWLEDGE.

GET UP FATSO!

the END!

GaTo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaTo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaTo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaTo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaTo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaTo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaTo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaTo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaTo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaTo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaTo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    was there ever a chosen winner?
    Lord don't make my load any lighter... just give me the strength to lift it. - James Henderson

Battling life's insanity AFMARQ's Avatar
    AFMARQ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AFMARQ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AFMARQ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AFMARQ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AFMARQ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AFMARQ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AFMARQ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AFMARQ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AFMARQ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AFMARQ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AFMARQ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Awesome thread.
    U.S. Air Force CE Troop since 1996 -- "We build, maintain, and protect."

~Misc Shaved Head Crew~
    ~Lakers crew~
    ~Dodgers Crew~

Wow...This topic is old. So, no winner chosen yet?