FitnessPeach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gaining an hourglass figure

Female
    Age 20
    5'5"
    SW: 110lbs
    CW: 124lbs
    GW: 130-135
    BWH: 34-25-37

I'm currently a year and a half into "gaining an hourglass figure". I love to workout, but it's actually starting to effect my goal in ways I don't particularly care for. ADVICE?

I've always been very thin and felt un-shapely; I've always most admired women with very full hips and very small waistlines.

For the first half of my fitness journey I focused on squats, sprints, and cycling. I slowly started to get out of being a cardio bunny and now I focus on high-weight, low-rep squats, deadlifts, split squats, leg extensions, ham curls, etc.
    For my waistline. I do a ridiculous amount of side dips, planks, hollow ups, and roman chair curls.

For the past month I've completely stopped doing cardio. I also wear a steel boned corset for 3-8 hours a day. I cinch to 22-20 inches. I've only worn it consistently for about two months. It's helped change the shape of my obliques, and brought in my waistline just a bit.

HOWEVER. I've started to feel like I'm getting "shredded"..LOL not really but I'm starting to develop the tear drop on my quads, my calves look a little crazy, etc.
    I'm also not getting the fullness in the hips that I desire. I've experienced INSANE BOOTY GAINS and my legs are overall much thicker, but the HIPS aren't getting very wide.
    What can I be doing to gain HIPS, other than the hip abduction machine? Also, What can I be doing to gain SHAPELY, FEMININE OBLIQUES?
    I'm okay with gaining a little fat. Yes, I know.

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As you say, you can bring your waist in but your hips are basically bone. You can make your bum bigger but this isn't going to add much "width". I don't really think you can gain "shapely, feminine obliques". Like any other muscle you can make it bigger and stronger, thats about it.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Can you post pics of your unsightly overly shredded body?
    I'm really having a hard time visualizing your problems.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Posting on a bodybuilding forum about being "too shredded"...OP, you lost?

In all seriousness, the corset is useless, ditch it. You can't change your hip width, that's genetic. To make your waist look smaller, eat a crapload and build up your delts and lats, and after they're sufficiently big, eat less and shred down.
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html

SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpartanRN will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree that the corset is of little use. It's going to take YEARS of wearing that for like 23 hours a day to change your shape. If you want to gain size, you're going to need to eat for it. Like you said, a little fat is going to come with it. Good luck!

MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    Posting on a bodybuilding forum about being "too shredded"...OP, you lost?

In all seriousness, the corset is useless, ditch it. You can't change your hip width, that's genetic. To make your waist look smaller, eat a crapload and build up your delts and lats, and after they're sufficiently big, eat less and shred down.
    Agreed. Definitely ditch the corset. It won't do a thing. Of suggest not doing the weighted side bends too.
    Wide shoulders and lats will help the illusion of a small waist.
    Bench press: current 65kg, goal 70kg
    Squat: current 75kg, goal 90kg
    Deadlift: current 100kg, goal 120kg

Natural Physique Assoc. (UK) figure 2014, 2nd place.

Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm with everyone here in that the corset trend needs to go. It's such BS... By working on your lower body and upper body (specifically shoulders), your waist can look smaller. Also genetics comes to play here, so there's only so much you can do with what you're given. Try not to compare yourself to girls who have the bone structure and fat distribution that gives them that "hourglass" look.
    ~Team Dymatize~

bodybuilding.com/store/dym/dym.htm
    instagram.com/dymatize
    ********.com/dymatize
    twitter.com/dymatize

PERFECTING ATHLETIC NUTRITION

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the
    official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

IG: sarahvyx

mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would stop doing any direct work to your obliques-- no side bends or abdominal rotational exercises. Your obliques are just like any muscle in your body-- if you provide it with the necessary nutrition and progressive overload it will get larger. This will only lead to a thicker waist and more of a straight up and down look.

You can get the illusion of a smaller waist by increasing the size of your delts and lats.

You really can only make your hips wider by gaining bodyfat.

I have huge cokebottle hips and I hate them! I'd gladly give you some!

Oh and ditch the corset. They can actually be bad for your internal organs