Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'6"
    BodyPoints: 11632
    Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Emma-Leigh's BodySpace

Information, Sources, Sites and Recipe Sites!

On the request of a few people - I have copied this link list for those in the female section.
    Feel free to add if you have anything else you want to share!

Please note - links to sites that are competitors of bb.com or links to sites that are 'pimping' something (eg: a product) will likely be deleted.

Research:
    Research Database Directory
    If you have something you want to look into then try here to find which database you need to go to (links to a variety of databases and lets you know the areas covered on that database too)

Pubmed

HighWire Press

BioMed Central
    Peer reviewed open access journals

Free Medical Journals
    An index of free full text

Alan Aragon's Research Review
    Critical reviews of fitness-related research

Supplements and Drugs:
    USDA Dietary Supplement Page

Medline Plus
    Information on a range of health/ nutrition/ medical topics

Supplementinfo.org
    More vitamin and supplement information

CDC Center for Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity Research

Food and Nutrition Information:
    Human Nutrition
    A brief rundown of the basics of nutrition

NutritionData.com
    Learn in more detail about macronutrient contents/ vitamin contents of your favourite foods

CalorieCount
    Another nutrition counter - but has an excellent recipe feature where you can calculate out your favourite recipes

Calculating the Energy in Foods
    Not for the faint hearted... You should have some basic understanding of nutrition before reading this

Protein Energy Interactions
    Another detailed bit of material about the interactions between protein and energy in the diet. Old, but still useful. This is from the United Nations University.

Linus Pauling Micronutrient information Centre
    More in depth information on vitamins/ minerals

Refrigerator and Shelf Life Information

Cook's Thesaurus
    For all those ingredients you are not sure about

Diet Nutrition and Lifestyle Internet Resources
    A list of links you can search through for nutrition and diet information

Calorielab.com
    Nutritional info on generic foods as well as a really good list of restaurant nutrition as well
    (thanks to Camaron2er for the link)

Bodybuilding and Healthy Recipe Sites!
    Sheila's LiveWell 360
    An old member who knows what it is to eat REAL food!

Food of April
    One of our very own *tear* - recipes that are quick, easy, and TASTY!

For The Love Of Cookies!
    More than just good food... good ranting too!

Teresa Cutter - The Healthy Chef!
    Yummy and wholesome meals without the 'no flavour' factor!

Susan Jane Murray - Eating with Intolerences
    Great recipes for those with allergies and food restrictions

Pimp My ProteinShake!
    Lots of recipes (shakes and otherwise) that are yummy and quick!

Diet, Desserts, and Dogs!
    More recipes than you could ever imagine trying to create and bake!

Heather Eats Almond Butter
    Not just about almond butter either.

Kath Eats Real Food
    YUMMMMMM!

Peanut Butter Boy
    Everything Peanut butter.... The site needs no further information to be given.

Stuff I make my Husband
    Interesting recipes with a paleo / primal food base - good concepts and many worth a try.

Pimp My Protein Shake
    Protein based tastiness - and not just shakes!

Couched
    Add together a unique combination of ingredients with a creative mind and you get awesome ideas for those on restricted diets.
    Well worth the look!
    BB.com Threads for Nutrition: What is What?!
    Debunking Nutrition Myths
    Fruit? Dairy? Carbs? Fats? What have you heard and what is 'true'?

Pre/ During/ Post workout Nutrition
    Alan's Epic Thread... A long read, but worth it!

Eating Disorder Support Group
    This is a very good thread to read if you have concerns

And... because we need to acknowledge that it is widespread on the boards -
    Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating:
    Last edited by Emma-Leigh; 03-10-2011 at 12:54 PM.
    *perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim*
    "The greatest rewards are always reserved for those who bring great value to themselves and the world around them as a result of whom and what they have become." - Jim Rohn
    It's your call. DRIV.... E.
    Reps for protein powder, puppies, or anyone who buys me a house.

Stats: 5'6"
    BodyPoints: 11632
    Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Emma-Leigh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Emma-Leigh's BodySpace
    Just putting this at the top so people see it...
    *perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim*
    "The greatest rewards are always reserved for those who bring great value to themselves and the world around them as a result of whom and what they have become." - Jim Rohn
    It's your call. DRIV.... E.
    Reps for protein powder, puppies, or anyone who buys me a house.

Time to start building... norinicole's Avatar
    Stats: 5'8", 150 lbs
    norinicole has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) norinicole has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) norinicole has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) norinicole has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) norinicole has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) norinicole has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) norinicole has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) norinicole has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) norinicole has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) norinicole has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) norinicole has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit norinicole's BodySpace
    I'm curious, is there a site where you can simply enter in your ingredients and/or nutritional information and it will add everything up for you? Other than the Calorie Count website?

Thanks!
    Mrs. Hessunit as of May 11, 2013

Registered User MotivatingManda's Avatar
    Stats: 5'8", 165 lbs
    BodyPoints: 510
    MotivatingManda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotivatingManda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotivatingManda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotivatingManda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotivatingManda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotivatingManda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotivatingManda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotivatingManda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotivatingManda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotivatingManda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotivatingManda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit MotivatingManda's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by norinicole View Post
    I'm curious, is there a site where you can simply enter in your ingredients and/or nutritional information and it will add everything up for you? Other than the Calorie Count website?

Thanks!
    Try www.fitday.com.. It's very helpful. There is an online version or you can purchase a PC program that adds everything up for you. Hope this helps!
    Winners are willing to do what losers aren't.

Stats: 5'8", 150 lbs
    TennisGeek has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TennisGeek has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TennisGeek has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TennisGeek has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TennisGeek has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TennisGeek has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TennisGeek has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TennisGeek has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TennisGeek has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TennisGeek has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TennisGeek has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit TennisGeek's BodySpace

Thanks!
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/users/myplate/

Ass courtesy of StepMill, Kate1's Avatar
    Stats: 5'7", 163 lbs
    Kate1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kate1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kate1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kate1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kate1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kate1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kate1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kate1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kate1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kate1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kate1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit Kate1's BodySpace
    www.calorieking.com

is a good site for calorie counts. It gives several options for the food - for instance say I ate 6 oz. blueberries. You can search for blueberries - then you can put in the measure as ounces, and put in 6 and voila - not only your calories, but all the nutrient data is there for 6 oz. of blueberries.

This is my primary site for calorie and nutrition data. Just so you know - they do have a a calorie counting program they'd like you to buy. Don't need to buy anything though.
    Ass courtesy of: Step Mill, Hack Squats, Leg Press, Leg Curls, stiff legged deads, and Smith Machine lunges! :)

Stats: 5'7", 128 lbs
    N.K. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit N.K.'s BodySpace

Smile

It's so great to see this, thanks for posting this. I use many of these sites regularly but there are quite a few on here that I don't use so I am printing this up.
    Exercise

Stats: 5'10", 160 lbs
    aussiemommy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aussiemommy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aussiemommy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aussiemommy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aussiemommy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aussiemommy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aussiemommy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aussiemommy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aussiemommy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aussiemommy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aussiemommy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit aussiemommy's BodySpace
    If you're Australian like me, use www.calorieking.com.au as it has most the food that is in our supermarkets. I checked out fitday but it didn't have some of the common the Aussie foods in it.

Stats: 5'7", 210 lbs
    Hannah625 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Hannah625's BodySpace
    Mydietanalysis.com is really good too... I use it often

Thanks!

Stats: 5'7", 134 lbs
    MissyLee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MissyLee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MissyLee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MissyLee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MissyLee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MissyLee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MissyLee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MissyLee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MissyLee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MissyLee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MissyLee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit MissyLee's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by aussiemommy View Post
    If you're Australian like me, use calorieking as it has most the food that is in our supermarkets. I checked out fitday but it didn't have some of the common the Aussie foods in it.
    Awesome! Just what I was looking for! Thanks

Stats: 5'3", 118 lbs
    ajangel25 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ajangel25 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ajangel25 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ajangel25 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ajangel25 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ajangel25 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ajangel25 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ajangel25 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ajangel25 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ajangel25 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ajangel25 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ajangel25's BodySpace
    Yay I feel so honored! LOL. Thanks!!

Stats: 5'7", 146 lbs
    SaucyV is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit SaucyV's BodySpace
    I like fatsecret.com. It'll let you enter meals & exercise activity...will give you your fat/carb/protein intake (among other options you can personalize). You can set your daily intake and it'll show you where you're at w/ each food you enter. The database is huge to select from, and you can add anything you want by entering the nutritional facts off the label. There are also forums a journal feature and forums too. I found it a handy tool!

Thanks!
    ~You can do anything you set your mind to do!~

Stats: 5'1", 113 lbs
    Debbie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Debbie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Debbie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Debbie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Debbie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Debbie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Debbie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Debbie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Debbie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Debbie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Debbie has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Debbie's BodySpace
    Great thread!!!
    I love the links and will surely be using them a lot.

Thanks for sharing!
    => "Like" me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DebbieInShape
    => "Follow" me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/DebbieInShape

Missgymrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Missgymrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Missgymrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Missgymrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Missgymrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Missgymrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Missgymrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Missgymrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Missgymrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Missgymrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Missgymrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Missgymrat's BodySpace
    Great thread with interesting links, thanks for the info.

Panado is just really nice. (+1000) Panado is just really nice. (+1000) Panado is just really nice. (+1000) Panado is just really nice. (+1000) Panado is just really nice. (+1000) Panado is just really nice. (+1000) Panado is just really nice. (+1000) Panado is just really nice. (+1000) Panado is just really nice. (+1000) Panado is just really nice. (+1000) Panado is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit Panado's BodySpace
    fatcutadvice.com changed, but these sites are awesome as well

Stats: 5'6", 131 lbs
    gfearRD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gfearRD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gfearRD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gfearRD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gfearRD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gfearRD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gfearRD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit gfearRD's BodySpace

Wink

I like to use the Daily Plate as well for calorie tracking. It's so easy, and the database is very exhaustive.

ehamrick530 is a name known to all. (+5000) ehamrick530 is a name known to all. (+5000) ehamrick530 is a name known to all. (+5000) ehamrick530 is a name known to all. (+5000) ehamrick530 is a name known to all. (+5000) ehamrick530 is a name known to all. (+5000) ehamrick530 is a name known to all. (+5000) ehamrick530 is a name known to all. (+5000) ehamrick530 is a name known to all. (+5000) ehamrick530 is a name known to all. (+5000) ehamrick530 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thanks for this thread, it can be really tough to find reliable information on the internet these days.

Registered User HopeSmallwonder's Avatar
    Stats: 5'4", 128 lbs
    HopeSmallwonder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HopeSmallwonder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HopeSmallwonder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HopeSmallwonder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HopeSmallwonder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HopeSmallwonder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HopeSmallwonder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HopeSmallwonder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HopeSmallwonder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HopeSmallwonder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HopeSmallwonder has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit HopeSmallwonder's BodySpace
    I post recipes and dieting information on my facebook fan page all the time and also ask friends of mine to post there favorite recipes and such on my wall as well! " LIKE" my fan page and feel free to add to it ladies! I would greatly appreciate it!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hop...89567011079697
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000582781653

Infinite Labs Model

Auber009 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm trying to decide where to buy my supplements and vitamins online (natural, if possible=)). Because I want to save money I was searching on some discount sites. But there are so many stores...

Registered User jeannemadrigal2's Avatar
    jeannemadrigal2 is a complete loser! (-2000) jeannemadrigal2 is a complete loser! (-2000) jeannemadrigal2 is a complete loser! (-2000) jeannemadrigal2 is a complete loser! (-2000) jeannemadrigal2 is a complete loser! (-2000) jeannemadrigal2 is a complete loser! (-2000) jeannemadrigal2 is a complete loser! (-2000) jeannemadrigal2 is a complete loser! (-2000) jeannemadrigal2 is a complete loser! (-2000) jeannemadrigal2 is a complete loser! (-2000) jeannemadrigal2 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    It's so great to see this, thanks for share this .

Stats: 6'0", 140 lbs
    ryan2512 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ryan2512 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ryan2512 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ryan2512 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ryan2512 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ryan2512 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ryan2512 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ryan2512 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ryan2512 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ryan2512 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ryan2512 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ryan2512's BodySpace

Thumbs up

Can't believe I didn't find this thread earlier. Thank you kindly!

Stats: 5'4", 160 lbs
    skylar2123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit skylar2123's BodySpace
    I was wondering if anyone could give me a good diet for a mother of twins trying to lose that "baby fat" from having them and being lazy but trying to progress towards a goal of competing. It would be awesome.

ksdurham15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit ksdurham15's BodySpace
    This is SOOOOOO awesome!!!!! Thanks!
    -HURT PEOPLE, Hurt People.-

Stats: 5'6", 132 lbs
    Tri30 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Tri30's BodySpace
    hey girls!!!

unfortunately most of the ingredients are not available in germany...you really do have more options for creating the "sweet" recipes than i have. furthermore most of the recipes include special supplements like flavoured protein/whey powder which i do not want to order for only using once or twice for a certain recipe.
    so, maybe someone can help me knowing about the sources available in germany...bodybuilding is not that common here than it is in your country...we do not have all that sugar-free/fat-free/low carb stuff :-(

Stats: 5'5", 121 lbs
    mydreamshape is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mydreamshape is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mydreamshape is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mydreamshape is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mydreamshape is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mydreamshape is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mydreamshape is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mydreamshape is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mydreamshape is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mydreamshape is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mydreamshape is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit mydreamshape's BodySpace
    I just scan my food with my net diary. It's the fastest way I've found.

Thanks!
    www.mydreamshape.com (Tips and Tools to get you into Bikini Model Shape)