Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cool Do I need still Casein protein at night?

On keto diet fasting at night because of sleep. Does the body still tries to tear down muscle for protein? Or Because on keto diet, the body use fat as source during sleep and muscle is left alone?

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It sure can't hurt.

I just do Whey + 2 tb natural Peanut Butter.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you are burning fat for energy, even during sleep, you are not burning muscle. You don't NEED to eat protein before bed to safeguard your muscles. If you are hungry in the evening, then something like cottage cheese is good as it keeps you feeling full so you are less likely to wake up from hunger.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IMO, nobody really NEEDs Casein at night.

Any type of protein source and fat before bed would be fine. I would say that no matter what diet you were on.

People over worry about going "Catabolic" over night. It's really not that big of a deal.

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    many thanks and ohh I am in the red lolz

Thanks* just for that moment I shouldn't have neg that guy back in the red.. haha
    Last edited by Vietgoboi; 02-07-2009 at 04:51 PM.

s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    If you are burning fat for energy, even during sleep, you are not burning muscle. You don't NEED to eat protein before bed to safeguard your muscles. If you are hungry in the evening, then something like cottage cheese is good as it keeps you feeling full so you are less likely to wake up from hunger.
    You need protein to create the amino acids needed to digest fats or carbohydrates, when you're not eating protein, the body gets them from muscle tissue.

Originally Posted by s.o.u.p View Post
    You need protein to create the amino acids needed to digest fats or carbohydrates, when you're not eating protein, the body gets them from muscle tissue.
    What about fat storage from our bodies? Did you mean it for incoming foods or already in storge?

jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by s.o.u.p View Post

lol, your body isnt going to attack your muscles as soon as you fall asleep cause you havent eaten protein in a few hours.

if you *were* losing any muscle during sleep, it wouldnt even be worth mentioning. its just not significant.

pretty sure it would take at least a few days of not eating any protein to actually notice muscle loss.
    even back before i knew what i was doing, say in like 8th grade when i was just working out cause i liked it, as a vegetarian who believed in skipping breakfast and lunch, i cant imagine i was getting more than 30g of protein a day and i still kept my muscle :/
    keto is for lovers.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113568721

s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500)
    Yes, you still need amino acids to digest stored bodyfats.

Originally Posted by jecristragedy View Post
    lol, your body isnt going to attack your muscles as soon as you fall asleep cause you havent eaten protein in a few hours.
    I never said that, and I agree on the other points you made, however having a macronutrient source that's being digested while you sleep is beneficial.

What I said was true, and you agreed, I wasn't trying t be all fearmongering about it, just pointing out the facts.

J1n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J1n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J1n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J1n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J1n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J1n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J1n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J1n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J1n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J1n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J1n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i like taking casein at night. it keeps my stomach full and helps me sleep.
    Misc Work Crew

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by J1n View Post
    i like taking casein at night. it keeps my stomach full and helps me sleep.
    Well, if you like the way it tastes and it helps you sleep then go for it.

Personally, I hate the sh*t and can't stand it. It makes me queasy if I have a stomach full of it at night (serious).