schambers1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help Me !!! I Need The Truth

Can you lose body fat and lose inches with weights and diet alone?? I have heard so many opinions I am sick of it. Is anyone here living proof that you can trim down with weights?

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Diet is most important; if you consume less calories than you burn you WILL lose weight. Lifting weights in addition to dieting does 2 things: it burns more calories and it preserves muscle mass. So although dieting alone will help you lose weight, dieting plus lifting will help you lose fat.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you can't handle the TRUTH!

pay tribute is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pay tribute is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pay tribute is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pay tribute is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pay tribute is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pay tribute is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pay tribute is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pay tribute is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pay tribute is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pay tribute is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pay tribute is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by schambers1973 View Post
    Can you lose body fat and lose inches with weights and diet alone?? I have heard so many opinions I am sick of it. Is anyone here living proof that you can trim down with weights?
    You can lose body fat with diet/cardio alone. Lifting weights won't cause you to lose fat, although the more muscle mass you have the more calories you burn daily.

Registered User touchdowngraves's Avatar
    touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) touchdowngraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by schambers1973 View Post
    You have heard opinions that working out and eating right WON'T lose you weight?

What the hell do they say will?

Kernels Finest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kernels Finest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kernels Finest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kernels Finest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kernels Finest has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have found that weights, bodybuilding is a great fat / weight loss mechanism, without altering my diet drastically.

The beauty of muscle building is that you begin to eat more. Training with intensity and ever increasing poundages gives me better and longer deep sleep.

The more muscle mass you have, means the more you are burning calories at the gym and your muscle burns more calories when resting than if your very fat.