cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

am i doing something wrong.

i have been lifting for about 8 months now ,my strength has gone up alot but not showing much mass gain.i can see more definition,but my arms still look skinny.plz reply if you can

creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cooksey74 View Post
    i have been lifting for about 8 months now ,my strength has gone up alot but not showing much mass gain.i can see more definition,but my arms still look skinny.plz reply if you can
    Your either not lifting heavy enough or eating properly. It takes time.
    Chris
    Building a Lean Mass SuperHero Body or die trying.

cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cooksey74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    glad to see yuo answer.im 34 and i just want to get in some good shape.i do feel fuller in my chest.if im not using alot of weight but do enough reps to where i can do anymore wouldnt that help.you are right it does take alot of time.i had 2 people say looks like id lost weight,didnt really wnat to hear that.lol

Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    glad to see yuo answer.im 34 and i just want to get in some good shape.i do feel fuller in my chest.if im not using alot of weight but do enough reps to where i can do anymore wouldnt that help.you are right it does take alot of time.i had 2 people say looks like id lost weight,didnt really wnat to hear that.lol
    Odds are you are not eating enough. Its all about food bro. If you want to gain size, not just strength, you need to up your calorie intake but a ton. I had the same problems with my arms. I never got over it until I took eating seriously. Also, keep your reps low and weight heavy. Hope that helps man.
    ~Tim~

Bodyspace = http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Shawshank3741/

Illbill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah...It seems like it's a food matter.

What does your diet looks like?.

JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dont overwork those Bi's though you get alot of stimulation in Bis and Tris with other compound moves Underhand rows and other horizontal pulls are good for Bis and Close grip bench and push ups are good for Tris. Diet-Rest are an even bigger factor then workin out also. Get a good 12 hour protein and drink that 2-3 times a day and get a good post workout shake with a good amount of fast acting carbs, protein and aminos. Also try changin up your workout 1 month go heavy with lower reps 4-6 then next try lighter with more reps 10-12 just make sure that last rep is all you can do with proper form. Do your compound moves first then finsish with a few sets of Isolation. Good luck
    Its Human Nature To Take The Easy Way Out
    But There Is No Substitute For Hard Work-
    Id Rather Sweat In The Gym Than Bleed In a Fight!

SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think the important question is: how tall are you and how much do you weigh? That'll tell us if you are eating enough.

im 6foot and about 220.but i think eating is probably right i dont eat alot of calories for the fact of it turning into fat.so i will eat more.i dont know my calorie intake but im almost sure its about 12 to 1500 a day

Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    im 6foot and about 220.but i think eating is probably right i dont eat alot of calories for the fact of it turning into fat.so i will eat more.i dont know my calorie intake but im almost sure its about 12 to 1500 a day
    Yea, thats way to little. You have to get over the fact that you're going to gain some fat if you want to gain size. You can't do both. You will never see the gains you are looking for unless you double or better yet tripple your calorie intake.
    ~Tim~

what kind of foods do you reccommend to get all those caloreies.i know your not talking junkfood,but if you could throw in a few food goups or something that would help with my calorie intake and thanks

DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you keep track of your measurements? I used to think that I wasn't growing at all too for a while until I started keeping track of my measurements, and noticed that I actually was getting bigger. Its hard to notice improvement on your own body because you see it everyday.

Are you gaining weight?
    Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene

DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oh. Also just saw ur post on calories. Deffinately need more than 1500.

How often do you eat a day?

How much protein do you consume? You could be eating 5000 cals a day but if none of its protein, it won't do you much good.
    Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene

JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eggs-Oatmeal-Chicken-Salmon-WHeat Bread- Peaut Butter. Eat Simple Carbs(sugary fast acting) in the morning and just before and after your workout. I go for 4000 calories a day 2000 coming from carbs alone. Plan your meals SUnday night before the week begins and go for 6 times a day or every 3 hours. Get your good fats Mono and Poly get some good complex carbs and high protein. Those Rotisserie chickens are so good you can cut them up and make sandwiches for the whole week. Get some Meal replacement bars too for the in between meals good for while you work.
    Its Human Nature To Take The Easy Way Out
    But There Is No Substitute For Hard Work-
    Id Rather Sweat In The Gym Than Bleed In a Fight!

what kind of foods do you reccommend to get all those caloreies.i know your not talking junkfood,but if you could throw in a few food goups or something that would help with my calorie intake and thanks
    As a general rule, make MEAT, CHICKEN, and FISH staples of your diet. Make sure you get 2+ meals including one of those three a day. Also make sure you are eating every 2.5-3.5 hours. It may sound like a lot but its all about getting into a routine. Look for foods with high protien and dietary fiber to supplement the foundation of your diet. Also mix in some weight gainer or muscle milk twice a day.
    ~Tim~