Thread: skin retraction

jdmrtn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

skin retraction

hey i am 23 and was obese up until 21. i have completely transformed my body but i am having a hard time getting skin to retract. i have tried lotions (thiomax, coco butter, and few others), i do cardio every day and drink water. if there are any tricks i would love to know about them!! Thanks for any help!!

derekwhitaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) derekwhitaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) derekwhitaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) derekwhitaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) derekwhitaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) derekwhitaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) derekwhitaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) derekwhitaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) derekwhitaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) derekwhitaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) derekwhitaker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Man I hate having to say it but if there is a good amount of extra skin there are no tricks to do. It will get slightly better but you will have to find the money to get the loose skin surgicly removed it is done all the time for people who have lost great deals of weight, good thing is when they do it they get the skin pulled super tight over your abs.

EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10) EdgeOfThorns is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Check out some info online...some things ive read , and i dont know the full science too it yet is that its not loose skin, its still fat cells not broken down. I think thats how it was put.

Things to do is drink tons of water and i mean tons, keep the skin hydrated, and either get super strict with your diet and work hard to burn more and more fat, and or work now to fill it in with muscle....do a massive bulk, fill it all in, then cut from there and in time it should all work, it just is going to be a bitch.

So i dont know, thats my thoughts...check some info online.
    Here We Go Steelers Here We Go!

Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000)
    check out this thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112062351

It can be done naturally. It just means staying at a low body fat % and time to recover.

You are only 23, so even though you were heavy for a while, your skin can possibly retract and tighten. It depends on the elastisity/genes.

stretch marks - well imo that's nature's way of keeping people humble, lol.

Good luck and congrats on your transformation.

There's always a tummy tuck, but I myself am keeping that as a very remote last option because 1) I hate going under the knife and 2) I'm cheap, lol
    The Watchmen
    Rorschach: "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

'The timid civilized world has found nothing with which to oppose the onslaught of a sudden revival of barefaced barbarity, other than concessions and smiles.'
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jdmrtn View Post
    hey i am 23 and was obese up until 21. i have completely transformed my body but i am having a hard time getting skin to retract. i have tried lotions (thiomax, coco butter, and few others), i do cardio every day and drink water. if there are any tricks i would love to know about them!! Thanks for any help!!
    Congratulations on your weight loss. Do you know what your BMI Calculation? This and a Body Fat Calculator can be a guide to how far you have progressed. Getting the body fat to a comfortable level can help to a degree. However for some, the connective tissue is damaged (i.e. stretch marks) and will only shrink so far.

Loose Skin of the Abdomen comes in many different degrees.

Being patient helps. After massive weight loss loose skin can be a factor. For gastric bypass patients, it can take from 6 to 18 months after weight stabilization for the skin to catch up. Pregnancy stretching is typically for a much shorter interval than for the massive weight loss patient and typically takes a few months. How much it will shrink depends on how damaged the connective tissue that makes up the skin and deeper layers.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty Surgery
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    try using a stapeler to staple the skin so its tighter

DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DagmA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by injured44 View Post
    try being less of an idiot

Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    stop doing cardio.. eat lots of protien and add some muscle.

wytchdoctur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wytchdoctur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wytchdoctur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wytchdoctur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wytchdoctur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Lmfao Gtfo!

Originally Posted by injured44 View Post
    Wow Injured44, looks like you live up to your name...
    The WytchDoctur Says:
    "Humans were built for change. Where's your humanity?"
    "How many grams of carbs did I have today..."
    "I'm gonna rip this place apart!"
    "F***ING SHREDDED!"

210 to 165 to 145.

Acheiving Human Aethetic....

One rep at a time