Thread: Stagnant gains

SigEpLaxer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SigEpLaxer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SigEpLaxer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SigEpLaxer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SigEpLaxer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SigEpLaxer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SigEpLaxer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SigEpLaxer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SigEpLaxer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SigEpLaxer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SigEpLaxer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Stagnant gains

I've been working out for almost a year now. I've seen my waist size go down 2.5 sizes. Seen a little definition in arms and legs. But recently, I'm not seeing any progress. I see a lot of different workout programs around here and am not sure which one would help kick start my workouts.

Right now, I'm 6' and weigh 230. Don't know my bodyfat (will find that out on Monday). I'm trying to pick up some muscle and then cut back down to get rid of this gut. I lift 3 times a week (M - Back, bis; W - Chest, tris; F - Legs, shoulders). I'm lifting as heavy as I can and keep good form. I've just been doing the basics ( bench, leg press, bicep curls, etc)

You guys have any suggestions? I'm not opposed to increasing the amount of days I workout or maybe do splits (upper / lower).

Thanks.
    But did you die?

w-villewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w-villewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w-villewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w-villewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w-villewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w-villewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w-villewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w-villewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w-villewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w-villewarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my guess

would be to add some more exercises to your routine, example 3sets bench then 3 sets dumbell flys, for back 3 sets rows and 3 pull ups. do tris and bi's the same day with three exercises a peice. super sets work good for your arms. some times i dont lift for about 4 days and then i'll do a 2 1/2hr arm workout doin a super set of tris and bi's every 10mins and eating and drinking lots of protien. it seems to shock your muscles pretty good but i only do that about once every month and a half or so..

Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SigEpLaxer View Post
    I've been working out for almost a year now. I've seen my waist size go down 2.5 sizes. Seen a little definition in arms and legs. But recently, I'm not seeing any progress. I see a lot of different workout programs around here and am not sure which one would help kick start my workouts.

Right now, I'm 6' and weigh 230. Don't know my bodyfat (will find that out on Monday). I'm trying to pick up some muscle and then cut back down to get rid of this gut. I lift 3 times a week (M - Back, bis; W - Chest, tris; F - Legs, shoulders). I'm lifting as heavy as I can and keep good form. I've just been doing the basics ( bench, leg press, bicep curls, etc)

You guys have any suggestions? I'm not opposed to increasing the amount of days I workout or maybe do splits (upper / lower).

Thanks.
    As the above poster mentioned you should really take a good look at your diet. Make sure you are eating a ton of meat and chicken or fish. Also switch up your gym routine monthly. Do supersets, neg reps, etc. Don't let your body get used to the same old thing. Also keep your weight heavy and reps low. Hope that helps bud
    ~Tim~

Bodyspace = http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Shawshank3741/