Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Exclamation Interactive Cirque du Soleil Interview w/ Chef and Head Coach (YOU ask the questions)

Hi all, you read it right! Here's an opportunity to have YOUR questions answered by both a Cirque du Soleil Chef, as well as a Cirque head coach! First, a disclaimer. I'm not associated in any way with Cirque. Who I am affiliated with, is a regional publication. In that capacity, Cirque du Soleil publicists approached me and asked if I would be interested in scheduling a phone interview with their Artistic Director, their Head Coach, and one of their Chefs. The letter stated:

I would love to speak with you about scheduling phone interviews prior to
    the Saltimbanco show with a number of Cirque du Soleil officials who are
    instrumental in ensuring the show and its performers are at the top of their
    game - including the Artistic director, head coach (who trains the
    performers) and even the Chef, who can reveal the special diet these
    athletes and performers keep to stay healthy.

Rather than ask only the questions I think people here in the local area would be interested in, I decided to do something very different... open it up to the members here at BB.com. I think it will be a great opportunity to learn specifics on how top-level athletes eat and train... direct from the source!

Here's how it will work - each forum member can post up to 3 questions for either the chef and/or the head coach. The format needs to be as such: Questions come at the START of the post, not the middle or the end. Feel free to write whatever else you'd like to AFTER you isolate the questions by a row of ===='s both above and below. Please indicate WHO you are asking the question to by writing either COACH: or CHEF: before the question. Here is an example:

============================================

COACH: "What is the importance of strength training to athletes involved primarily in acrobatics?"

CHEF: "What do you feel are proper nutritional guidelines for members of Cirque? Why?"

The show begins on the 18th, and I am waiting until tomorrow to schedule the phone interview. It will tentatively be on the 11th or the 12th, but I will update this post as I find out more information.

The top 10 questions for both the head coach and the chef will be selected (at my discretion) and will be asked during the phone interviews. The transcript from the call will be typed up and placed on BB.com for all to see.

Feel free to discuss, and ask questions, but also remember that in order for your questions to the head coach/chef to be counted or even CONSIDERED, they MUST follow the EXACT formatting guidelines specified above! I don't mean to come off as a hardass, but I'm not going to waste time digging through posts trying to find your questions buried in a paragraph of banality. If it's not clear to see, at the start of the post and surrounded by ==='s, it won't be considered for submission.

Thanks, and good luck.
    Last edited by Jerbee02; 02-06-2009 at 07:21 AM.
    PULVERIZE!!!

Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jerbee02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

COACH: "What is the importance of strength training to athletes involved primarily in acrobatics?"

CHEF: "What do you feel are proper nutritional guidelines for members of Cirque? Why?"

This is a sample post as to how any question submissions should look. Feel free to write whatever you want in this section, so long as the formatting guidelines above are followed. Thanks.
    PULVERIZE!!!

SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ==========================================

COACH: What exercises do you have your athletes do to avoid injuries to their joints? Specifically, I wonder what your advice is on preventing knee injuries?

CHEF: How important is fat in the diet? How much of your daily calories do you recommend should come from fats and what are the recommended sources for this?

==========================================