Intervene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Nausea from Whey Protein

I've recently bought myself Optimal Nutrition 100% Whey gold standard as a post-work out protein powder.

After reading some good reviews about it, I have started to feel nauseaous and I feel this lumping feeling in my throat. Even as I close my mouth now and think about it, it seems like it won't take much effort to actually heave.

I'm not sure if this could be related to anxiety instead. Or maybe working out too much?

I have read that Lactose could be the culprit (I drink Soy Milk, haven't had cows milk in along time unless it's flavoured milk or something), but the Protein package itself mentions that there is a low lactose/fat/cholestrol content.

Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    first of all you should have protein in your system digested before you work out, after doesnt matter as much and you can just eat normally after

second of all, any whey isolate I've ever seen has nothing but whey in it, so that means no lactose

thirdly, if thinking about eating something makes you feel sick, then you probably felt sick when you ate it, and now you're conditioned to feel sick when you think about it. whether it caused you to be sick or it was a coincidence or what.

to test this yourself just drink 25g of that powder with 25g of carbs 40 minutes before exercise. during and after exercise drink a bit of sugary drink. afterwards drink some sugary drink and then eat a normal meal in the next hour or two.

RoxyPink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink whey protein.....

I also get sick when I drink whey protein, I get cramps and bloating and I feel really sick?.I didn?t know why, but I figured I was reacting to the stuff in it, I can drink milk or eat cheese so I changed to Soy Protein, but after a while I was feeling good with a that either, you might be lactose intolerant, like me?.I am now just drinking egg whites, with half a banana and spinach leaves, so far so good, no more cramps, bloating, or anything?I hope you find something that works for you. Good luck?
    RoXyPink

Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RoxyPink View Post
    I also get sick when I drink whey protein, I get cramps and bloating and I feel really sick?.I didn?t know why, but I figured I was reacting to the stuff in it, I can drink milk or eat cheese so I changed to Soy Protein, but after a while I was feeling good with a that either, you might be lactose intolerant, like me?.I am now just drinking egg whites, with half a banana and spinach leaves, so far so good, no more cramps, bloating, or anything?I hope you find something that works for you. Good luck?

yah thats what whey portien will do it will make u feel bloated and inflatuate and poop more often. Its a side effect everyone that uses it will probably feel.

Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Alboking View Post
    yah thats what whey portien will do it will make u feel bloated and inflatuate and poop more often. Its a side effect everyone that uses it will probably feel.
    I don't feel anything from it.

Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000) Alboking is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Clarko View Post
    I don't feel anything from it.
    Everyone at the gym i kno feels this. Whey is known to make ppl feel like that

maybe you are only drinking 1 scoop of whey protien? or u got tasteless whey?

i do 3 scoopes of whey 2 times than 1 scoop of time realsed protien?

Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Everyone at the gym i kno feels this. Whey is known to make ppl feel like that

maybe you are only drinking 1 scoop of whey protien? or u got tasteless whey?

i do 3 scoopes of whey 2 times than 1 scoop of time realsed protien?
    this is the science forum kid, the reason you people are complaining about whey causing stomach problems is because you're taking too much. 20g of protein every hour or two is all you need. any more gets **** out your ass. that is why you're talking about stomach problems and stinky **** and all the rest. because bacteria in your stomach are having a party with all the extra whey you didn't digest

tonyjaafan is a name known to all. (+5000) tonyjaafan is a name known to all. (+5000) tonyjaafan is a name known to all. (+5000) tonyjaafan is a name known to all. (+5000) tonyjaafan is a name known to all. (+5000) tonyjaafan is a name known to all. (+5000) tonyjaafan is a name known to all. (+5000) tonyjaafan is a name known to all. (+5000) tonyjaafan is a name known to all. (+5000) tonyjaafan is a name known to all. (+5000) tonyjaafan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Maybe you are lactose intolerant or possibly even allergic to something in the product.
    To find out if you are allergic to it, lie down on a flat surface (eg. bed) with your hands besides you. Hold the whey in the right hand (make sure your fingertips are making direct contact with the powder - just dip your hand in the tub or something) then raise your left hand straight up and have someone push it down with a decent force while you try to resist. If you are allergic to the whey your left shoulder would really pain and the hand would go down and if you are not allergic then you would be able to resist easily.
    This is known as MRT (Muscle Response Testing) which they use in NAET.
    Ive had NAET done on me and still getting it done and its good.
    Try the MRT for yourself and you would be surprised.

Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've never felt a single side effect from whey. Why are you taking 3 scoops at once? Don't you eat food?

However, whey proteins are relatively low in lactose.
    I want to touch the butt.

diakr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been using the same stuff for years.
    40-60g post workout, or 40g if I have a shake for one of my 3hour meals.

The only time I feel anything, is a headache and sore sides (kidneys?) if I don?t drink enough milk / water with it. Researching, I found out that modern whey?s can load your filtration system if your even slightly dehydrated. My understanding of osmosis lines up with this.

It could almost anything they add to the whey though, doesn?t necessarily have to be the whey itself. Considering you mentioned the brand, I would assume you haven?t had this reaction to other wheys?

Cheers
    M

fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ON whey has the same effect on me, and I think at least one other brand. BUT this is only if I mix it with just water. These days I mix in a sachet of Emergen-C. Problem solved.
    My transformation log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115239961

pre-exhausted leg press PR - 3x12x390

fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Soy protein powders should be banned, imo.
    My transformation log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115239961

pre-exhausted leg press PR - 3x12x390

14kRPM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 14kRPM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 14kRPM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 14kRPM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 14kRPM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 14kRPM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 14kRPM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 14kRPM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 14kRPM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 14kRPM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 14kRPM is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Protein from Egg Whites isn't absorbed very well. Egg Whites should always be cooked.
    Eating too many raw egg whites can also cause biotin deficiency.

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716

dyno772 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bloating/gas/cramps from whey is usually associated with drinking it too soon after shaking/mixing it up. have u ever seen how it fizzles for a bit after its been mixed? i used to get bloated all the time until i let it settle for at least 30 secs after

bfromcolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a similar problem with Body Fortress Advanced from my local Walmart. I have taken it 3 times and twice I had stomach problems. This is from taking a single scoop mixed with water. I know there are other ingredients in this stuff. I was wondering if this is something you learn to tolerate over time, or if I should just ditch the remainder and maybe try some other brand?

Thanks

jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtreece will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's a very odd problem and being in psychology, I would most likely go with a psychological problem (I'm biased.) Although, there could be the very slim possibility that you got a bad tub. I would doubt it because I think ON is such a great company, but there's still the possibility. Try going to GNC (I know I know, blasphemy) and buy a cheap 1 serving packet of whatever they have. Try taking it and see how you feel. That way, you won't waste much money.
    Fear God, not heavy weight.

When you think you can't, imagine who will.