chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

so here is my current pic 3 months post acl surgery

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...g?t=1233901295

i was forced to bulk as i tore my acl 4 months ago and had knee surgery about 3 months ago and had to start over since i stopped lifting for those 2 months.

so what do you think for 2 months?

i look pregnant

on the plus side this bulk has me lifting at about 90% of pre-injury...not sure why it came back so quick...my guess is most of the strength comes from my rehab beard.
    Last edited by chexmix78; 02-05-2009 at 11:03 PM.

richy_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) richy_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) richy_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) richy_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) richy_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) richy_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) richy_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) richy_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) richy_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) richy_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) richy_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    were you relaxing a little to much in that pic?? lol start working your core ab muscles ASAP
    What is wrong with roids anyways?

chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chexmix78 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by richy_boi View Post
    were you relaxing a little to much in that pic?? lol start working your core ab muscles ASAP
    i was COMPLETELY relaxed. i was surprised that it stuck out that much!

hadouken is not very helpful. (-500) hadouken is not very helpful. (-500) hadouken is not very helpful. (-500) hadouken is not very helpful. (-500) hadouken is not very helpful. (-500) hadouken is not very helpful. (-500) hadouken is not very helpful. (-500) hadouken is not very helpful. (-500) hadouken is not very helpful. (-500) hadouken is not very helpful. (-500) hadouken is not very helpful. (-500)
    totally know what thats like... i didnt start lifting until after the 3rd time i tore my acl... my right quad was 19 inches when i started... no ****ing joke. recovery is tough and slow too. quite a bulk there btw

since you guys seem to think i am a fatty...here's one of the front, where i am tightening the gut somewhat.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...g?t=1234074227

what needs work? to me the chest, traps and lats?

i am going to continue bulking for 2 more months. then my knee should be good to do cardio on a cut.
    Last edited by chexmix78; 02-07-2009 at 10:27 PM.

slowdubbin68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowdubbin68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowdubbin68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowdubbin68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowdubbin68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowdubbin68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowdubbin68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowdubbin68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowdubbin68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowdubbin68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowdubbin68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    how did you mess up your acl ?

StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000)
    traps and arms look decent.
    chest doesn't.

But it's hard to tell with that much fat.

Can't see back.

hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How long were you off your feet? I am nervous about that myself, since my surgery is a newer one and I won't be able to walk (no exceptions) for another five weeks...
    My upper body is going to rock with all the crutching around...

But back to you... what is your plan for cutting now that you are up and around more?

Originally Posted by hammiemam View Post
    How long were you off your feet? I am nervous about that myself, since my surgery is a newer one and I won't be able to walk (no exceptions) for another five weeks...
    My upper body is going to rock with all the crutching around...

But back to you... what is your plan for cutting now that you are up and around more?
    i was never COMPLETELY bed-ridden. i had to help mysel ffor half the day and walk the dog, or should i say crutch the dog...(that sucked) but other than that i was resting.

i was on crutches for about a week and a half with the full-leg brace completely locked out.

then i used just the brace (locked) for a couple of weeks and then unlocked the brace for the last week. so about a month with the brace.

i am much more up and about, but i think i am gonna bulk for a few more week, maybe a month, hopefully by then i'll have more endurance and less pain. when i try to use the treadmill, i start limping and get this tightness in from of leg.

oh well theres always the bike!

hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammiemam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am not bed ridden, per se, but I am allowed no weight bearing for another five weeks. I am hoping I can prove myself in PT and my doc will change his mind. I am only one week post-op right now, and I lifted hard and did cardio up until the day before. I have cut back a bunch on what I eat, but I am still afraid of what this time off will do to me physically. I can already tell I am loosing quite a bit in my surgery leg. I would love to hear more about your progress and what works and doesn't work for you.

I am not bed ridden, per se, but I am allowed no weight bearing for another five weeks. I am hoping I can prove myself in PT and my doc will change his mind. I am only one week post-op right now, and I lifted hard and did cardio up until the day before. I have cut back a bunch on what I eat, but I am still afraid of what this time off will do to me physically. I can already tell I am loosing quite a bit in my surgery leg. I would love to hear more about your progress and what works and doesn't work for you.
    i lost a lot of size in my left leg, but most of it came back with just physical therapy. i ended up taking almost three full months off from lifting, but that's just becasue i got lazy. i could have started after two months.

i lift with my brace (the one in the pic) and for the most part i can lift normal (upper body) when standing with heavier weights i do feel like mike quad is still weak and a,m glad i am supported by th ebrace.

running is still a problem, i can do it but with a limp.

tommyb`028 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyb`028 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyb`028 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyb`028 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyb`028 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyb`028 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyb`028 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyb`028 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyb`028 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyb`028 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommyb`028 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a year off of acl and micro-fracture surgery. A had a ton of bone shaving done so I was on crutches for over 2 months. The best piece of advice I can give to you guys is to take your physical therapy just as serious, if not more so then your bodybuilding routine. You will fully regret not taking it seriously, because it will effect you for the rest of your life. Most importantly, listen to your doctor. Even if you feel like you can go out and run a mile, if he tells you not to then dont do it. This is the rest of your life.. any surgery needs to be taken very seriously because its not a natural act, and everybody reacts differently to them.

Originally Posted by tommyb`028 View Post
    I'm a year off of acl and micro-fracture surgery. A had a ton of bone shaving done so I was on crutches for over 2 months. The best piece of advice I can give to you guys is to take your physical therapy just as serious, if not more so then your bodybuilding routine. You will fully regret not taking it seriously, because it will effect you for the rest of your life. Most importantly, listen to your doctor. Even if you feel like you can go out and run a mile, if he tells you not to then dont do it. This is the rest of your life.. any surgery needs to be taken very seriously because its not a natural act, and everybody reacts differently to them.

I unfortunately don't think doc ever wants me running again. But I have every intention of taking advantage of my PT. I can't wait to start! That is the closest thing to the gym I will have for a while. As far as upper body is concerned, I am crutching around for tricepts... lol, but I will hang out on the bowflex until I can get back into the gym.

I unfortunately don't think doc ever wants me running again. But I have every intention of taking advantage of my PT. I can't wait to start! That is the closest thing to the gym I will have for a while. As far as upper body is concerned, I am crutching around for tricepts... lol, but I will hang out on the bowflex until I can get back into the gym.
    don't rush it, i think once you are off the crutches the doc will let you lift with "pinky"

I think I will ask doc about that soon. I can't stand just sitting here! How did your workouts go today?

good, no PT today as it was rescheduled. I did shoulders.

Originally Posted by chexmix78 View Post
    good, no PT today as it was rescheduled. I did shoulders.
    You look like you have great muscle structure in your legs... did you work them up quite a bit pre-op? or have you since been able to build them some?

You look like you have great muscle structure in your legs... did you work them up quite a bit pre-op? or have you since been able to build them some?
    I waited a month to have the surgery, the doctor did make me do pre-op physical therapy. In that month i lost A LOT of muscle. my left leg was significantly smaller than my right. i have gained some back, through physical therapy. not 100% yet though.

one of my physical therapists seems to think that athletes/bodybuilders shouldn't wait so long for surgery, she said that waiting for surgery and pre-op physical therapy is for someone more sedentary,

she said that if i would have had surgery right away, i would not have lost as much muscle and rehab would have been faster.

who knows?

you are probably right. I had to wait almost three months for mine because I needed to wait for the right donor to come along. But I was still lifting pretty heavy, even the day before because of Pinkie. But I think that Pinkie has also helped reshape my muscles in a way I don't particularly care for. I am hoping that doesn't stay after I don't need the brace any longer...

update! looks like my chest needs work!