Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by eatsleephate View Post
    That place looks infested with coyotes, snakes and Klansmen.
    Nah, just rattlers, prairie dogs and sheepherders.

Oh and the Basques. Loads of them.
    "negs suck, dont they? now STFU, save your breath for your blow up doll and go back in your moms basement and watch TUF, snot nosed little boy. oh, and next time ask permission to say anything to me."

-Gomi

iedereen wil een stukje eatsleephate's Avatar
    eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't know what a Basque is. But, I'm assuming they're entitled to more than 1 wife, are white as the driven snow and make their children dress like they're starring in "Little House on the Prairie".
    MMMC

"If you think, you're late. If you're late, you muscle. If you muscle, you get tired. If you're tired, you die." Saulo Ribeiro

Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000) Croaker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by eatsleephate View Post
    I don't know what a Basque is. But, I'm assuming they're entitled to more than 1 wife, are white as the driven snow and make their children dress like they're starring in "Little House on the Prairie".

They're an odd people, but Basque rodeos rock.

This is our ranch inWyoming, not Utah. So more cowboys, less mormons. Its a nice trade off.
    "negs suck, dont they? now STFU, save your breath for your blow up doll and go back in your moms basement and watch TUF, snot nosed little boy. oh, and next time ask permission to say anything to me."

-Gomi

So last night I grappled at Horn's Elite Performance Gym.

www.eliteperformancegym.com

I was impressed at the customer service provided by Jen (gym manager/Horn's wife) and was given a personal run through of the gym by their pro fighter and then I met Horn and we discussed stuff for awhile. I've always been a fan of Horn's, he is just the nicest guy around.

I then went to what was supposed to be the advanced grappling class. But apparently the advanced and beginner's class was combined that night. We went over a bunch of Kimura sweeps and how to break their grip. Then free rolling came around and I laid down a path of destruction on everyone my weight. I progressively went up in weight and then started getting caught by anacondas or one guillotine. But, these were all from bottom of sprawl control and I lost the advantage due to their weight on me. I totally out techniqued them and dominated till getting caught.

I'm going in again this morning.

-Gomi

Today was more rolling Horn's. We went over Arm-bar from guard and how to transition to different arms.

Horn taught the class, there were only four of us. So I basically got private training with one of the best trainers in the world.

I then rolled with some of the fighters, and stalemated. They all had size and strength on me, but my bottom game kept me from getting subbed.

-Gomi

Today was grappling.

Well, it was MMA.

We did downed guard for an hour and a half. And ****. It sucked.

I was with a 185er pro who cuts from the low 200's and has TKO'ed two BJJ blackbelts from GnP in fights. So I spent all the time just being ****ed up (we were wearing 16 oz gloves). While I was doing the GnP, there was no GnP. I heel hooked him a couple times, but for the most part I just got TKO'ed over and over and over.

Then we rolled just grappling and I got a little revenge because we'd just stale mate. But still, tonight was painful. Not a fan of the getting punched in the face stuff.

-Gomi

Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i never even knew there was such thing as no gi boxing. why would you wear a gi when you box in the first place? only no gi martial art ive heard of is no gi jj.

Originally Posted by Delta1 View Post
    i never even knew there was such thing as no gi boxing. why would you wear a gi when you box in the first place? only no gi martial art ive heard of is no gi jj.

(serious?)

-Gomi

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    So last night I grappled at Horn's Elite Performance Gym.

www.eliteperformancegym.com

I was impressed at the customer service provided by Jen (gym manager/Horn's wife) and was given a personal run through of the gym by their pro fighter and then I met Horn and we discussed stuff for awhile. I've always been a fan of Horn's, he is just the nicest guy around.

I then went to what was supposed to be the advanced grappling class. But apparently the advanced and beginner's class was combined that night. We went over a bunch of Kimura sweeps and how to break their grip. Then free rolling came around and I laid down a path of destruction on everyone my weight. I progressively went up in weight and then started getting caught by anacondas or one guillotine. But, these were all from bottom of sprawl control and I lost the advantage due to their weight on me. I totally out techniqued them and dominated till getting caught.

I'm going in again this morning.
    GJDM...I love anacondas

Today was more rolling Horn's. We went over Arm-bar from guard and how to transition to different arms.

Horn taught the class, there were only four of us. So I basically got private training with one of the best trainers in the world.

I then rolled with some of the fighters, and stalemated. They all had size and strength on me, but my bottom game kept me from getting subbed.
    NICE!

Today was grappling.

Well, it was MMA.

We did downed guard for an hour and a half. And ****. It sucked.

I was with a 185er pro who cuts from the low 200's and has TKO'ed two BJJ blackbelts from GnP in fights. So I spent all the time just being ****ed up (we were wearing 16 oz gloves). While I was doing the GnP, there was no GnP. I heel hooked him a couple times, but for the most part I just got TKO'ed over and over and over.

Then we rolled just grappling and I got a little revenge because we'd just stale mate. But still, tonight was painful. Not a fan of the getting punched in the face stuff.
    I hate gettin punched too

Originally Posted by BPP View Post
    GJDM...I love anacondas
    NICE!
    I hate gettin punched too
    All this stalemating worries me though, because I just signed up for a no time-limit grappling tournament. So my matches are going to last forever, that's going to suck.

And I hate Anacondas, because people can hit them on me constantly.

-Gomi

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    All this stalemating worries me though, because I just signed up for a no time-limit grappling tournament. So my matches are going to last forever, that's going to suck.

And I hate Anacondas, because people can hit them on me constantly.
    eh, better than getting beat on points

learn to defend brah...brb flying out to work with you

I LOVE using them. watch couture-van arsdale...couture repeatedly went for it and was denied until 3rd round when VA got tired

eh, better than getting beat on points

learn to defend brah...brb flying out to work with you

I LOVE using them. watch couture-van arsdale...couture repeatedly went for it and was denied until 3rd round when VA got tired
    I really need to work on the short drag and sit-out from bottom of sprawl, because when I'm on bottom people can do what they want to me.

Do you have long arms or just good technique?

-Gomi

I really need to work on the short drag and sit-out from bottom of sprawl, because when I'm on bottom people can do what they want to me.

Do you have long arms or just good technique?
    my arms are above average, but not long.... I just always thought it looked cool..and none of the instructors at my old school really knew it...so I self-taught via youtube and lots of "come here I wanna try something" partners....new sschool i worked with an instructor abit

ive just put alot of time and practice into it and enjoy doing it...so mostly technique and suprise, since its not common at least around here

my arms are above average, but not long.... I just always thought it looked cool..and none of the instructors at my old school really knew it...so I self-taught via youtube and lots of "come here I wanna try something" partners....new sschool i worked with an instructor abit

ive just put alot of time and practice into it and enjoy doing it...so mostly technique and suprise, since its not common at least around here
    Yeah I can hit reverse d'arces but not anacondas. I think I just need more drilling, they're a good thing to do.

-Gomi

Yeah I can hit reverse d'arces but not anacondas. I think I just need more drilling, they're a good thing to do.
    I haven't learned the differences between all those similar moves...I just use the general term anaconda...although I almost always get it the same way which is the true anaconda

So yesterday was my first day training at the place I'll eventually be working: Absolute MMA.

And I hit the wall. I hadn't put it together before, but the night and day before I had insomnia even though I was extremely tired and I was depressed without reason. When I went to roll, I gassed in about five minutes and all my training and technique went out the window. I went from a blue belt equivalent to being asked if I have ever trained before... FFFFFUUUUUU.

I got nausea, followed by severe bruising and I couldn't sleep last night even though I was so tired I couldn't move. I have pretty much textbook overtraining symptoms, so I'm going to take the next two days easy because I have a tournament a week from today and I want to get back into shape for it.

-Gomi

Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So yesterday was my first day training at the place I'll eventually be working: Absolute MMA.

And I hit the wall. I hadn't put it together before, but the night and day before I had insomnia even though I was extremely tired and I was depressed without reason. When I went to roll, I gassed in about five minutes and all my training and technique went out the window. I went from a blue belt equivalent to being asked if I have ever trained before... FFFFFUUUUUU.

I got nausea, followed by severe bruising and I couldn't sleep last night even though I was so tired I couldn't move. I have pretty much textbook overtraining symptoms, so I'm going to take the next two days easy because I have a tournament a week from today and I want to get back into shape for it.

It seems like everyone around here's overtraining cycles have lined up. ESH had that earlier in the week and I have been feeling it as well. It is like women's periods syncing up, but way manlier.

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    It seems like everyone around here's overtraining cycles have lined up. ESH had that earlier in the week and I have been feeling it as well. It is like women's periods syncing up, but way manlier.
    Heh, I had it coming to me, trying to traing grappling with fight teams everyday of the week. My cardio and recovery ability wasn't plain high enough I think. I'll sleep for like sixteen hours tonight and eat lots of junk food.

-Gomi

Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Heh, I had it coming to me, trying to traing grappling with fight teams everyday of the week. My cardio and recovery ability wasn't plain high enough I think. I'll sleep for like sixteen hours tonight and eat lots of junk food.
    That usually works for me.

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    That usually works for me.
    Yeah, its a bold plan. Plus I've got a free coupon for arby's.

Ugh, not looking forward to rolling in two hours. Going to go nap.

-Gomi

Rolled a little, not much. I had my instructor show me a counter to getting can opener'ed then worked on butterfly passes.

Then my arm started hurting like hell, so I stopped. I've got a stinger in my shoulder and it sucks. God, last time I grapple more than three times a week. (I grappled 6/6 days)

-Gomi

Today I was back to boxing.

Sparred four rounds, hit the heavy bag four rounds and ran for twenty minutes.

I'm taking it easy because I have the tournament this saturday, so I didn't skip rope. :P

-Gomi

So I lost my first tournament, first round. I pulled half guard, got a super deep whip up to a single, then got stuck in sprawl control. In sprawl control the guy I was against transitioned from a D'arce to an anaconda, to a front naked. Almost escaped, but didn't sadly.

I have some crazy blurry photos, uploading as we speak.

Begin a cut, I want to compete at 140 at GQ, my bodyfat is like 17% right now, so if I can get it down to 10-11% I would be golden.

And now I am going to train twice as hard because I am pissed I ****ing lost.

-Gomi

I'm on bottom in the camo..

And, later that night.

-Gomi

Tonight I did BJJ, and I sprawled a lot. I worked solely on TDD and hopefully it will go well.

Sorry it's so bland. I start boxing again tomorrow so I will spice things up in here. Also, I have had a head cold that is slowly killing me.

-Gomi