robespierre is on a distinguished road. (+10) robespierre is on a distinguished road. (+10) robespierre is on a distinguished road. (+10) robespierre is on a distinguished road. (+10) robespierre is on a distinguished road. (+10) robespierre is on a distinguished road. (+10) robespierre is on a distinguished road. (+10) robespierre is on a distinguished road. (+10) robespierre is on a distinguished road. (+10) robespierre is on a distinguished road. (+10) robespierre is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Food after workout

Hello.
    I couldnt find this from nowhere so i decided to make a topic.
    So my question is: if my goal is to burn fat then what should i eat after workout?
    a)whey
    b)whey with dextrose
    c)a meal at home (bread, tuna)

My workout contains 90 minutes gym and 30 minutes cardio.

badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100)
    I find what works well with recovery and aswell as keeping you metabolism up is a shake with creatine and waxy maize (cornstarch)

iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    u look skinny. bulk it up
    squeeze your glutes and press

Mr.UK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by robespierre View Post
    Hello.
    I couldnt find this from nowhere so i decided to make a topic.
    So my question is: if my goal is to burn fat then what should i eat after workout?
    a)whey
    b)whey with dextrose
    c)a meal at home (bread, tuna)

My workout contains 90 minutes gym and 30 minutes cardio.
    First thing I would do is have a little fruit to build your glycogen levels back up as they will be empty with all your CV and lifting.

If your burning fat as a main goal then I would suggest you try and eat some protein, like egg whites, chicken, turkey, fish, steaks that sort of thing. Protein takes a while to enter the bloodstream so your fruit will help tide you over. If your looking to use Whey then just be aware and check for carb content, its fine for bulking but I wouldnt use it for losing fat. Bread for me, especially white is a no no, its full of crap, brown bread like whole grain is fine-ish as its high in fibre and will keep your gut moving. I wouldnt eat the bread late at night though.

100% Badger Milk SOUPtheEXTREME's Avatar
    SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SOUPtheEXTREME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    a) Whey for sure, tested and true, the sooner the better. (after a weightlifting workout that is)

b) Whey and dextrose/glucose/etc your decision. Lots of research on the topic.
    I.E. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...&postcount=133

c) Most recommend a normal meal 45+ minutes after a workout. Don't have a strong opinion of this one either.

Hope that helps some, this is covered in roughly 1,000,000 different threads.

"I couldnt find this from nowhere"

[ For future reference, http://forum.bodybuilding.com/search.php , select 'Sort Results by' - "Number of Replies" and under 'Key Word(s)' select "Search Titles Only". You will find the most popular threads regarding almost anything your mind can think up about bodybuilding. ]
    Last edited by SoUptheEXTREME; 02-05-2009 at 07:40 PM.