WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I have had an awful diet for a few years, but not packing on the lbs. Need advice!

I currently weigh 253lbs. I've been between 250-280 for the past 5 years and im 23 years old. I am a stocker at a costco so I do a LOT of walking every day. I want to lose all my fat and become more healthy but I drastically changed my diet and I'm wondering if thats bad? I normally have soda, fastfood, some home made meals but everything from chips to fried chicken and caseroles etc. I do get vegetables from time to time but I used to eat out a lot. Even with eating out so much and eating unhealthy my weight doesn't go up because I stay busy at work.

I've changed my diet to a more healthier one. I eat whole foods MUCH more frequently. I almost never drink soda, and I usually have one, sometimes 2 cheat days where i'll eat out. I also go to the gym every other day now and do Rippetoes Starting Strength program with barbell lifting. I started this two weeks ago but I feel fairly week days after these workouts. Am I starving my body? I'm wondering if I should be eating a lot like i normally did and just work out as normal and the calories I burn from working out will be my weight loss?

I Really don't want to get into that starvation mode where my body refuses to let go of any fat.

Thanks for any tips and advice!

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WeikiWeiki View Post
    I currently weigh 253lbs. I've been between 250-280 for the past 5 years and im 23 years old. I am a stocker at a costco so I do a LOT of walking every day. I want to lose all my fat and become more healthy but I drastically changed my diet and I'm wondering if thats bad? I normally have soda, fastfood, some home made meals but everything from chips to fried chicken and caseroles etc. I do get vegetables from time to time but I used to eat out a lot. Even with eating out so much and eating unhealthy my weight doesn't go up because I stay busy at work.

I've changed my diet to a more healthier one. I eat whole foods MUCH more frequently. I almost never drink soda, and I usually have one, sometimes 2 cheat days where i'll eat out. I also go to the gym every other day now and do Rippetoes Starting Strength program with barbell lifting. I started this two weeks ago but I feel fairly week days after these workouts. Am I starving my body? I'm wondering if I should be eating a lot like i normally did and just work out as normal and the calories I burn from working out will be my weight loss?

I Really don't want to get into that starvation mode where my body refuses to let go of any fat.

Thanks for any tips and advice!
    I think at your weight, you should probably focus on getting rid of the fat first. The only way to do this is to reduce calories or increase activity until a certain rate of weight loss is maintained.