Edge20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink how to make biceps grow?

hi everyone,
    im 20 years old, 183cm/84kilos, i,ve started bodybuilding before two years. at first i used to train all muscles three times a week, later i used to go four times week, doing biceps and chest two times a week, other muscles once. later to present i`m going three times a week training muscles once a week. during all the time i haven`t gained any cm to my arms. i was using supplements and eating a lot. i tried a weight gainer but seems it put weight only on my legs. Here is my workout:
    Monday-Chest 4X 4X8 Biceps 3X 3X8(Wide grip, close grip, dumbbell)
    Wednesday- Triceps 4X 4x8 Legs 4X 4X8
    Friday- Back 4X 4X8 Shoulders 4X 4X8
    so what do you think? is my workout good or should i change something? thanks for your anwers

Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You need to add weight (muscle), so at your stage I think training a muscle only once a week is not enough. You need to train each muscle at least twice a week, but concentrate on only one exercise per body part on each day. Put all of your focus and energy into getting stronger on a few basic exercises. Something like:

Monday
    Squats
    Incline Press
    Bent Over Row
    Wide-grip Upright Row

Wednesday
    Overhead Squats
    Pull-ups
    Cross-bench DB Pullovers
    Seated DB Lateral Raise

Friday
    Front Squats
    Dips
    Overhead Press
    Power Cleans/Power Shrugs

Concentrate on only these exercises and getting as strong as humanly possible on the exercises. Eat like a horse, sleep as much as possible, lay off the vodka and cognac, but beer and wine are okay in moderation (kvas is better). Eat, eat, eat ...salyanka with as much meat as possible.

But above all focus your mind and energy on just getting stronger on the basic exercises - for the next few years that will be all that matters in your bodybuilding. Your arms will grow from the heavy back work, power cleans/power shrugs, dips and presses, as your body grows. More specific, "direct" arm work than that is not necessary on the above routine.
    Last edited by Casey Butt; 02-04-2009 at 01:22 PM.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you are gaining muscle on your other BPs, but not arms, then it is either an issue of exercise selection, overall volume, form, or some combination of the above.
    Who was this love of yours?

Phill456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phill456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phill456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phill456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phill456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phill456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phill456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phill456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phill456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phill456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phill456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with the above poster. Concentrate on the BIG exercises not not the fluff, Build a big Base I gauranetee if you add 20 lbs of bodyweight by EATING and concentrating on getting stronger at the big basic moves, (squat, DL, powerclean, Chins, Pull ups, Overhead press, bench pres and their variations) your arms will have no choice but to grow. Sure maybe throw in acrul or tricep work once or twice if you want but AFTER the real work.
    Phil Stevens
    President Strength Guild
    www.strengthguild.com
    http://www.strengthguild.com
    http://strengthguild.com/blog/category/podcasts/lifters-corner/

Free Live Interactive Nutrition and Training Webcast every Friday at 2PS EST
    www.ironradio.org

Follow me on ********= http://tiny.cc/9aC0M

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Smart BBers design programs that include basic exercises (basic includes direct arm work) from the start.

It isn't an either or decision.

Why is this so hard for people to fathom?

Yes, your arms will get bigger as the body does, but they will be in the SAME proportions as they are now. He is saying he is not happy with his current proportions. Better to start work on it now than to let it perpetuate itself, making it harder to correct as the disparity grows.

As a torso dominant person, I would have been at a much greater disadvantage had I taken the above advice. Sure glad I didn't.

Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    He's 6"1" and 182 pounds. Smart bodybuilders understand that he needs to focus on gaining overall body weight and muscle.

Originally Posted by Casey Butt View Post
    He's 6"1" and 182 pounds. Smart bodybuilders understand that he needs to focus on gaining overall body weight and muscle.
    As I said, it isn't an either/or decision.

He can and should be doing both. A few sets of arm work is easy to include in any basic routine.

His problem is obviously not one of arm isolation ...unless in two years he couldn't learn how to do a few triceps/biceps exercises properly. His arm program is not working.

However, at 6'1" he still doesn't weigh more than an average person of that height and body fat percentage. Since he has failed to make acceptable progress in either overall body size or arm size then his problem is of a general nature, and his arm-work laden routine isn't working ...hence the program I outlined.

Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shawshank3741 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I agree with the above posters outline.

You need to make sure you are working out your entire body as well, squats and deadlifts are a must. Also it wouldnt hurt to up your calorie intake.
    ~Tim~

Bodyspace = http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Shawshank3741/