Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Whts goin on in dis thrad kr0nic's Avatar
    Stats: 6'0", 143 lbs
    kr0nic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kr0nic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kr0nic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kr0nic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kr0nic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kr0nic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kr0nic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kr0nic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kr0nic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kr0nic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kr0nic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit kr0nic's BodySpace

Tattooing over pimples (weird question i know)

Hey Miscers i know this is a weird question

BUT

Im getting a half sleeve started on friday and i have a few small pimples on my upper arm / shoulder. Will these affect the tattoo much ? Or is it just not worth even worrying about ?
    Aus Crew - BRAH

Member of the Skeleton Crew

Anubis18 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Anubis18 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Anubis18 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Anubis18 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Anubis18 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Anubis18 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Anubis18 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Anubis18 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Anubis18 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Anubis18 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Anubis18 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Anubis18's BodySpace
    google is yer friend

Hi INKEDblog,

I'm wondering what the pros have to say about tattoos and pimples/zits/acne. First, whether it's ok to ink skin with pimples present, and second if an outbreak after the inking could screw things up.

Thanks
    Djensen

So to find out the answer to Djensen's question we reached out to our resident expert, Jessica Lund. Here's what she had to say:

"It?s actually a pretty complex issue with experts disagreeing left and right. The short answer to your question is that most people advise against getting a tattoo over current acne. This is because acne is a small infection under your skin, and it is important to avoid any infection in conjunction with a tattoo. The acne might make you more sensitive or reactive to tattoo ink, leaving scar tissue that will compromise your tattoo.

Many people also suggest avoiding areas where you often have acne for the same reason. If you are to break out during the healing process, again, you are at risk for an infection. In general, a pimple that appears after while the tattoo is healing will not cause damage, particularly if it is left alone and not picked.

Some people with scarring from severe acne want a tattoo in particular on acne-prone areas in order to downplay scars and pits. This is where it becomes a bit more complicated. While the rate of infection doesn?t seem to be affected by areas that used to be subject to acne, experts disagree about tattoo-ability of scarred skin.

Some dermatologists say that it is impossible to tattoo successfully over scarred skin, but others disagree. The best thing to do in this case is to talk to both your doctor and a trusted tattoo artist who has had experience with this issue.

On a similar subject, if you get a rash of pimples after you are tattooed, it generally means one of two things: you are experiencing a reaction to the ink, or more commonly, you are applying too much ointment to the tattoo.

In both cases, the best thing to do is to wash the tattoo with mild soap then pat dry. Be careful not to rub the tattoo. Apply a very thin layer of ointment for the first three days, several times per day. After that, use a non-scented lotion but do not overdue, as you will be again in risk of a break out.

If the tattoo is infected versus simply reactive, see your doctor."

Stats: 5'5", 125 lbs
    canakat is a complete loser! (-2000) canakat is a complete loser! (-2000) canakat is a complete loser! (-2000) canakat is a complete loser! (-2000) canakat is a complete loser! (-2000) canakat is a complete loser! (-2000) canakat is a complete loser! (-2000) canakat is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit canakat's BodySpace

Wink

Originally Posted by kr0nic View Post
    Hey Miscers i know this is a weird question

BUT

Im getting a half sleeve started on friday and i have a few small pimples on my upper arm / shoulder. Will these affect the tattoo much ? Or is it just not worth even worrying about ?

I got my half sleeve's outline started in March and color added in April. I had a couple little pimples too and he just colored over them....everything's A-OK now and the tat looks great. You can't even tell there were pimples there. Plus, if the ink doesn't take well, the artist can always do a touch-up!

Good luck with the ink

BodyPoints: 41627
    Pain Inflicter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pain Inflicter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pain Inflicter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pain Inflicter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pain Inflicter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pain Inflicter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pain Inflicter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pain Inflicter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pain Inflicter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pain Inflicter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Pain Inflicter has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Pain Inflicter's BodySpace
    the ink goes below the skin, and acne, if it isnt serious, it usually above the skin. Unless youre inking over some monster zits, I wouldnt worry about it.

jeffedge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeffedge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeffedge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeffedge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeffedge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeffedge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeffedge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeffedge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeffedge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeffedge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeffedge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit jeffedge's BodySpace
    They'll turn away people with too much acne. Like people who want back tattoos who have a load of acne on their back won't be able to get it done at legit shops. Then they get pissed, go to another low level shop who will, get terrible work, and have to deal with more pain of going over a sore and usually the ink doesnt stay through bigger pimples so they have to get touch ups. Just pop them and wait or move the tattoo.