Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Controlled Labs Blue Gene Review

This review is after a 30 day sponsored log that I ran of Blue Gene.

Thanks a lot to Controlled Labs for letting me run their product. You can check the log out @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113084911

Controlled Labs Blue Gene Review!

I ran Blue Gene for 30 days without changing my diet, water intake, macronutrient ratios, sleep intake or workout style. The only difference in my program was the addition of Blue Gene. Lets take a look at my progress over the past 30 days:

Big 3 Lifts - Progression over 30 Days of Supplementation
    Bench Press
    - 1st Workout: 4x225
    - last workout: 3x265
    - +40lbs
    Squat
    - 1st Workout: 365x5
    - last workout: 5x375
    - +10lbs
    Deadlift
    - 1st Workout: 5x245
    - last workout: 1x315
    - +70lbs

Possible Confounding Variables
    1. I had to change up the days in which I hit each body part due to a new job and thus new schedule.
    2. I started training arms twice a week about halfway in
    3. I switched from a double overhand deadlift to an overhand/underhand
    4. My first squat # was 365x5, but the next week I could only get 345 for 1 full rep, thus one may wonder if my initial squat of 365x5 should count as a real starting point.
    Are these confounding variables enough to alter the correlation between Blue Gene supplementation and progress? I do not think so. We may look at the bench press for an example. There were no confounding variables regarding that lift and I added 40lbs in 30 days while maintaining the 3-4 rep range. I would gauge a 3-4 rep set from 225 - 265 in 30 days above average progression. Furthermore, I did switch grips on my deadlift but a 70lbs increase in 30 days on my deadlift is still above average progression. Squat has always been my highest lift, but I was still able to add 10-30lbs (depending on how you gauge my starting point) staying in the same rep range and nearing 405. In my opinion, despite confounding variables, the data simply shows above average progression over the past 30 days.

Body Composition Progression
    Starting Point: 187 @ ~13 percent bf
    Today: 190.5 - 191 @ ~11 percent bf
    Gain in 3.5-4lbs and a loss of about 2 percent body fat. Realistically, I would average about a 2.5-3.0lbs gain overall (subtracting 1lb for the possible confounding variable of water weight caused by fluctuating water intake/time of weigh-in.)

Positive Effects
    - "Mind-Muscle connection"
    - "Alpha mentality"/increased drive and motivation in the gym
    - increased pumps and vascularity both in and out of the gym
    - re-compositioning effects
    - big strength gains

Negative Effects
    - Increased Acne

Overall
    So, lets look at the data. I made big strength gains, added some solid weight and lost a bit of bodyfat at the same time. People have started to tell me in the last week and a half that I am looking bigger than usual. The only negative side effect I experienced at all was an increase in acne. This product was definitely worth it. I WILL be using Blue Gene again and I would definitely recommend it.

Overall Rating: 9.9/10
    "The last three or four reps is what makes the muscles grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens"
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hell yeah now thats some sick progress right there
    GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered User CONTROLLED LABS's Avatar
    CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    awesome, blue gene is the most underrated product on the market imo

thanks for helping to spread the word
    Specials & insider info
    https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/clabs.htm

FREE CL stuff for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6654831

ABTsportsline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the review

i'm wondering about that deadlift though.... you did 5 reps at a lower weight, then 1 rep at a higher weight. that doesn't really tell me anything. your 1RM could have been higher when you started, but you wouldn't know since you did 5 reps. i would have liked to have seen how much weight you could do 5 reps of after you've been taking BG to get a better idea/comparison.

also you had so many variables in your workout regimen - you changed how often you work out, you changed grips on the deadlift (which is HUGE, btw)..... not saying the stuff doesn't work, i'm just saying it isn't exactly as controlled of an experiment as you could have made it.

i still plan on trying BG at some point though. just adding my two cents on your evaluation.

gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaaaaabe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ABTsportsline View Post
    thanks for the review

i'm wondering about that deadlift though.... you did 5 reps at a lower weight, then 1 rep at a higher weight. that doesn't really tell me anything. your 1RM could have been higher when you started, but you wouldn't know since you did 5 reps. i would have liked to have seen how much weight you could do 5 reps of after you've been taking BG to get a better idea/comparison.

also you had so many variables in your workout regimen - you changed how often you work out, you changed grips on the deadlift (which is HUGE, btw)..... not saying the stuff doesn't work, i'm just saying it isn't exactly as controlled of an experiment as you could have made it.

i still plan on trying BG at some point though. just adding my two cents on your evaluation.
    you definitely raise some good points. let me do my best to address them. I deadlifted 5x245 on my first back day. On my last back day, I deadlifted 4x275, 2x295, 1x305 and 1x315. I think its safe to assume that the 30lb difference between 245 and 275 is not solely correlated to a 1 rep difference. Furthermore, the change of grips is a BIG confounding variable to this equation, I must agree. Not a whole lot can be said beyond that. Personally, I do not think I could have broken 300 even with a mixed grip on the first day I deadlifted but in terms of records and data analysis, the variability of the grip is a big issue.

As for my actual workout program, I did not change how often I worked out. I stayed on a 5 days on/2 days off split (although halfway thru the log I thought Id have to change the amount of rest days, but ended up not). The only things that changed are the order in which I work out body parts. Personally, i do not believe that changing the daily order of working out body parts is going to cause a - using bench press as an example - 40lb jump, but I must admit that it can be very beneficial to change up a routine to break through a plateau.

Thanks for the input and analysis!
    "The last three or four reps is what makes the muscles grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens"
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

mada071 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mada071 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mada071 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mada071 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mada071 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mada071 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mada071 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mada071 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mada071 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mada071 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mada071 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CONTROLLED LABS View Post
    awesome, blue gene is the most underrated product on the market imo

thanks for helping to spread the word
    we need that crazy sale again man, i'm out of debt but not enough money to get the expensive blue gene T_T
    Train hard, diet harder.

Rep back 100+

sandaddiction will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandaddiction will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandaddiction will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandaddiction will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandaddiction will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandaddiction will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandaddiction will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandaddiction will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandaddiction will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandaddiction will become famous soon enough. (+50) sandaddiction will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is it worth taking blue gene for just a month or two?

Originally Posted by sandaddiction View Post
    i only ran it for 1 month (30 days). The recommended time-frame to take it is 1-2 months. so yes, i would say that it is worth it.
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Great review and results, but I think your Dead Lift "gains" are fudged.

Originally Posted by Beast21 View Post
    Great review and results, but I think your Dead Lift "gains" are fudged.
    thank you, im glad you liked the review.

as for the deadlift issue, i addressed the variability of the numbers earlier - all one can do is see the data for what it, take confounding variables into account and draw conclusions.
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mada071 View Post
    we need that crazy sale again man, i'm out of debt but not enough money to get the expensive blue gene T_T
    some sites have it for 34 bucks and bb.com pricematches
    Originally Posted by sandaddiction View Post
    sure, 2 months on then 4 weeks off
    Specials & insider info

SMac2347 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SMac2347 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SMac2347 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SMac2347 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SMac2347 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SMac2347 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SMac2347 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SMac2347 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SMac2347 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SMac2347 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SMac2347 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great review, love the breakdown it's very well done, glad to see it worked so well for you.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard.

PreSurge Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112406781&highlight=SMac+PreSurge

Stunnin' w/ SAN V12 Magnum:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111369751

Making Crazy Gains with CRE-02:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110473341

Originally Posted by SMac2347 View Post
    Great review, love the breakdown it's very well done, glad to see it worked so well for you.
    yeah, Blue gene is finally getting some of the recognition it deserves
    Specials & insider info

amlosthere is on a distinguished road. (+10) amlosthere is on a distinguished road. (+10) amlosthere is on a distinguished road. (+10) amlosthere is on a distinguished road. (+10) amlosthere is on a distinguished road. (+10) amlosthere is on a distinguished road. (+10) amlosthere is on a distinguished road. (+10) amlosthere is on a distinguished road. (+10) amlosthere is on a distinguished road. (+10) amlosthere is on a distinguished road. (+10) amlosthere is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great review bro...definately piqued my interest. I may have to give it a month trial run.

Originally Posted by amlosthere View Post
    Great review bro...definately piqued my interest. I may have to give it a month trial run.
    you will love it, do keep a log or a review as many people dont know about this product, which is a shame
    Specials & insider info

BikerDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikerDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikerDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikerDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikerDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikerDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikerDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikerDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikerDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikerDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) BikerDave is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I've had great results with this as well

Although I think part of the reason the BlueGene doesn't get any hype/credit is probably the fault of how you are billing/marketing it. It's not marketed as a test booster (thats BlueUP), its not a pro-hormone obviously, its not Creatine, NO2 or fat burner. People just don't know how to categorize it so when shopping they don't know what to compare it to IMO. The first couple of months it was out I kind of ignored it for those reasons.
    Brawndo! The thirst mutilator...its got what plants crave!

LoWw will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoWw will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoWw will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoWw will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoWw will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoWw will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoWw will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoWw will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoWw will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoWw will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoWw will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BikerDave View Post
    Although I think part of the reason the BlueGene doesn't get any hype/credit is probably the fault of how you are billing/marketing it. It's not marketed as a test booster (thats BlueUP), its not a pro-hormone obviously, its not Creatine, NO2 or fat burner. People just don't know how to categorize it so when shopping they don't know what to compare it to IMO. The first couple of months it was out I kind of ignored it for those reasons.
    I have to agree with this post!!

I do think that is a big part of it, and we will hopefully have something out that will change that asap
    Specials & insider info

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It actually hasn't been marketed at all... hopefully that changes this year (although my inbox won't like it lol)
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by pu12en12g View Post
    It actually hasn't been marketed at all... hopefully that changes this year (although my inbox won't like it lol)
    I was so gald to add this to my stack a couple months ago. I'll never stop using it. Kicks major ass.

5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrAnaconda View Post
    I was so gald to add this to my stack a couple months ago. I'll never stop using it. Kicks major ass.
    Thanks for spreading the word, mang

thanks for helping to spread the word. its amazing how many people will take dangerous prohormones over a safe product like this
    Specials & insider info

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pu12en12g View Post
    No worries, we'll get you a bigger inbox.
    CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: Laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000) MrAnaconda is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I do think that is a big part of it, and we will hopefully have something out that will change that asap
    I think it should be marketed like this.

Blue Gene - Will make your Jeans tight as hell !!

cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

and may make your shirt seem tighter then before
    GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the crotch area?
    Specials & insider info

Straylightrun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can you stack this with USPlabs Jack3d??

in the crotch area?
    LOL. And people at the gym thought it was a tube sock. How wrong they were!

Originally Posted by Straylightrun View Post
    Can you stack this with USPlabs Jack3d??
    Yup you can.

5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

So many ways to read that

Team Molecular Nutrition Peter LeDrew's Avatar
    Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thanks for helping to spread the word. its amazing how many people will take dangerous prohormones over a safe product like this
    That is a good point. This is a great product and not going to cause liver or other issues at all... in fact, there are many reasons it will/should help improve health.