Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Islam- Religion of peace?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp3Eam5FX58&eurl

You can beat your wife, but not in the face, and do not make her bleed or bruise? But other than that, go to town on her. Ya... right.

QURAN 4:34 - "Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is high, supreme."
    Last edited by twbtwbtwbtwb; 02-02-2009 at 12:12 PM.

bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000)
    An Islam hate thread. negs
    "The best-laid schemes o mice an men Gang aft agley." Robert Burns

"You can believe in stones as long as you don't throw them at me." -

"Some say he can swim seven lengths under water and he has webbed buttocks. All we know is, he's called The Stig."

"Some say that his skin is the texture of a dolphin's and that he has his own satellites. All we know is, he's called The Stig."

twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twbtwbtwbtwb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bamatank View Post
    An Islam hate thread. negs
    hate? i believe it is the truth. is it not?

instead of negging me, why dont you state your position. or is their no other way to dice this?

Islam is not a religion of peace.

Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zeddicus_Zul will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by twbtwbtwbtwb View Post

instead of negging me, why dont you state your position. or is their no other way to dice this?

Try using the search function or refer to ask Islam thread, random unsourced interwebz and YouTube links don't mean much, you see.

Anabolism at its Finest MISTERDUDE's Avatar
    MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Zeddicus_Zul View Post
    Try using the search function or refer to ask Islam thread, random unsourced interwebz and YouTube links don't mean much, you see.

Agreed.

I would also like to add that many of our Muslim friends on this forum do the same thing, however. It is easy to see why so many people on this board would post this stuff if you read some of what those guys post.

ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz
    Brah, there was almost super-offensive in that video. While I believe resorting to violence is wrong, consider this passage from the Bṛhadāraṇyaka upanishad, a preeminent Hindu scripture:

Now, if one should see himself in water, he should recite over it the formula: 'In me be vigor, power, beauty, wealth, merit!'

This, verily, indeed, is loveliness among women: when she has removed the clothes of her impurity. Therefore when she has removed the clothes of her impurity and is beautiful, one should approach and invite her.

If she should not grant him his desire, he should bribe her. If she still does not grant him his desire, he should hit her with a stick or with his hand, and overcome her, saying: 'With power, with glory I take away your glory!' Thus she becomes inglorious.

If she should yield to him, he says: 'With power, with glory I give you glory!' Thus they two become glorious.

Basically says rape is A-OK, doesn't it? The past is the past, we evolve past it. Remember, beating in Islam is not mandated, but it is not expressly prohibited. There is no harm in prohibiting it now.
    When all that says 'it is good' has been debunked, what says 'I want' remains.

- CS Lewis

Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    gotta show em whos boss, no wonder we got femnazi movement.. lul
    * RedMeat Crew *

.:: Misc Cologne Crew ::.

.:Foot Fetish Club:.

@-@Someone in my fruit cellar Crew@-@

Originally Posted by Zeddicus_Zul View Post
    Originally Posted by MISTERDUDE View Post
    Agreed.

I would also like to add that many of our Muslim friends on this forum do the same thing, however. It is easy to see why so many people on this board would post this stuff if you read some of what those guys post.
    why dont you guys debate this instead of just saying 'use the search button'.

or is there no other way to dice this? until someone proves the otherwise, i will believe the later.
    Last edited by twbtwbtwbtwb; 02-02-2009 at 12:36 PM.

bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000) bamatank is just really nice. (+1000)
    "The best-laid schemes o mice an men Gang aft agley." Robert Burns

"You can believe in stones as long as you don't throw them at me." -

"Some say he can swim seven lengths under water and he has webbed buttocks. All we know is, he's called The Stig."

"Some say that his skin is the texture of a dolphin's and that he has his own satellites. All we know is, he's called The Stig."

Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irezumi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp3Eam5FX58&eurl

You can beat your wife, but not in the face, and do not make her bleed or bruise? But other than that, go to town on her. Ya... right.

QURAN 4:34 - "Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is high, supreme."
    There is a sticky on Islam where you can go and do your flame baiting. No need to make a new thread about it.
    LE6920CA Magpul
    DDM4 V7
    Glock 19 Gen 3

Electronic Music Producer theredshirt's Avatar
    theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In another thread I used this passage as evidence to why muslim nations having a lower domestic violence percentage is misleading. If we followed this muslim rule on beating our women, we would get a domestic abuse citation;plain and simple.
    to listen to some of my compositions for free go here
    [url]www.mp3unsigned.com/theredshirt.asp[/url]

faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow a Islamophobic thread.Never seen one before.

accidentally the whole fl tenthirtytwo's Avatar
    tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by faisji View Post
    Wow a Islamophobic thread.Never seen one before.
    How is a video directly from a Muslim cleric "islamophobic"?
    As the last legion makes it's way to the skies, I can see in their eyes
    They've already died inside, but as for the outside, I'll take their ****ing heads!
    I will never be what they want me to
    I live by my own path in life, no turning back now
    I won't be held down, forced into a shallow grave built upon their empty ways
    There's no turning back
    Kirisute Gomen - Trivium

Electronic Music Producer theredshirt's Avatar
    theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tenthirtytwo View Post
    this
    to listen to some of my compositions for free go here
    [url]www.mp3unsigned.com/theredshirt.asp[/url]

LaBamba is just really nice. (+1000) LaBamba is just really nice. (+1000) LaBamba is just really nice. (+1000) LaBamba is just really nice. (+1000) LaBamba is just really nice. (+1000) LaBamba is just really nice. (+1000) LaBamba is just really nice. (+1000) LaBamba is just really nice. (+1000) LaBamba is just really nice. (+1000) LaBamba is just really nice. (+1000) LaBamba is just really nice. (+1000)

Just reminded me of this :s

not jew related, more of an idea
    Last edited by LaBamba; 02-02-2009 at 12:53 PM.
    Hi.

faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faisji is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by theredshirt View Post
    this

well the thread was not made by that cleric was it.

tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000) tenthirtytwo is just really nice. (+1000)
    well the thread was not made by that cleric was it.
    So if the cleric came in here and typed out what he said, it would not be "islamophobic", but if someone links a video of him saying those things it is?

Just wanting some clarification.
    They've already died inside, but as for the outside, I'll take their ****ing heads!
    There's no turning back
    Kirisute Gomen - Trivium

So if the cleric came in here and typed out what he said, it would not be "islamophobic", but if someone links a video of him saying those things it is?

Just wanting some clarification.
    You doing great.

Did OP want a discussion or to flame bait?

You doing great.

Did OP want a discussion or to flame bait?
    I guess that is irrelevant since you have offered no discussion. Are the cleric's statements wrong?
    There's no turning back
    Kirisute Gomen - Trivium

Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Since when was said cleric the voice of Muslims and Islam. Ive said many times before, a random dude of YouTube does not speak for the Global Muslim population. Is that too hard to understand ? And you have conveniently disregarded everthing Islam say's about being kind to your wife etc. and picked a quote out of context which is not the correct Islamic position on the matter.
    Usually when people are sad they don't do anything, they just cry over their condition. But when people get angry, they bring about a change. Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Originally Posted by Usman_08 View Post
    Since when was said cleric the voice of Muslims and Islam. Ive said many times before, a random dude of YouTube does not speak for the Global Muslim population. Is that too hard to understand ? And you have conveniently disregarded everthing Islam say's about being kind to your wife etc. and picked a quote out of context which is not the correct Islamic position on the matter.
    Ok, so you would say that the cleric is wrong?
    There's no turning back
    Kirisute Gomen - Trivium

Anabolism at its Finest MISTERDUDE's Avatar
    MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000) MISTERDUDE is just really nice. (+1000)

Very good point. What do we know about this guy in the video anyway? Who knows if this guy even is a "cleric?" We know so little about this one guy that there is no reason he should be considered a source for what anyone believes - even himself. I can post crap on the internet that isn't true (as well I have); a random youtube video =/= a good source by itself.

Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Usman_08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ok, so you would say that the cleric is wrong?
    Yeah. Islam say's you follow the law of the land which you live in, ALWAYS. Unless it prevents you from practicing your faith. Hitting your wife is not a required practice in Islam so if you live in a country where it is not allowed, you are not Islamically permitted to do so.
    Usually when people are sad they don't do anything, they just cry over their condition. But when people get angry, they bring about a change. Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    gotta keep the pimp hand strong

Originally Posted by MISTERDUDE View Post
    Very good point. What do we know about this guy in the video anyway? Who knows if this guy even is a "cleric?" We know so little about this one guy that there is no reason he should be considered a source for what anyone believes - even himself. I can post crap on the internet that isn't true (as well I have); a random youtube video =/= a good source by itself.
    Exactly, i have said this many times but some people seem intent to demonising Islam at all costs. I actually know a Jewish boy from college, his father is a Rabbi in Manchester. His dad believes Israel has absoloutly no right to exist and belives all attacks against it are legitimate. Now if i make a video of him, post it on YouTube and then make a thread on BB.com, would that mean all Jews are opposed to the existance of Israel ? No, certainly not. Therefore i think OP should not post randomers who we Muslims, or anybody else for that matter has ever heard of and make out that they represent Islam because more often than not, this is not the case.

Yeah. Islam say's you follow the law of the land which you live in, ALWAYS. Unless it prevents you from practicing your faith. Hitting your wife is not a required practice in Islam so if you live in a country where it is not allowed, you are not Islamically permitted to do so.
    The cleric does not say it is required, he says "if a husband wants".

Your comments on following the law of the land are appreciated, though I would imagine not very comforting to those women to happen to live in countries where spousal abuse is not illegal.

I'm curious, in lands where Islamic law, sharia, or laws based on Islam are in effect, is it against the law to beat your wife?
    There's no turning back
    Kirisute Gomen - Trivium

The cleric does not say it is required, he says "if a husband wants".

Your comments on following the law of the land are appreciated, though I would imagine not very comforting to those women to happen to live in countries where spousal abuse is not illegal.

I'm curious, in lands where Islamic law, sharia, or laws based on Islam are in effect, is it against the law to beat your wife?
    The word "beat" implies kickin the fcuk out of your wife. This is certianly not allowed. "The best amongst you are those that are kindest to your wives" is an authentic quote from the Prophet. The extent to which you are allowed to hit your wife in Islam is virtually non existent, it is not to cause any sort of pain but to show your anger etc. It cannot casue any sort of physical pain, its just to express yourself in the strongest way possible. Your wife has rights over you, just as you have rights over her. There is no way a husband is allowed to hurt his wife, its against the teachings of Islam. If countrys allow it (i am unaware of them) then that is cultural and not Islamic. You cant just decide to hit your wife, it has to be for a reason and if you do it, its not "hitting" its sending a message. You are not to hurt her physically

The word "beat" implies kickin the fcuk out of your wife. This is certianly not allowed. "The best amongst you are those that are kindest to your wives" is an authentic quote from the Prophet. The extent to which you are allowed to hit your wife in Islam is virtually non existent, it is not to cause any sort of pain but to show your anger etc. It cannot casue any sort of physical pain, its just to express yourself in the strongest way possible. Your wife has rights over you, just as you have rights over her. There is no way a husband is allowed to hurt his wife, its against the teachings of Islam. If countrys allow it (i am unaware of them) then that is cultural and not Islamic. You cant just decide to hit your wife, it has to be for a reason and if you do it, its not "hitting" its sending a message. You are not to hurt her physically
    I'm not sure you answered my question.

For instance, here if I slapped my wife across the arm in anger, I could be arrested for assault.

What if I slapped my wife across the arm under sharia law? Would I be punished?
    There's no turning back
    Kirisute Gomen - Trivium

asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000)

you forget that the quran is a guide to limit and contain human behaviour.

domestic violence is prevailant in all societies and cultures. most women who suffer abuse do so at the whim of man, for any excuse or no reason at all.

God has limited man - only llewd conduct can be dealt with like this, first admonish them...if they continue banish to beds apart, if this does not work then hit lightly with a siwak causing no bruise, red mark or bleeding.

so no, domestic violence is not instructed, it is clearly warned against, as is being unjust to women on many issues.
    La illaha illah Allah Muhammad Rasulallah

... He is Allah, the One! Allah, the eternally Besought of all! He begetteth not nor was begotten. And there is none comparable unto Him. [Q112]

"The matter is confusing to you. The truth is not known through the actions of men. Rather, know the truth, and you will know its people" - Imam Ali (ra)

asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000) asiya-sparkles is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not sure you answered my question.

For instance, here if I slapped my wife across the arm in anger, I could be arrested for assault.

What if I slapped my wife across the arm under sharia law? Would I be punished?

spousal abuse may be punishable in the west, it just very, very rarely is.
    La illaha illah Allah Muhammad Rasulallah

... He is Allah, the One! Allah, the eternally Besought of all! He begetteth not nor was begotten. And there is none comparable unto Him. [Q112]

"The matter is confusing to you. The truth is not known through the actions of men. Rather, know the truth, and you will know its people" - Imam Ali (ra)