Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Legal alternatives to ********?

I start college in 8 days, and these 2 years are going to mean everything in terms of my education. My marks will determine what future careers I can undertake, and universities I can enter.

Every year i've been pushing myself to the extreme, and now I feel that i'm at my limit. I find it hard to concentrate on things now more than ever.

I used to read 100 pages per night from books out of my cabinet, followed by a dvd shortly after. Now I can't do anything at all. I read 10 pages and then throw down the book in frustration.

I've heard about PEA, but the effects seem to diminish rather quickly after use. Caffeine does seem to help, but the effects only provide a very temporary boost. 200mg of caffeine usually causes me to fizzle out and crash within two hours of ingestion.

I'm looking for a non prescription alternative, as I don't know any friends on ADHD medication (******** especially), and most use Ritalin anyway (which has been linked to brain aging).
    Last edited by Lowerthefever; 02-02-2009 at 12:40 AM.

Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bump

Registered User mikeylikesit629's Avatar
    mikeylikesit629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeylikesit629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeylikesit629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeylikesit629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeylikesit629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeylikesit629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeylikesit629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeylikesit629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeylikesit629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeylikesit629 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeylikesit629 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Okay - your problem is commonly known as...well...stress lol. I have gone through the same thing this past fall semester, finding it almost impossible to retain any information and to concentrate. Your body is telling you that you need rest and to chill out.

By getting into a drug like ********, you will only mask the problem for a little while and that toll that stress is STILL putting on your body will catch up with you and make you a very unhappy individual that does not like his life. People have committed suicide in college, going through situations such as this. College is supposed to be a kick-ass experience! Don't be one of those guys who starts losing hair before he is legally allowed to drink because he is so stressed all the time.

Here's what you should do. Don't take a million credits a semester (take about 14-16), don't be afraid to take an extra semester to finish school, and have a good time learning and finding who you are! I am taking 14 credits this semester, I am not stressing out all the time, and I am loving college right now. Live your life, bro, you will definitely appreciate it down the road.

Cheers,
    Mike

natevines has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sorry, nothing OTC can match the potency of amphetamines. I've tried all the nootropics and they didn't do a whole lot (certainly not as much as d-amphetamine), but here are a few suggestions:

-Sulbutiamine
    -Ephedrine
    -Piracetam
    -Adrafinil/Modafinil (the former doesn't need a prescription)
    -Vinpocetine
    -Huperzine A

Originally Posted by natevines View Post
    Sorry, nothing OTC can match the potency of amphetamines. I've tried all the nootropics and they didn't do a whole lot (certainly not as much as d-amphetamine), but here are a few suggestions:

-Sulbutiamine
    -Ephedrine
    -Piracetam
    -Vinpocetine
    -Huperzine A
    Which would be my best bet out of the list you posted?

BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Get a prescription. It's so easy to obtain it's a joke.
    Current Stack:

TP: WPI Cold-Filtration
    TP: 50%/50% Dextrose/Maltodextrin mix
    NOW Adam
    Labrada EFA Gold
    AST Micronized Creatine
    Core ABC
    Driven Sports Lean Xtreme

Originally Posted by BreakingPoint8 View Post
    Get a prescription. It's so easy to obtain it's a joke.
    I'll probably end up trying, but I don't like my chances.

lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    try ephedrine yohombe caffine and gensing
    negs or i neg you..........wait wut...lol... i will leave it like so

Originally Posted by lift.iron View Post
    try ephedrine yohmbine caffeine and ginseng
    Can't get ephedrine or yohmbine, illegal here.

Tellin' it like it is sublimejeh's Avatar
    sublimejeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sublimejeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sublimejeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sublimejeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sublimejeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sublimejeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sublimejeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sublimejeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sublimejeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sublimejeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sublimejeh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I use Stimulant X during school for work and classes and it is definitely very good for concentration
    Justinh@shredded-rx.com

lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lift.iron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Lowerthefever View Post
    Can't get ephedrine or yohmbine, illegal here.
    god dam your out of luck
    i used to take adderal / dextrostat and i can tell u that the stack i mentioned earlyer is the closest dam thing u can get in the usa even give u the same head feeling / euphoria but doesent last as long
    negs or i neg you..........wait wut...lol... i will leave it like so

Originally Posted by lift.iron View Post
    god dam your out of luck
    i used to take adderal / dextrostat and i can tell u that the stack i mentioned earlyer is the closest dam thing u can get in the usa even give u the same head feeling / euphoria but doesent last as long
    I'll try ordering some as a last resort, if the opportunity presents itself.

Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Clear Shot
    PharmD | IFBB Pro | ********.com/SwollenPharmD

BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500) BreakingPoint8 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I'll probably end up trying, but I don't like my chances.
    Dude it's really not that hard to get a script for. This is exactly what I did. I made an appointment with my family doctor and told him I was having trouble staying focused in school and concentrating and he recommended me to a neurologist then I bull****ted that survey they give you then the next week I had a script in my hand for ******** XR. It's easy.
    Current Stack:

TP: WPI Cold-Filtration
    TP: 50%/50% Dextrose/Maltodextrin mix
    NOW Adam
    Labrada EFA Gold
    AST Micronized Creatine
    Core ABC
    Driven Sports Lean Xtreme

Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000) Apostle X is just really nice. (+1000)
    try to honestly do the schoolwork first before resorting to substances.

A lot of it really has to do with how well you schedule your daily activities and use up your time. Don't take 2 days off and then cram on 3rd day, study a little bit everyday etc.
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pushinweightwi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just started school for the first time in 3 years. I take 500-1000mg PEA, 100mcg hup-A, and a cup or two of good strong coffee and I have laser like focus. Try this out before going to addys.
    Approach life one productive day at a time and no goal is unattainable.

scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000)
    I start college in 8 days, and these 2 years are going to mean everything in terms of my education. My marks will determine what future careers I can undertake, and universities I can enter.

Every year i've been pushing myself to the extreme, and now I feel that i'm at my limit. I find it hard to concentrate on things now more than ever.

I used to read 100 pages per night from books out of my cabinet, followed by a dvd shortly after. Now I can't do anything at all. I read 10 pages and then throw down the book in frustration.

I've heard about PEA, but the effects seem to diminish rather quickly after use. Caffeine does seem to help, but the effects only provide a very temporary boost. 200mg of caffeine usually causes me to fizzle out and crash within two hours of ingestion.

I'm looking for a non prescription alternative, as I don't know any friends on ADHD medication (******** especially), and most use Ritalin anyway (which has been linked to brain aging).
    College brah?
    Like fkn high school or something?

jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000)
    try geranium along with the PEA. Though, if you crash after 200mg of caffeine, I can't imagine how hard you're going to crash from geranium. That stuff takes me down into the dumps.

Originally Posted by BreakingPoint8 View Post
    Dude it's really not that hard to get a script for. This is exactly what I did. I made an appointment with my family doctor and told him I was having trouble staying focused in school and concentrating and he recommended me to a neurologist then I bull****ted that survey they give you then the next week I had a script in my hand for ******** XR. It's easy.
    Will try this ASAP

Originally Posted by Apostle X View Post
    try to honestly do the schoolwork first before resorting to substances.

A lot of it really has to do with how well you schedule your daily activities and use up your time. Don't take 2 days off and then cram on 3rd day, study a little bit everyday etc.
    Trust me, I've always been a good student until recently. I felt the class getting way ahead of me, despite my best efforts.

I've always studied hard and tried my utmost to stay focused in class.

Originally Posted by Scott_ View Post
    College brah?
    Like fkn high school or something?
    High school and college are two entirely different ball games. I fail to understand how you can confuse the two.

Originally Posted by jeremyleinen View Post
    try geranium along with the PEA. Though, if you crash after 200mg of caffeine, I can't imagine how hard you're going to crash from geranium. That stuff takes me down into the dumps.
    We spoke about geranium recently in my other thread about it. Recently, i've been experimenting with long chain carbohydrates in conjunction with short acting carbs/caffeine. It's helped me for a little while, sort of as an anti-crash method, but it's not a permanent fix.

Originally Posted by Eightpak View Post
    Clear Shot
    Ingredient profile seems pretty underwhelming. Geranium extract is the only thing of mention.

2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have you tried PEA or are you basing it off of heresay.
    "2Burnt takes AlphaMax to the Max" log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157974513&p=1170521023#post1170521023

<<PH/DS Family Member 3rd cousin once removed>>

Don't expect a supplement company to wipe your ass for you, only YOU know what you eat, which pre you take, and how much folic acid you intake daily. Supplement accordingly.-POISON

2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I used PEA it helped with focus and concentration for 2-3 hours for sure. Actually up to 6-8. But not as incredible for the whole 6-8.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157974513&p=1170521023#post1170521023

Don't expect a supplement company to wipe your ass for you, only YOU know what you eat, which pre you take, and how much folic acid you intake daily. Supplement accordingly.-POISON

Originally Posted by 2Burnt View Post
    Have you tried PEA or are you basing it off of heresay.
    Never tried it.

Originally Posted by 2Burnt View Post
    When I used PEA it helped with focus and concentration for 2-3 hours for sure. Actually up to 6-8. But not as incredible for the whole 6-8.
    Meh, I need something long lasting. School goes for at least 6 hours a day, possibly 7 this year (depending on timetables).

Originally Posted by natevines View Post

-Sulbutiamine
    -Ephedrine
    -Piracetam
    -Vinpocetine
    -Huperzine A
    Which would be my best bet out of the list you posted?
    I believe a couple of those used in conjunction with each other are synergistic. I would contact CognitiveNutrition or Squat2grow on this. Actually, keep this bumped up and they'll chime in sooner or later. They are really good on helping out on this kind of thing.

Avant Research/Labs Rep Colin O'Malley's Avatar
    Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Eh...dexedrine?

See a doc and get a script,here are tips on doing so.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/i...amine+holidays

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/i...amine+holidays

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/i...howtopic=34879
    A relevant qoute from the last thread.

If I only use the stim, I get increased cognitive resistance to the behaviors I want to change, but if I allow myself to slip into them then the effect is nullified, almost instantly -- and quite intractably, until I take a period of abstinence and resensitize. So what's worked best for me is to develop a very thorough and detailed regimen of behavioral modification that I wish to affect PRIOR to beginning the stim, begin the stim, and then allow absolutely no deviations from that path, including no stimulant breaks. It takes something like a month for new neurons to migrate, and 4-6 months to significantly integrate themselves into the greater cognitive network...If you don't imprint the behaviors, then you're just drugging yourself, and even perhaps working against yourself a little due to state-dependent learning.
    Avant Research Representative
    www.AvantResearch.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/avant/avant.htm

Never tried it.

Meh, I need something long lasting. School goes for at least 6 hours a day, possibly 7 this year (depending on timetables).
    Understood. CognitiveNutrition can give you dosing protocols that can be helpful. Ive never used anything besides PEA. I also never felt a crash. With the exception of once. However, I think there is ways around all of this. Cog will be around soon for ya.

Cog's pm is full but I hit up his rep for ya. You'll get some better answers.

user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    velocity xt is what i used in college for late studying and for before classes... its a blend of caffeine/geranium/PEA/tyrosine for excellent focus/energy

developing good study habits should be your main priority and not immediately looking for a short-cut. College studying isn't easy, but its not easy for a reason, or everyone would do it and be successful. Get used to studying on a daily basis, and avoid cramming. Allow 3 days for information to sink into your brain; going over information 3 times is the key to sustained longterm memory.

and get a coffee maker
    Gaspari Nutrition Rep and Overall BAMF
    www.gasparinutrition.com
    alec @ gasparinutrition.com

Turning into a pirate-grizzy bear hybrid! --- Bulkin to 230!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127371573

TRAIN INSANE: http://vimeo.com/7472199