boomstick00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boomstick00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Half Serving of ON pro complex gainer good idea?

So basically it wasn't until after i received my tub of ON pro complex gainer did I realize that there is only 14 servings in the tub. >.<

It just doesn't seem like the body can absorb all the protein post workout. (1 serving = 650 calories and 60g protein.)
    I've been doing a little research and even my professor has told me this, that the body only needs 1g of protein per KG of body weight. Now obviously as weight trainers, we do need excess protein, but if I'm taking ON 100% whey in the morning, Pro complex gainer post workout, and cassein whey before bed, thats 108g of protein plus the protein from all the food I'm eating. Doesn't seem likely to me that my body will use up all that protein regardless of how intensive my workouts are.

I'm 5'9, I weigh 143, and I'm a lil flabby around the waist. My goals are to gain lean muscle and add on another 12 pounds. my body type is endomorphic.

So....
    should I take a half or full serving of ON pro complex gainer?

LarryUBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LarryUBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LarryUBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LarryUBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LarryUBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LarryUBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LarryUBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LarryUBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LarryUBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LarryUBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) LarryUBB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i dont understand y you are taking a weight gainer if you are flabby ? weight gainer is something for people bulking. your trying to put on lean mass. Why not just take the whey post workout? but yeah you can split the dose in two, maybe even 3 so it comes out to 20 gram servings. your only 143 lbs. I think that is a good post workout dose. Then get some whole food later. i know anything over 40 grams gives me bad gas and thats because i cant absorb it all but im 40lbs heavier than you.
    You mad, bro?

PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    a half serving is fine if you want

boomstick00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boomstick00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LarryUBB View Post
    i dont understand y you are taking a weight gainer if you are flabby ? weight gainer is something for people bulking. your trying to put on lean mass. Why not just take the whey post workout? but yeah you can split the dose in two, maybe even 3 so it comes out to 20 gram servings. your only 143 lbs. I think that is a good post workout dose. Then get some whole food later. i know anything over 40 grams gives me bad gas and thats because i cant absorb it all but im 40lbs heavier than you.
    Well really my whole purpose of taking the weight gainer was because I wanted to make sure my caloric intake is enough. Due to my college schedule, I sometimes miss out on a meal or I can't eat meals every 2-3 hours. Since I dont go to the grocery store that often, my protein intake wasn't what I wanted it to be.

My workout schedule is a combination of cardio and weight training so on Monday's and Thursdays I do a 45 minute full body workout with cardio(I put more emphasis on lower body training for these days).
    Tuesdays and Fridays are my upper body weight training days for 30 minutes each with some light cardio.