Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any way to make cereal?

I wonder if there is a way to make keto cereal. I can use cream for the milk, but what ingredients could I use to make the flakes? I'm thinking something to do with flax but what else would I use, and how would I get the flakes crispy?

Thank you!
    Last edited by mickapoo; 02-01-2009 at 06:29 PM.

is on that pizza diet bodydropcris's Avatar
    bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you could prolly mash up some cauliflower and bake it until crispy and cover it in splenda and 600 calories of heavy cream....

or eat a 200-250 calorie bowl of cereal like a normal person with normal cereal in a box and milk....

pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you could probably follow a recipe for flax crackers (ground flax, water, salt, sweetener?) and cut it into small chunks. tvp (texturized vegetable protein) comes in granules and would be similiar to grape nuts.
    Making the Cut :: 2009 daily fitness and food journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=275946851#post275946851

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bodydropcris View Post
    you could prolly mash up some cauliflower and bake it until crispy and cover it in splenda and 600 calories of heavy cream....

or eat a 200-250 calorie bowl of cereal like a normal person with normal cereal in a box and milk....
    I lol'd

And I strongly agree with the second part.
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

QFT!
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mickapoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do you even realize you're in the keto forum? Guess not. Oh, and it's spelled "probably".

Originally Posted by pacificgrl View Post
    you could probably follow a recipe for flax crackers (ground flax, water, salt, sweetener?) and cut it into small chunks. tvp (texturized vegetable protein) comes in granules and would be similiar to grape nuts.
    Thanks, I'll try that!

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pour some hot water over flaxmeal (sorry, I've forgotten the exact amount, but it's a fair bit) and let it sit until it has absorbed the water. Mix in some peanut butter or sprinkle on a lot of cinnamon and sweetener and nuke to reheat. You get a sort of oatmeal substitute.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Thanks! It worked perfectly! I just combined 1 part water with 2 parts flax, put it on wax paper, spread it out thinly, put another piece of wax paper on top, rolled it out thinly, baked for 15 min, and voila!

Thanks again!

pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mickapoo View Post
    Thanks! It worked perfectly! I just combined 1 part water with 2 parts flax, put it on wax paper, spread it out thinly, put another piece of wax paper on top, rolled it out thinly, baked for 15 min, and voila!

Thanks again!
    yiippeeee! happy to hear it worked out.

throw some cinnamon + brown sugar splenda = cinnamon toast crunch. (sorta!) *AND* if you like soy nuts, i'd throw some roasted ones on top of the cream for good measure and xtra crunch.

lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Get some unflavored pork rinds - crunch 'em up, add splenda and cinnamon and heavy cream with water - cinnamon toast crunch as well. If you do this beware the sodium content though. It tastes pretty damn good.

I found some soy milk that has 6 g protein, 1 g carbs, 3 g of fat in 1 cup. It's rich so I add water to it to have more the consistency of skim milk, so it's even less than that.

The only thing now is the amount of fat in the flax meal. Maybe I could try doing part whey to balance out the protein/fat ratio?

I also added chopped almonds in my cereal- cinnamon almond toast crunch!

Thanks so much for the help! Between this, the keto pizza, and the flax pancakes, I feel like I'm in carb heaven!

ozzsome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow i actually bought these cinamon type pork rinds from vivalowcarb. lol but it taste real weird ;/ just my opinion

Originally Posted by lleigh1981 View Post
    Get some unflavored pork rinds - crunch 'em up, add splenda and cinnamon and heavy cream with water - cinnamon toast crunch as well. If you do this beware the sodium content though. It tastes pretty damn good.
    i'm sorta repulsed and curious about this all at once!! were you bloated out like crazy bc of the sodium?

I found some soy milk that has 6 g protein, 1 g carbs, 3 g of fat in 1 cup. It's rich so I add water to it to have more the consistency of skim milk, so it's even less than that.

The only thing now is the amount of fat in the flax meal. Maybe I could try doing part whey to balance out the protein/fat ratio?

Thanks so much for the help! Between this, the keto pizza, and the flax pancakes, I feel like I'm in carb heaven!
    but if you're doing keto then why worry about the fat content? as long as you can fit it into your macros, right? unless you're doing low carb and low fat or something.

i'm sure atkins has made something by now this is a low carb friendly mock cereal.

also, there's a cheesecake recipe in the recipe section that gets high marks!

Originally Posted by ozzsome View Post
    wow i actually bought these cinamon type pork rinds from vivalowcarb. lol but it taste real weird ;/ just my opinion
    Yeah, the idea of pork rind cereal doesn't sound very appetizing.

but if you're doing keto then why worry about the fat content? as long as you can fit it into your macros, right? unless you're doing low carb and low fat or something.

i'm sure atkins has made something by now this is a low carb friendly mock cereal.

also, there's a cheesecake recipe in the recipe section that gets high marks!
    The fat is so high it takes up much of my daily allowance for just one bowl. But it's worth it and I guess I'll just adjust accordingly.

I'm sure the cheesecake recipe is delish... however, I made the peanut butter cups, and ended up eating a whole bunch of them in one day! They were soooo good. Needless to say my calories were through the roof.

I have a habit of doing that, so what I do now is I cut the recipe way down so that it only makes a couple of servings. If I don't make it, I can't eat it!

lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lleigh1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Any port in a storm - I ate them every day for a week and got sick of them. I'll eat them every once in awhile if I see a commercial for cereal and get the hankering.

Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It can't be done. Cereals are grains, not something you can make, and they are automatically mostly carb.

dfast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dfast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gracehbd View Post
    It can't be done. Cereals are grains, not something you can make, and they are automatically mostly carb.
    I think the OP is attempting to make something resembling breakfast cereal rather than 'Poaceae or Gramineae' (thanks Wiki).

I did the following once:

Chocolate protein powder (an 80/20 mix of whey and casein) mixed in with a tablespoon of peanut butter, spread out on greaseproof paper then cooked until 'dry'. I broke it up and had it with almond milk. You could add nuts and seeds etc. It was quite nice.

That's why the recipe is keto cereal.

Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't think you understand. Cereal is not just a name for a food, it's a name for a type of edible grass.
    I want to touch the butt.

Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would say use wheat bran and flaxseeds. Straight wheat bran has 1 net carb, 6 grams of fiber, and that doesn't digest so no need to count it.

bobjonez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are keto cereals, here are a review of some(NB. I did not see any nutritional info,may have missed it). http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/reviews-cereals.html

Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000)
    Flax meal + Nuts + Heavy Cream + Water + Splenda(+Cinnamon?)?

It seems like it would be oatmeal-ish and probably pretty good if you measure it right. I love cereal. Eat it pretty much every day pwo (no keto).

I suggest just waiting for your carb-up to eat cereal, though.

I didn't literally mean "make cereal", lol.
    Last edited by mickapoo; 03-25-2009 at 05:21 PM.

cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50) cell technical will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I imagine that slivered almonds with cocoa powder, in chocolate almond milk with some stevia and cream would be cereal-like.

LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LEX-UA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

What is the brand of this milk?

Originally Posted by LEX-UA View Post
    What is the brand of this milk?
    It's called Soy Slender. They have it sweetened with Splenda, and unsweetened. It's very good.

Bble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yiippeeee! happy to hear it worked out.

throw some cinnamon + brown sugar splenda = cinnamon toast crunch. (sorta!) *AND* if you like soy nuts, i'd throw some roasted ones on top of the cream for good measure and xtra crunch.
    Sorry for bumping an aged old thread. But I made this cinnamon flax biscuit. They were awesome! Cinnamon is good for fatloss and get my daily flax in

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I haven't tried this, but someone said she stewed a stick of rhubarb, then added a couple of spoonfuls of psyllium husk to thicken it, and a dollop of cream, and get a sort of odd coloured porridge effect.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders