irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

same effects w/ at home gym?

I'm slowing trying to turn half my basement into a home gym...it will be soooo much easier especially having a new baby at home. At the moment I do go to the gym to lift but just curious to know if I WOULD be able to get the same results w/ the little equiptment I have at home.

Right now I have a bench w/ lots of weight plates to load on there, 12lb DB, treadmill, BOSU ball, jump rope.

I figure I could use the 45lb bar on the bench for a lot of different exercises.

Just curious to know what workout plan could I come up w/ having this equiptment AND will it be as effective?

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, you can definitely get the same results working out at home as you would working out at the gym. I've never even been in a gym, yet I've seen pretty drastic results. I have several sets of dumbbells and a loaded barbel set with extra plates. I don't even have a bench or squat rack (use couch as squat rack for leverage and floor or stability ball for bench).

The only suggestion would be to pick up a few more sets of dumbbells in varying weights. I have 5 sets and I use all 5 for different purposes. And you can always pick up extra plates too, as your strength increases. Again, this is what I've done.

As far as a plan, all the basic exercises that you'd do at gym: squats, deadlifts, good mornings, plie squats, lunges (various types), glute kickbacks, bench press, flyes, push-ups, T-bar rows, barbel rows, pullovers, one arm rows, shrugs, shoulder press, front raise, rear lateral raise, lateral raise, tricep kickbacks, tricep extentions, dips, hammer curl, bicep curl, crunches, and reverse crunches. And these are just the exercises I can think of offhand, there are even more that you can do at home. And for cardio, jumping rope is great. If you get bored with that, walking or running outdoors is great, or you could invest in some videos.

You can do a lot with just the basics, good luck to you!
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by heidismommy View Post
    Yes, you can definitely get the same results working out at home as you would working out at the gym. I've never even been in a gym, yet I've seen pretty drastic results. I have several sets of dumbbells and a loaded barbel set with extra plates. I don't even have a bench or squat rack (use couch as squat rack for leverage and floor or stability ball for bench).

The only suggestion would be to pick up a few more sets of dumbbells in varying weights. I have 5 sets and I use all 5 for different purposes. And you can always pick up extra plates too, as your strength increases. Again, this is what I've done.

As far as a plan, all the basic exercises that you'd do at gym: squats, deadlifts, good mornings, plie squats, lunges (various types), glute kickbacks, bench press, flyes, push-ups, T-bar rows, barbel rows, pullovers, one arm rows, shrugs, shoulder press, front raise, rear lateral raise, lateral raise, tricep kickbacks, tricep extentions, dips, hammer curl, bicep curl, crunches, and reverse crunches. And these are just the exercises I can think of offhand, there are even more that you can do at home. And for cardio, jumping rope is great. If you get bored with that, walking or running outdoors is great, or you could invest in some videos.

You can do a lot with just the basics, good luck to you!

Thanks so much for the info! Yes, I need to get more equiptment too! I just know that when I have another baby (trying in summer time), I'll want to be able to workout at home because it's hard now trying to get to the gym around my son who is 9months old now!

Any ideas for a lifting plan? upper/lower day or split? what exercises to do....just want to pick some brains

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by irish0418 View Post
    Thanks so much for the info! Yes, I need to get more equiptment too! I just know that when I have another baby (trying in summer time), I'll want to be able to workout at home because it's hard now trying to get to the gym around my son who is 9months old now!

Any ideas for a lifting plan? upper/lower day or split? what exercises to do....just want to pick some brains
    I prefer a 5-day split, though the first year of lifting I did full-body workouts, 3 times per week. Right now I'm doing chest and triceps on Monday, legs on Tuesday, delts on Wednesday, back and biceps on Thursday, then legs again on Friday OR Saturday. Abs I do 2-3 times per week, but never on set days. Really any routine would work, just as long as you're lifting heavy enough and are consistent enough.

I understand where you're coming from. My daughter is older (she's 5 years old), but it's nice to be able to workout after she's in bed without having to go anywhere. Plus gym memberships aren't cheap and we're penny pinching now.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I also workout at home with my bench and plates and stuff...I like it way better than going to the gym....it's more helpful especially since I have a 2 year old at home. I know you can get results doing it at home....I also workout 5 days a week but when I first started working out a few years ago I did it 4 days a week...good luck! Moms rock!
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!