snoboard18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

starting Keto...I'm scared LOL

Ok I'm starting KETO this week, I really need to take it to the next level!

Hope it works!

Carb load times are from Friday around noon to Saturday at midnight correct?

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    After you first 2 weeks of keto, then you can get a carb up.

It doesn't have to be a particular assign day to carb up.

Originally Posted by snoboard18 View Post
    Correct

Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hydro215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok I'm starting KETO this week, I really need to take it to the next level!

Hope it works!

Good luck! and yes that's the right idea but as vietgoboi pointed out your first one isn't till the second week when you start. Keep us updated. Please share your stats as well
    My first ever Keto Log! And first ever thread coincidentally

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112580251

lol crap!! two weeks of no carbs? this is the first I'm hearing of this, i thought i was supposed to carb load at the end of this first week too. dang

r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000) r3pnIt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^^ nope, for your 2 weeks, you wanna go with no carb up... idk the scientfic reason for this, but i believe it has to do with being your first time, and it make take your body longer to get into ketosis... do if you carb up your first week on fri. you may not even be into ketosis unitl thursday.... therefore you only been in ketosis for 1 day
    *MiSc-13* - D@ G3NeRaL

**Misc M@rio Brahz**

50- "Ain't Nothing You Can Do To Stop My Shine, This is God's Plan Homie, This Aint Mine!" -50

week 1 completed

Alrighty, well so far done w/ week 1 of keto and fortunately no crazy carb cravings. Earlier in the week I was taking in way to much protein but now I've been limiting proteins and upping fats! Hopefully my misunderstanding of this diet won't slow my body getting into ketosis. Only real prob I'm having is I'm taking in too many calories daily (like 2500 ouch!) I have been having around 30g or less of carbs a day so doing good in that aspect!

I have chosen not to carb up at the end of the 1st week, might as well do things right.

As a side note...keto makes you feel a little "backed up" at first if you know what I mean

thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As a side note...keto makes you feel a little "backed up" at first if you know what I mean
    Dude, its the whole time on the diet!! LOL Invest in veggies and loads of water!!! You will be happy you did when you are NOT doing the incredible hulk trnasformation on the toilet! lol

All the best
    "It's all about getting back up"

Cutting till April '09 RubberGuard's Avatar
    RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thesilent1 View Post
    Dude, its the whole time on the diet!! LOL Invest in veggies and loads of water!!! You will be happy you did when you are NOT doing the incredible hulk trnasformation on the toilet! lol

All the best
    FPMSL!

A fiber supplement would be a wise addition to your diet.
    Train hard and heavy, nail your diet, get plenty of rest.

My friend that has been on keto says when I carb load finally at the end of week 2, it'll clear out my system.

I recently bought Flaxseed oil and i think my Now Adam multivitamin helps too w/ this prob, but What other supplement do ya'll suggest?

By the way, when should I expect to get into Ketosis considering I haven't carb-loaded at the end of my 1st week at all?

iLift99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLift99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLift99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLift99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLift99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLift99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLift99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLift99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLift99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLift99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLift99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    whats your diet like?

Originally Posted by iLift99 View Post
    whats your diet like?
    CALS FAT PROTEIN CARBS
    3 eggs w/ cheese, sausage or bacon
    410 31.5 26 5

jerky
    80 0 15 5

3 more eggs later on somepoint
    210 13.5 18 3

mcdonalds double cheeseburger X2
    600 46 48 0

fatty chicken breast
    290 15 36 3

cheese and pepperoni
    180 14 11.5 0

ON Pro complex if i work out
    130 0.25 30 2

bacon at some point too
    112 8 8 0

total
    2012 128.25 192.5 18

57% 38% 7%

this sample puts me right over 2k but usually i have some other damn junk food and overshoot my cal's to like 2500, i really need to start limiting total calories and decreasing protein intake

thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My friend that has been on keto says when I carb load finally at the end of week 2, it'll clear out my system.

I recently bought Flaxseed oil and i think my Now Adam multivitamin helps too w/ this prob, but What other supplement do ya'll suggest?

By the way, when should I expect to get into Ketosis considering I haven't carb-loaded at the end of my 1st week at all?
    you are ALREADY in keto! lol

You can get any kind of fibre supplement from most stores or better still just add a couple of veg portions to your day and that should do the trick.

Also make sure you have loads of fluids in you.

Originally Posted by thesilent1 View Post
    you are ALREADY in keto! lol

You can get any kind of fibre supplement from most stores or better still just add a couple of veg portions to your day and that should do the trick.

Also make sure you have loads of fluids in you.
    you're right!

The ketostix said I was between trace and small amount of ketosis! time to up the cardio- fuel for the fire baby!

glad to see you are having fun with it.

mygame11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mygame11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mygame11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mygame11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mygame11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mygame11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mygame11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mygame11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mygame11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mygame11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mygame11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by r3pnIt View Post
    ^^^ nope, for your 2 weeks, you wanna go with no carb up... idk the scientfic reason for this, but i believe it has to do with being your first time, and it make take your body longer to get into ketosis... do if you carb up your first week on fri. you may not even be into ketosis unitl thursday.... therefore you only been in ketosis for 1 day
    Because it takes your body a couple of weeks to become fat adapted. The more you allow yourself to be in full ketosis the better the results will be.

Loading up on carbs period will make you crap a lot. Make sure you eat your veggies or take a fiber supplement..you will be fine. DRINK WATER!
    Come Join My New Group: "BIGGEST LOSER CLUB"
    http://groups.bodybuilding.com/biggest_loser_club

01/08/09 - 01/15/09~~~~
    01/15/09 - 01/22/09~~~~
    01/22/09 - 01/29/09~~~~

Keto Success! The only way to go!

still only little bit in ketosis....how do I improve this?

maybe stupid salad w/ ranch dressing hurt me and gave me too many carbs today... reached 40 carbs.

i keep eating too much food, 2300 cals today

damn fatty foods aren't filling me up enough and giving to me too many calories

first carb up TOMORROW! woot! its been a hard 2 weeks but I finally get to have some carbs!

planned food:

oatmeal w/ protein shake in it
    chocolate chip cookies my mom made
    chic-fila
    some kinda chinese food w/ lotsa rice
    def pepperoni pizza
    and other stuff!
    (i'm gonna eat like a pregnant woman eats...random crap)

i cant wait!!!

oh by the way,

whys everyone telling me to drink water? i'm almost a fish! i drink well over 1 gallon a day, probably closer to 2 gallons /day

still backed up

we'll see how i do when i eat some oatmeal tomorrow morning

ok i had a really dirty carb up for 36 hrs....lots of chocolate chip cookies and pizza....i kinda went overboard. I hope it didn't hurt my diet too much.

maybe next carb up will be much cleaner!

ok quitting keto for a while, I've decided to start bulking for a couple of months

+ im going to russia for work so it might be hard to get food i need readily accessible for the keto diet.

it did work pretty well at first, next time i'll probably go 2 weeks without carb ups for the entire time (i found it hard to get into ketosis until the last day or 2 of the week)

until next May when I get back into cutting...GL everyone!