Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DanVanVliet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DanVanVliet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DanVanVliet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DanVanVliet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DanVanVliet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DanVanVliet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DanVanVliet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DanVanVliet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DanVanVliet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DanVanVliet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DanVanVliet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have a party and invite people you think you may have something in common with the ones that stay late ( past midnight ) you may have something in common with. start up a poker game.
    I miss Beer
    I'm Ready (SpongeBob Squarepants)

Aerovis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aerovis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aerovis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aerovis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aerovis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aerovis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aerovis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aerovis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aerovis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aerovis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aerovis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A lot of women are insecure and vicious. They don't realize that they're being cruel to another human being who has their own set of feelings and issues. But you can't change them. Just be as nice as you can to them and don't let it get to you. Try and befriend other MILFS when you come across them, a fellow hot female may be more accepting of you/have more in common with you.

glee3078 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glee3078 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glee3078 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Try Craigslist

I stumbled up a section of Craigslist one day when I was bored and ended up posting an ad in the "strictly platonic" section under w4w. This was after moving to Houston and being here 3 months without having a girls night out...so for you to be going on 3 years, I see your frustration. I have met some really great women that I have lunch, dinner, girls nights ect with now and it's great to have friends close by. I have a couple life long friends but one lives in KY and the other in MI so don't be afraid to try it...Just be sure if you do to exchange pictures and meet in public places because you never know, it could be a guy or some wierd chic you wouldn't want to hang out with. I have to admit though, I am supposed to meet this chic tonight for margaritas in downtown Houston. We exchanged pics and she's pretty & thin and I'm a little intimidated to meet her. If I met her a few years ago before I gained weight, this wouldn't be an issue but just how I'm feeling now. So I can see how it can be difficult for attractive women like yourself to meet new people too. At any rate, I'm including the link for the section of Craigslist that I mentioned for your area. Check it out and you may find your new best friend. Btw, posting and/or finding friends this way is not an act of desperation to meet people, I think it's an intelligent way to utilize technology and reach out to people you wouldn't meet otherwise...especially as a stay at home mom. I hope this helps you.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/search/stp/?query=w4w
    ~Ain't nothin' to it but to do it!

~Yeah buddy, light weight!

~Ain't nothin' but a peanut!

AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by glee3078 View Post
    I stumbled up a section of Craigslist one day when I was bored and ended up posting an ad in the "strictly platonic" section under w4w. This was after moving to Houston and being here 3 months without having a girls night out...so for you to be going on 3 years, I see your frustration. I have met some really great women that I have lunch, dinner, girls nights ect with now and it's great to have friends close by. I have a couple life long friends but one lives in KY and the other in MI so don't be afraid to try it...Just be sure if you do to exchange pictures and meet in public places because you never know, it could be a guy or some wierd chic you wouldn't want to hang out with. I have to admit though, I am supposed to meet this chic tonight for margaritas in downtown Houston. We exchanged pics and she's pretty & thin and I'm a little intimidated to meet her. If I met her a few years ago before I gained weight, this wouldn't be an issue but just how I'm feeling now. So I can see how it can be difficult for attractive women like yourself to meet new people too. At any rate, I'm including the link for the section of Craigslist that I mentioned for your area. Check it out and you may find your new best friend. Btw, posting and/or finding friends this way is not an act of desperation to meet people, I think it's an intelligent way to utilize technology and reach out to people you wouldn't meet otherwise...especially as a stay at home mom. I hope this helps you.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/search/stp/?query=w4w
    Houston was like the only place I made very many friends.

Since moving, I've had the same problems. No one in this podunk town is interested in what I am, or has kids when they do share the same interests. It's a little depressing, I probably talk to online people way more than actual people standing around. lol

NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewMomma09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same problem here. Two years ago we moved to the town my husband grew up in (he'd been in the Navy 10 years). I'm originally from Seattle, WA, and never thought I had any problems "fitting in", but when we got here....I felt like I was on another planet. Most of the women here all grew up together and are very "clique-ish". It's bizarre. Still struggling with it today, (it caused a pretty bad depression for a while though). It's hard too because not only do I stay at home with the kids, but my husband isn't much of a "get together" kind of guy. He has a buddy or two over every once in while, but ones wife works alot, and the other is going through a divorce so.....! But this place (BB) is great! Everybody is so nice, and it's something of a connection to the world outside podunk!!!
    Stay positive, stay focused, lift hard, love harder, and never forget your mission.

"Well done is better than well said"- Benjamin Franklin

Where's the warm weather? victoria09's Avatar
    victoria09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victoria09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victoria09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victoria09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victoria09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victoria09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victoria09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victoria09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victoria09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victoria09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victoria09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We moved from one town in NC where we left behind all of our friends we grew up with to another town where we really didn't know anyone. We only had our daughter at the time and so I was considered a young mom too (then, lol). I know what you mean by the young mom syndrome. It's as if anyone your age you meet with children... ehhh yeah just not quite sure you want your kid playing with their kid... and on the other hand the moms older than you seem to have all the friends they need. After two years of living here not knowing anyone I was fed up with it. I signed up for Carolina mommas (I believe they have a Tennessee Mommas) I met one girl there (my age finally) who was also new to the area I think we both reluctantly met.. but then hit it off and started our own playgroup online--- then started having playgroups. That fizzled down and I stay in touch with her and one other person. She has since moved to SC and the other girl I met (who loved to work out as well- imagine that) is now also moving to Nashville and has the same complaint as you. Her husband has been there for a few months now and she has been back and forth trying to find playgroups--- SOMETHING some other people out there who are interested in the same thing she is... and it seems hard for her too! Hang in there. It seems to me that as we get older we want that same relationship with had with our friends when we were kids- that unconditional trust- and reality seems to set in once your older, so we are pickier with who we hang out with!

rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockchalk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think there is a moral to this story...dont get married at such a young age, and dont have kids..

Stephanie_9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stephanie_9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stephanie_9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stephanie_9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stephanie_9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stephanie_9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stephanie_9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah i understand what your going through, I moved to a new town over 5 hours drive away from my family and friends last November. I moved with my long term partner because of career opportunities for both of us. I seem to have good days and bad days and the longer I am here the more good days I am having. I found I have met some people through work but I find the best way to click with people is to find people that enjoy doing the same things as you. I love being active and the gym and have met friends through the gym and have joined running groups and you met more people through them too. Maybe you could see if there is a running group or some other sort of active mums group? Its a real shame that some of the other women you have met are gossiping behind your back because the truth is they probably do it because they are insecure and feel lonely too, their probably jealous because your hot and do some modeling and you probably appear to do this and be a mum so easy. My advice is to keep thinking positive, put yourself in situations where you can meet and interact with heaps of like minded people and remove the people or things from your life that do not add any value. Good luck!

etali will become famous soon enough. (+50) etali will become famous soon enough. (+50) etali will become famous soon enough. (+50) etali will become famous soon enough. (+50) etali will become famous soon enough. (+50) etali will become famous soon enough. (+50) etali will become famous soon enough. (+50) etali will become famous soon enough. (+50) etali will become famous soon enough. (+50) etali will become famous soon enough. (+50) etali will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My husband and I moved a year ago, and the area we live in now is in the middle of nowhere, and full of people past retirement age. They're all nice people, very friendly, but we have nothing in common.

Fortunately we travel a lot as part of our jobs, and we have a lot of 'international friends' that we manage to see every couple of months, but it's not really the same. The odd night in would be nice.

Do you work out from home, or is there a gym nearby you could socialize at, and meet people that way?

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've never really had the problem of making friends, because even though I've always been sort of quite I guess people like me for some reason.

My problem has been I have little in common with most people my age. IE: I don't go out drinking/partying and that's a huge part of 21/22/23 year olds lives.

The one thing I can say is find a hobby you enjoy and meet friends that way. For example, I skateboard. At first I skated "Street" and it was hard to actually make friends. I started going to the local skate park regularly. I wasn't overbearingly stupid or desperate (as some people appear to be).

I'd just go and do my thing. Eventually I started skating the same parts as the park as others in a certain 'group' and eventually I started getting invited on trips.

So I'd say once you do something that you enjoy frequently, and see others often doing the same thing, maybe then you can establish a connection with them. Start out chatting with them each time a bit, and eventually exchange phone numbers and go do other things with them.

Once they realize you are a nice, interesting person with the same hobby(s) as them perhaps thing's will change.

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Smile

Originally Posted by mnmiz4me View Post
    I moved from San Diego to a small town West of Knoxville, TN in 1992. I still have problems finding true friends. People I can chat with no problem but women who I actually like not many so far. They are catty. I tried going to local churches and even tried fitting in with my children's friends mom's .. It never did much good. I like me well enough that they honestly don't matter anymore. I do my own thing and am polite in social settings other than that I know a few cool guys that don't mind me being myself.
    most females hate me out of envy. i'm not sure why, though. i'm humble as fck, not all that lean (but still leaner than "normal" folk, i guess,) & i offer to help 'em out. (not in a patrinizing way or in your face way, either. just a passive approach by casually mentioning it.) =S seriously. it's getting so ridiculous, as everyone around the world, canada included, is getting fatter, lazier, & less fit. rahhh! anyway. so, when i find a female that doesn't hate me for callous reasons, i automatically love them forever. xD

anyway. it's pretty easy to meet pple in my city. i think we're considered canada's 2nd biggest metropolitan (after toronto.) so, i've made friends through my hobbies/interests. (music & health.) it's great, 'cause as more time goes by, it's getting harder & harder to stay in touch w/ my besties from high school. also, finding friends w/ the same hobbies/interests is great for me, 'cause i have non-mainstream interests. most 22 yr olds i know couldn't give the slightest damns about their health. =P
    Last edited by trance__dreamer; 03-06-2009 at 03:02 PM.

LCmomof3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I totally get where you're coming from! Being a young mom sucks sometimes, lol. I have a hard time meeting friends too. We've moved twice in the past 3 yrs, and I just join every play group I can find in my area and go out of my way to befriend anyone I think I could actually hang out with. Also, when my husband and I go out to bars, I get tipsy and talk to people. I've actually made several friends this way("who does your hair?" is a great opener with girls, lol).

lovergirlk5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovergirlk5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovergirlk5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovergirlk5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovergirlk5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovergirlk5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovergirlk5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovergirlk5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovergirlk5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovergirlk5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lovergirlk5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by amberlyann2005 View Post
    Thanks guys! I am so very lonely and I wish women wouldnt be so caddy. Why cant you girls live nearby? I could use a workout buddy
    lol I think I agree about the fact that you are young, attractive, and fit. That's automatically going to make the majority of moms jealous and unfortunately tons of girls are caddy like that. I wish you well. I just moved to Jacksonville and haven't met any true friends yet either. I only have 2 co-workers and they're older men. Ugh.

IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IKnowWhoYouAre has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The moms there may be a few years older, but while sitting and watching your kids play, it's easy to socialize then

Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I moved from Canada to Texas almost two years ago and i have found it to be very hard to make any female friends out here.

I am usually the girl who makes friends with guys because...well...besides the fact that i have girl body bits, i am a guy. I do guy things and while i like to do things like shop and get my nails done, those are things i like to do by myself.

I was fortunate enough to meet some really great female coworkers who i have become really good friends with. Most of them are a lot older then me and some of them have kids as well, but that doesn't bother me. My BF and i are also good friends with his boss who is an ex bodybuilder turned strongman as well and we will sometime hang out on the weekends and train together and then go out for dinner. It may be good to see if you can find couple friends to do stuff with on the weekends.

I do think that some women can get jealous and that is why it is hard to make friends with them. But you don't want women like that as friends.

RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rdidio View Post
    It was hard for me at first when I moved to Honolulu from Florida, leaving everything I've ever known behind. I work a typical day job and don't like meeting people at bars.

The majority of my close friends I met through www.meetin.org
    They've probably got one for Nashville. It's an absolute GREAT way to meet people! Anyone can plan events and you just RSVP for whatever you want to go to. I've done so many things with it - hikes, snorkelling, boat trips, dinners, movies, bar nights, parties, the list goes on. Now that I've made good friends from the group, I don't use it as often, unless there's something going on that I really want to do. So definitely check it out

Another good site is www.meetup.com
    That one has interest specific groups

Thanks for posting those sites! I just moved to a new state yesterday and like many of the ladies here I don't seem to make friends easily either.

dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RaeMe View Post
    Thanks for posting those sites! I just moved to a new state yesterday and like many of the ladies here I don't seem to make friends easily either.
    Well shoot sweety you live in Go-gia now and round these parts you just come on down and have a glass of sweet tea after church and you can meet the whole town.