jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50)

more reps or heavier weights?

if i lift dumb bell 1, i could do 3 sets of 12 reps
    if i lift dumb bell 2 which is heavier, i could only do 3 sets of 8 reps
    i only limit my reps and i avoid training to failure

my question is:
    when doing 3x8 should i increase it to 4x8? or should i save my strength for other exercises so that i can perform them with good form? tnx in advance!

notskinny425 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notskinny425 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notskinny425 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notskinny425 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notskinny425 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notskinny425 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notskinny425 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notskinny425 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notskinny425 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notskinny425 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notskinny425 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your trying to gain muslce and size, use more weight.

D-R0C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D-R0C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D-R0C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D-R0C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D-R0C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D-R0C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D-R0C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D-R0C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D-R0C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D-R0C has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D-R0C has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do both. More reps with heavier weights

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are going for hypertrophy then increase the amount of weight until you fail at rep 8-12 .
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by D-R0C View Post
    Do both. More reps with heavier weights
    Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    If you are going for hypertrophy then increase the amount of weight until you fail at rep 8-12 .
    /thread.

isaias53_5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You shouldn'y worry about saving strength. Make sure you're hydrated and have a quick meal before your workout like a protein shake. If you do at least three different exercises for the same muscle group each exercise targets the muscle in a slightly different way.

Let me give you an example:
    Say you train chest today. Begin your first chest exercise with a light weight and gradually increase the weight on the next sets. (Pec dumbell or amchine flyes)

Exercise 2 should be heavier or the heaviest. Again increase the amount of weight used with the next set. This should be the benchpress or dumb bell press.

Exercise 3 should be kind of medium weight, not too light like a warmup but not too heavy.

So in my experience I always go light, then heavy, and finally medium.

Good luck!

bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I prefer 3 sets 10-4. I pretty much just start with a weight I can only get ten reps out of and stick on some more plates or pick up bigger dumbbells and work to failure for each set, starting with 10 reps or so and working down to a weight I can only do 4-6 reps with.
    Placebo effect works for me.

"...Arnold once told me,'If you don't look big in anything, you aren't big. If you're wearing a sheet and you look big, you're big. If you're not big, you're not big.'" Mike Matarazzo, M&F, March 2002

Wag more. Bark less.

jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeztah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im going for fat loss btw

bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bciocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Increased muscle will burn more calories at rest. After a set of 6 to failure my heart is pumping and I am out of breath. So, I suspect it has some aerobic effect. I am never concerned with "saving strength" every set is to failure; sometimes negative failure.
    For me, I think cardio on an empty stomach (or protein drink) burns the fat off best.
    I suggest you try a few different things and do what seems to work best for you.
    Placebo effect works for me.

"...Arnold once told me,'If you don't look big in anything, you aren't big. If you're wearing a sheet and you look big, you're big. If you're not big, you're not big.'" Mike Matarazzo, M&F, March 2002

Wag more. Bark less.

BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BAMF_T has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jeztah View Post
    im going for fat loss btw
    Diet over Routine.
    /thread.
    *BMBC*

-It's not how much you lift, it's how much you look like you can lift!-

RU