intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hello, need some guidance from the more experienced people

I have been lifting for a couple of years now but not consistently due to real life restrictions. There were times that i would do 1 time per week full body workout to save time but most of the times would split body parts (biceps/back , triceps/chest etc).

I am planning to start again now but the difference is that this time i will have to incorporated cardio workouts as well, additionally to lifting as i have put significant weight on. I am confused however as to how i should approach my working sessions for optimum results and to dodge overtraining.

What should a training week consist of? Lift weights working out all body parts for the first 4 days of the week, then 2 days of cardio and leave the last day of the week for rest? Is it better to lift weights the first 2 days then 1 day of cardio and repeat this pattern ? Or maybe just to do the cardio first and then start lifting after a couple of hours in the same day ?

I am a little confused as to how i should execute this plan properly. Additional concern is if i incorporated cardio in conjuction with weight lifting i might comprise the results of muscle building as i might end up getting overtrained?

Thanks for any possible input and excuse my English, not my native language.

brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would go with cardio for every session of resistance training you take, 15 minutes at the beginning of workout and another 15 minutes at the end.

Remember, fat loss is going to happen in the kitchen most of the time. So watch your diet and the fat will go, cardio or not.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Maybe try allpro's WO?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1#post70307053

You can do 20-30 min cardio a couple times a week for conditioning. Its not likely to be a problem.

EDIT: I am not the most experienced people BTW. You may want to hold out for one of them.
    Last edited by EjnarKolinkar; 02-28-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) intodream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the responses.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your English is better than most of the native speakers who post here....

Cardio after lifting.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The key to any succesful workout routine will be your consistency which seems to have been an issue for you in the past. You could try many differnt spits but without staying consistent it really won't matter.

Maybe try a push pull routine, or you could do a full body routine 3-4 days a week. Their are many options available. I personally like a body part split (back, chest, legs, shoulders).

As for cardio I personally run a mile 2-3 times a week before I start my workout. It's for cardiovascular health not weight lose or control. I really don't see the need to run 5-6 days a week unless you like it or training for something that would require it. For me its seems to mess with my recovery from weight trainng if I run more than that. That's my personal preference though.
    ☻/
    /β–Œ
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by intodream View Post
    What should a training week consist of? Lift weights working out all body parts for the first 4 days of the week, then 2 days of cardio and leave the last day of the week for rest? Is it better to lift weights the first 2 days then 1 day of cardio and repeat this pattern ? Or maybe just to do the cardio first and then start lifting after a couple of hours in the same day ?
    For starters, a full body program done 3 days a week is your most logical choice. As far as incorporating cardio, just do a 20-minute session at the end of each of your 3 weekly weight training sessions. The remaining 4 days of the week will then be free for RL obligations.

Body composition changes are most efficiently brought about by weight training combined with tight nutritional discipline. Cardio exercise is most efficient at what it's name implies-- increasing your heart and lung health.

Here are your best places to start:

Beginner bodybuilding program:
    *Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

No requirement for supplements at your level; learn how to eat first. This thread will explain all the steps to figure your baseline of required protein, fat, carbs, and calories:
    *Emma-Leigh's calorie/macro thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Buy an inexpensive digital food scale (~$30 at any big-box discount store), weigh your portions, and track them here: http://fitday.com
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think you may be approaching this wrong.

As one fellow who did the on again off again working out for a few years before getting serious and doing it, I think its best to keep the working out part not so hard that your body tells your brain its not worth it.

So you are out of shape, fat (I was your weight at one point, fat is fat), and want to diet, lift heavy weights AND do cardio?

When you start to dread the gym, you will one day just be 'to tired' and won't go. Then that day becomes a week, becomes another week, becomes a failed effort.

Focus on the diet first and foremost, read the stickies in the nutrition section. Do a solid program like all pros. Do cardio if you really want to/enjoy it. Once you get into the gym rat mentality go for it, but don't overload the system to start.

ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovfdfireman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are confused about what to do, there are many step by step guides right here on Bodybuilding. Just click "find a plan" and begin. Many of these plans include nutrition guidelines, weightlifting, and cardio. It is definitely the path of least resistance and the easiest.

If you are wanting to lose weight, you need to lift to failure, high intensity, little down time.

20-30 mins of cardio 5 days a week

Lift 4 to 5 days
    1 - Chest and tris
    2 - Back and bis
    3 - Legs
    4 - Shoulders
    5 - Abs/Calves (I sometimes make it its own day, others I mix these into one of the above 4)

Its actually easier than one might think, eat less/exercise more. Focus on low fat meats, veggies, and complex carbs. shop the outside of the store, fresh food.

Thats my quick 2 cents

Sorry for the late reply ( i have been traveling ) but i have read all the advices and applied most and i already witness great results. Thanks a lot for your assistance.