jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

jwman92 Controlled Labs Free Sample Review

I'll be going through the free samples I received of Controlled Labs over the next couple days, and will post reviews in this thread! Will start off with the Preworkout, which I will obviously be taking before my workout today, and then the creatine, which I will take after. I'll review their protein later tonight, and then the amino acid and fat burner products tomorrow.

jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwman92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    About to head off to a chest and back workout, just took my preworkout, White Flood, so I'll review the taste now. I'm enjoying the taste so far, the flavor juicy watermelon actually tastes more like a sour apple flavor. The initial flavor is good, however it has a bit of a sour aftertaste which I am not a huge fan of. It did mix very well, and left no residue in the container, which is nice, since sometimes a little assault powder sticks to the bottom, and the drink can get a tiny bit powdery when you get to the bottom.

Overall Taste Rating- 7/10, will update post-workout with how I felt using it.
    Mixing- 10/10

5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Keep us updated bud! Looking forward to your thoughts

Time to finish the preworkout and creatine reviews.

The pump from the preworkout was pretty good, about the same as I get with assault, but I lifted less weight than I normally would on assault. I felt pretty good during the workout, but not as good as I usually do on assault.

Overall Rating: 6/10

Creatine-
    Not a fan of this product at all. To start, I've never been a fan of flavored creatines, since I usually will mix it with my protein, and you can't mix Lemon Lime with Mocha Espresso. Second, the creatine didn't mix well at all. There were a couple big clumps on the bottom of the shaker that I couldn't get out no matter how much water I added. I'd much prefer an unflavored creatine, and one that mixed better.

Overall Rating: 3/10

Alright just took the PROnom23 protein powder and am about to go to bed, so figured I'd review it while it's still fresh. Combined the sample packet (half a serving), with about 5 ounces of water, since I like my shakes a little thick, especially when they replace a meal. It mixed fairly well, but definitely did have a little bit of a chalky texture, which I've come to expect out of blend proteins. The taste was pretty good, but was a little too sweet for my liking. There was a little bit collected on the sides of the blender bottle when I was done, but not enough for it to be a significant detractor.

In terms of the ingredient list, I was a little disappointed. I'd like to know exactly how much BCAA's, and which amino acids I'm getting from my protein shake. It was unclear whether or not the product contained Glutamine from the label, which is a must for me to have in a protein.

Here are my ratings:
    Taste- 7/10
    Texture- 6/10
    Mixability- 7/10

Overall- 6/10
    Overall, not a terrible product, but as long as MuscleTech is running their B1G1 for Phase8, its tough to compete pricewise with that offer, especially since I've enjoyed the taste of the Phase8 flavors better than PROnom. I'll update again tomorrow after I've started the fatburner, and taken the aminos.

lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jwman92 View Post
    Alright just took the PROnom23 protein powder and am about to go to bed, so figured I'd review it while it's still fresh. Combined the sample packet (half a serving), with about 5 ounces of water, since I like my shakes a little thick, especially when they replace a meal. It mixed fairly well, but definitely did have a little bit of a chalky texture, which I've come to expect out of blend proteins. The taste was pretty good, but was a little too sweet for my liking. There was a little bit collected on the sides of the blender bottle when I was done, but not enough for it to be a significant detractor.

In terms of the ingredient list, I was a little disappointed. I'd like to know exactly how much BCAA's, and which amino acids I'm getting from my protein shake. It was unclear whether or not the product contained Glutamine from the label, which is a must for me to have in a protein.

Here are my ratings:
    Taste- 7/10
    Texture- 6/10
    Mixability- 7/10

Overall- 6/10
    Overall, not a terrible product, but as long as MuscleTech is running their B1G1 for Phase8, its tough to compete pricewise with that offer, especially since I've enjoyed the taste of the Phase8 flavors better than PROnom. I'll update again tomorrow after I've started the fatburner, and taken the aminos.
    Because amino acids are the building block of proteins, youre generally getting a full range of them, and I know very few brands/labels who put how many mgs of each amino acid you get PER 100 GRAMS. Not per scoop. so you were taking glutamine with your shake. glutamine is the most abundant amino acid within protein as well as the human body.
    Last edited by lifthard72; 07-12-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Originally Posted by lifthard72 View Post
    Because amino acids are the building block of proteins, youre generally getting a full range of them, and I know very few brands/labels who put how many mgs of each amino acid you get PER 100 GRAMS. Not per scoop. so you were taking glutamine with your shake. glutamine is the most abundant amino acid within protein as well as the human body.
    Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'm just used to Gold Standard where it tells you right on the bottle how many grams of BCAAs and Glutamine you are getting per serving. You learn something new every day!

So I just took the BCAA product, and my second dose of the fat burner of the day, so I'll now review those.

For the fat burner, I like the ingredient list, but I don't really feel a difference between it and the Green Tea Extract product I had been taking earlier. As a result, I probably would not pay the extra money over just a regular product for it.

As for the BCAA product, I was not a huge fan of the taste. The taste is really what is key to me, and it seemed to me like it was trying to be fruity, without actually getting there. I enjoyed the product, however would have preferred a slightly better flavor. It is the kind of thing I would want to put in my water for the day, and just drink it throughout the day.

Overall Rating: 6/10

I'll update this post again if I change my opinion about the fat burner after I take it for a couple days.

rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Nice review!