genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

hard time getting lean

I am 20% bf and want to drop it to 15%. I am 5,5 and 135lbs. The only thing that bothers me is that sometimes I'm craving for carbs usually it happen when i'm stress out or when I work and don't have time to eat.. I work part time in a restaurant and we don't have break .. so sometimes I end up not eating anything for maybe 5 or 6 h. Always drink meal replacement of p. shake but that's not like real food. So at 10pm I end up too hungry usually its the moment I'll scrap my whole week of clean eating. So if you have good iades for that I'll appreciate it.

But maybe it,s because I don't eat enought carbs during the week and my body need more than that. My diet is 45/35/20 around 1800 cals. Except for my cheating and that's really what keep me form my goal. Don't really know what to do.. up the cals with more carbs or lower the cals to get leaner and maybe end up with more cheat at the end. What I eat daily is mostly like this :

5am: spinarch salad with olive oil + protein pancakes(mostly contain 1cup eggs whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1scoop p.p and strawberries on top)

6am work-out (1h to 1h30)

7:30 am protein shake with 4 oz of sweet potatoes+ 1 cup veggies

10:30am 4 oz of chicken or salmon or tilapia with veggies sometimes 1 cup of fat-free yogourt (or during night snack)

1:30pm 1 can of tuna with spinarch salad full of veggies+ olive oil + 1/2 cup of basmati rice

4:30pm 4 oz of chicken saut? with veggies

7:00 pm it depend but it,s always protein with starchy carbonydrates (+ yogourt sometimes)

I lift 6X a week my routine is split in 3 days 2x each . I lift really heavy.
    As for cardio I run 5x a week . 2x-3x is hit cardio (15 mins)1or 2x is 30 min SS cardio and 1 X a week is a long run (15km) to train for a marathon.

I take superpump as a pre-workout and some fish oil and glutamine as supplement

So what do you think I should do and what do you think I must add or changes?
    Last edited by genn; 01-29-2009 at 03:15 PM.

genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) genn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    anyone?

Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds to me like you already know what's keeping you from your goal-- it's not the diet, it's when you cheat on your diet. If you know you're getting sufficient calories, carbs, and fat the rest of the time then you'll just need to challenge yourself to be more disciplined with the treats.

Something Josh Hillis said once that really stuck with me: "If someone is leaner than you are, then it's probably because they eat better than you do."

yoplait311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoplait311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoplait311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoplait311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoplait311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoplait311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoplait311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoplait311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoplait311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoplait311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoplait311 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say that if you are hungry for carbs- at them!
    Carbs alone will not make you fat- eating too many calories will.
    Simple as that.

Besides, one thing here that seems to get neglected is that the human kidneys become very strained when under a very high protein diet for a sustained period of time.

Our bodies are designed to be sustained on a variety of nutrients- including a balance of proteins, fats, and carbs. Simply eat as healthy as you can, including what ever you want- just make sure to stay within your calorie range for your goals.

Also- remember to give yourself some breathing room. Take everything in moderation including moderation.

We only get one life to live and food is a part of it.
    Enjoy food and enjoy yourself!
    Best of luck

Yes but sometimes it can be really hard .. especially if all kitchen is full of junks.. sometimes I just eat sometimes I did not really like at all than Im thinking I set myself back for one more week I that just discouraging .. don't know what to do when I have does craving to avoid them ! And I really have the mentally of all or nothing :S
    Last edited by genn; 01-29-2009 at 05:01 PM.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by genn View Post
    I am 20% bf and want to drop it to 15%. I am 5,5 and 135lbs. The only thing that bothers me is that sometimes I'm craving for carbs usually it happen when i'm stress out or when I work and don't have time to eat.. I work part time in a restaurant and we don't have break .. so sometimes I end up not eating anything for maybe 5 or 6 h. Always drink meal replacement of p. shake but that's not like real food. So at 10pm I end up too hungry usually its the moment I'll scrap my whole week of clean eating. So if you have good iades for that I'll appreciate it.

But maybe it,s because I don't eat enought carbs during the week and my body need more than that. My diet is 45/35/20 around 1800 cals. Except for my cheating and that's really what keep me form my goal. Don't really know what to do.. up the cals with more carbs or lower the cals to get leaner and maybe end up with more cheat at the end. What I eat daily is mostly like this :

5am: spinarch salad with olive oil + protein pancakes(mostly contain 1cup eggs whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1scoop p.p and strawberries on top)

6am work-out (1h to 1h30)

7:30 am protein shake with 4 oz of sweet potatoes+ 1 cup veggies

10:30am 4 oz of chicken or salmon or tilapia with veggies sometimes 1 cup of fat-free yogourt (or during night snack)

1:30pm 1 can of tuna with spinarch salad full of veggies+ olive oil + 1/2 cup of basmati rice

4:30pm 4 oz of chicken saut? with veggies

7:00 pm it depend but it,s always protein with starchy carbonydrates (+ yogourt sometimes)

I lift 6X a week my routine is split in 3 days 2x each . I lift really heavy.
    As for cardio I run 5x a week . 2x-3x is hit cardio (15 mins)1or 2x is 30 min SS cardio and 1 X a week is a long run (15km) to train for a marathon.

I take superpump as a pre-workout and some fish oil and glutamine as supplement

So what do you think I should do and what do you think I must add or changes?
    Based on the calories and your macro breakdown you're getting plenty of carbs...I think a little too much...the more carbs you eat the more you will crave them. But your healthy fats are low and this could be causing your cravings as well. I would switch to 45p/30c/25f...this might work better for you. Also 1800 calories is only 200 below your maintenance...if anything you're going to need to go lower if you're looking to get down to 15%.

You work part time, how many hours are you at work? Eat before you leave your house then try to get something in at work. Also, have your meals ready every day...that way when you get home from work, there's never a question about what you're going to eat.

Not only cheating, but missing meals will keep you from your goal.

Make these few changes and see what happens.

Good luck!

stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what if you split your carbs up more and have them more in the first 4 meals. If you are doing a lot of cardio, your body may need more carbs, maybe a little oatmeal or a half of a whole grain bagel with Pb added between 7 and 11 am would help you feel better.
    Stace ;)

Currently: slow bulk for the winter :)

My Program www.growthstimuloustraining.com (w/ Ryan, my awesome online trainer)

MY JOURNAL = http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133696651&page=3