Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Adjustable Dumbells.

Hey this is Amer/Fob_nd_proud. Im looking for some adjustable dumbells but don't know which ones to get. I've heard some good stuff about powerblocks and ironmasters but have never handled them firsthand so I don't know if their good or not. Information that could help me make my decision on what dumbells to get would be really helpful. Thankyou.

- The Breakfast Club

kw_rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kw_rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kw_rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kw_rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kw_rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kw_rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kw_rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kw_rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kw_rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kw_rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kw_rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've wanted the same thing... buying dumbbells and weights seperately is just too expensive. I would like some feedback too!

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do a search on here!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'll give the quick summary if you are too lazy to search:
    Ironmaster: unbreakable, feel like regular dbs, a bit cheaper, and 30-60 seconds to change weight
    Powerblocks:warranty void if dropped from over 3'(or something like that), verticles bars may or may not annoy you, and ridiculously fast weight change

I went with the ironmasters with no regrets. If weight change time is really important to you (super sets) then get the powerblocks, otherwise I'd get the ironmasters. Both have the reputation of being quality products.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    look and learn:

negged
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Fob_nd_Proud View Post
    Hey this is Amer/Fob_nd_proud. Im looking for some adjustable dumbells but don't know which ones to get. I've heard some good stuff about powerblocks and ironmasters but have never handled them firsthand so I don't know if their good or not. Information that could help me make my decision on what dumbells to get would be really helpful. Thankyou.

- The Breakfast Club
    Citro's back?
    ll-ll NOBODY SAID BODYBUILDING WAS EASY ll-ll

PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Try them first

- The Breakfast Club
    As some suggested here, do a search, it has been cover at length.

I own a set of IronMaster Quick-Lock Dumbbells, I love them (I understand that Powerblock could be slightly faster to change the weight, for those who want that feature).

I have the chance of trying them both before buying, and I'm glad I did, because I didn't like the feeling of my hand trap in a cage with the Powerblock, the IronMaster do feel like a one piece dumbbells.

I also own the IronMaster E-Z-Curl Bar (re-using the same plates) and IronMaster is coming with a Kettle Bell (it will then offer variable weight by adding Quick-Lock plates).

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...51&postcount=1

Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fob_nd_Proud has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for all the help guys. After watchin a video of ironmasters it seems like the take almost as long as regular standard/olympic adjustable dumbells to change. Is this how long it really takes. Also, what is ironmaster bench like

Thanks for all the help guys. After watchin a video of ironmasters it seems like the take almost as long as regular standard/olympic adjustable dumbells to change. Is this how long it really takes. Also, what is ironmaster bench like

wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I recently got the Powerblocks and the IronMaster superbench with the situp fixture. Both are awesome, I really love the Powerblocks, the feel and size of the grip is perfect for my hands. Quality, and I think they have a 10 year warranty. I just ordered the spotting attachment for the superbench as well.
    -------------------------------
    "Girls, make a line for make-outs! Dudes, make a line for high-fives!"

PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bound to be faster.

I'm not sure, but do you really think that spin-lock dumbbells or dumbbells with collar take the same amount of time as the IronMaster, I don't think so (how long does it take you to insert and quarter turn a knob?).

Again for the IronMaster Bench, search here, plenty of review.

XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxXSnake23XxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i bought bowflex's and i love em!

Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The ironmasters are probably a little bit faster than olympic db bars and collars. It takes me 30-45s to change both dbs on the ironmasters, I've never timed how long olympics take.

The major plus of the ironmasters of olympic plates is that the ends are flat just like regular dbs. Using plates you will have the bar sticking out, which makes it harder to rest them on your thighs before lifting them up to bench. They are also more compact. If neither matters to you then save the money and just use db bars, lock down collars, and olympic plates.

javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100)
    I've had a set of powerblocks for several years now, I really like them. True, they cost more than a regular dumbell handle and weights, but if you are limited on space it's well worth it. They fit easily in my apartment with a cheap, inclineable bench. All else I need is a squat rack and sometimes barbell, but I go to the gym in my apt complex to use those for free. The convenience of having a dumbell set at home is still great though.

If you do decide on the powerblocks, I'd recommend getting the ones where you can insert up to two 1.25 lb cylinders into each of the handles, so you don't have to go up in 5 lb increments.

If you have a PB set already that doesn't have those handles, you can email them and they'll sell you some new handles and 4 cylinders for a reasonable price. They are a good company I have no problems recommending.

Registered User ira_est_a_donum's Avatar
    ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    tons of threads to read on here about powerblocks and ironmaster...

if you want cheaper price ironmaster

if you want super quick change weights and or dont want to be bending over sliding plates on and off and want to just select the weight go with powerblock

if you drop them alot from the bench or whatever or cant stand to not drop your dumbbells then ironmasters are the way to go

thats basically what it comes down 2...

price
    speed of changing the weight
    dropping them on the ground

personally i hate chaning the weight plates (i had the old ironmasters and they took forever to change, longer than olympic handles) so i sold them (for 50 dollar profit) and got some used olympic handles (and powerhooks for 30ish bucks) and never looked back... yet i search for powerblocks all the time online for a used set... bc i want to be able to do a set and select a higher weight and just rest and get ready for the next set... not bend over get more plates un screw, put plates on then re screw on and then do it again 3 more times (for each side of each DB)....then do my next set... but i do this with the olympic handles i got (but at a price of nothing almost bc i already have the olympic plates and i got the handles used with some more plates for dirt cheap... and so money is a factor for me i choose to put up with the changing of plates annoyances bc it cost me almost nothing to have these dumbbells....

but you cant go wrong with either ironmaster or the powerblocks both good products with slight advantages each has in one or another category... also the ironmasters looks more like a traditional DB...but i dont care abotu looks i care about function... so its really a matter of do you want fast change at a slightly higher price or a slower change and you can drop them at a lower price....

good luck... like i said you prob cant go wrong with either...personal pref...