the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

David Barr - The Myth Of Waxy Maize Starch... And The Truth Behind It All!

Although bringing you to the cutting edge is usually very exciting, I sometimes have to become the Mythbuster. Today that myth lies squarely in the face of waxy maize starch and if it's worth the price. Get the truth right here.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/waxy...tarch_myth.htm

HOW TO REVIEW: Post Your Review Of This Article - CLICK ON POST REPLY BELOW! You do NOT need to be a registered member to post a reply in this section!
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

WINNERGY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WINNERGY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WINNERGY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WINNERGY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WINNERGY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WINNERGY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WINNERGY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WINNERGY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WINNERGY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WINNERGY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WINNERGY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb WMS's SLOWER ABSORTION IS A PLUS NOT A NEGATIVE

David Barr is correct in his evaluation of WMS; however, many users of this glycogen loader see its slowness relative to dextrose as a plus & not a negative. Dextrose & the like all spike insulin levels. 15 minutes after ingestion & a rapid glucose surge one's blood sugar levels drop rapidly & a type 2 diabetic like crash occurs. WMS acts as a medium chain trygliciride stach delivering a slow but steady glucose uptake that lasts for +- 90 minutes. Furthermore, as a starch it does not overbind with H20 & thus rehydration of the muscle does not lead to water bloating. Potatoe starch acts like WMS (only slightly faster) & can be seen as a useful alternative. Nevertheless, WMS & Potatoe starch both provide natural bodybuilders with glycogen loads & avoid the nasty insulin effects of dextrose. A steroid or insulin user in physical hyperdrive might require & handle dextrose better but such bodybuilders are probably in the minority.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    That is the reason I use it
    I do not get the sick bloated feeling from it, nor the horrible crash that my body incurs after the use of either dextrose and/or maltodextrin.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have used WMS for about 6 months now, and i say it works. i have used dextrose and maltodextrin before, and not had nearly the results obtained when using WMS. i applaud the author for his effort, but i have had contrary results. i will be using WMS for the foreseeable future.
    i rep back.

FittNick is on a distinguished road. (+10) FittNick is on a distinguished road. (+10) FittNick is on a distinguished road. (+10) FittNick is on a distinguished road. (+10) FittNick is on a distinguished road. (+10) FittNick is on a distinguished road. (+10) FittNick is on a distinguished road. (+10) FittNick is on a distinguished road. (+10) FittNick is on a distinguished road. (+10) FittNick is on a distinguished road. (+10) FittNick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Although bringing you to the cutting edge is usually very exciting, I sometimes have to become the Mythbuster. Today that myth lies squarely in the face of waxy maize starch and if it's worth the price. Get the truth right here.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/waxy...tarch_myth.htm
    Good post/research and definitely very interesting but I actually prefer WMS because of the fact that when I take it (intra-workout as opposed to PWO) my muscles feel fuller and I'm not bloated like the feeling I normally get with either maltodextrin or dextrose. I've been taking WMS for the past 2 months or so now and I've really enjoyed it's effects intra workout. That is interesting that most companies will promote it as the fastest digesting/absorbing carb when it's actually slower than both maltodextrin and dextrose.

EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddieG200 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FittNick View Post
    Good post/research and definitely very interesting but I actually prefer WMS because of the fact that when I take it (intra-workout as opposed to PWO) my muscles feel fuller and I'm not bloated like the feeling I normally get with either maltodextrin or dextrose. I've been taking WMS for the past 2 months or so now and I've really enjoyed it's effects intra workout. That is interesting that most companies will promote it as the fastest digesting/absorbing carb when it's actually slower than both maltodextrin and dextrose.
    I agree with Fittnick! During, not post-workout.

ive recently taken WMS+creatine = Nutrex Volugro, during lifting days and feel that i have a lot more energy. It makes soo much more sense to take it during as opposed to waiting till your workout session ends.

I enjoyed reading the article, however, waxymaize works!

krony72

Not a single good study? Here are five, you hack...

Mythbuster? Are you kidding me? This guy is a f'ing joke who's information is totally inacurate and completely biased. Thanks for the laugh. If you want to read some solid studies on the benefits of Waxy Maize, check these out. You're welcome.

Nutr Res. 2009 Jun;29(6):383-90. Consumption of the slow-digesting waxy maize starch leads to blunted plasma glucose and insulin response but does not influence energy expenditure or appetite in humans. Sands AL, Leidy HJ, Hamaker BR, Maguire P, Campbell WW

"J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Feb 9;53(3):631-8. Comparative study of the retrogradation of intermediate water content waxy maize, wheat, and potato starches.
    Ottenhof MA, Hill SE, Farhat IA."

"Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2009 Nov;49(10):852-67. Slowly digestible starch: concept, mechanism, and proposed extended glycemic index.
    Zhang G, Hamaker BR"

Amanda L. Sands, Heather J. Leidy, Bruce R. Hamaker, Paul Maguire, and Wayne W. Campbell Consumption of the slow digesting starch waxy maize leads to blunted and sustained carbohydrate utilization but does not influence energy expenditure or appetite FASEB J. 2008 22:1089.2

Piehl Aulin K, S?derlund K, Hultman E. Muscle glycogen resynthesis rate in humans after supplementation of drinks containing carbohydrates with low and high molecular masses. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2000 Mar;81(4):346-51.

Anderson GH, Catherine NL, Woodend DM, Wolever TM. Inverse association between the effect of carbohydrates on blood glucose and subsequent short-term food intake in young men. Am J Clin Nutr. 2002 Nov;76(5):1023-30.

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's corn I don't see what the big deal is?

piquit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi there, I don't care who's this guy or if he work for the NASA, what he said maybe right but his conclusion about the product is BAD.

First, I'm a food Scientist with chemistry specialty and I know food and additive, and many of them are dangerous or bad for the health.

WMS is the less dangerous starch the market today for endurance training or recuperation.

This product offer somewhat low sugar uptake in the blood stream at first but will gives you energy on the long run. Way less nisulin spike than cheap Dextrose or toxic Maltodextrin ( additive known for addictive and toxic properties used by Mcdonalds, Kraft and other food company). By working like that, it is better on the body and less addictive and your body will thank you with added stability and gain.( less insuline and organs stress)

Always remember, nothing beats a complete real meal for energy replenishing: Rice and Bean makes a complete carbs meal, oven bake potato before bed, full grain pasta with vegetables.. and so on. Complete meals or snacks offers you vitamins, fiber. minerals and protein that also makes your blood sugar more stable and digestion is slower.

AVOID MALTODEXTRIN AT ALL COST. Some country has banned this products, in USA and Canada we can find it in baby formulation and many food products, its like a drug and a drug you dont want to use.

jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    great information!