Thread: bench press

Location: Middlesbrough, Cleveland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Push2failure is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push2failure is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push2failure is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push2failure is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push2failure is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push2failure is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push2failure is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push2failure is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push2failure is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push2failure is on a distinguished road. (+10) Push2failure is on a distinguished road. (+10)

bench press

do you put ye hands shoulder width apart ????

my mate was telling me n need to go wider but im alot smaller than him and to go as wide as he was saying would of seriously made it difficult to lift.

Less internet, more gym DontRevMe's Avatar
    DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    personal preference.. I have my middle finger on the outer rings of the bar..some say thats too wide, but ive had no issues.

kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DontRevMe View Post
    personal preference.. I have my middle finger on the outer rings of the bar..some say thats too wide, but ive had no issues.
    some bars have different spacing for the rings though

I know the bars my gym uses are actually a lot narrower than most bars, so when I first started going my grip felt really weird until I actually took the time to notice the grip

at this point if you gave me a bar with no rings, I could probably close my eyes and feel the "right" width for me. there is probably some ratio as to how wide your shoulders are and how wide your grip should be, to help minimize stress on the shoulders. It seems to me a very wide grip could cause a lot of stress... and a very narrow grip would just be a lot of tricep, which would not HURT you but might not be that great of a chest workout

kylerpointer will become famous soon enough. (+50) kylerpointer will become famous soon enough. (+50) kylerpointer will become famous soon enough. (+50) kylerpointer will become famous soon enough. (+50) kylerpointer will become famous soon enough. (+50) kylerpointer will become famous soon enough. (+50) kylerpointer will become famous soon enough. (+50) kylerpointer will become famous soon enough. (+50) kylerpointer will become famous soon enough. (+50) kylerpointer will become famous soon enough. (+50) kylerpointer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    put them either shoulder width apart or a little bit closer in, also put your elbows in as well and push up so you isolate your pec and leave your delts out of it.

Registered User carlosthejackal's Avatar
    carlosthejackal is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlosthejackal is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlosthejackal is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlosthejackal is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlosthejackal is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlosthejackal is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlosthejackal is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlosthejackal is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlosthejackal is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlosthejackal is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlosthejackal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I put my ring finger on the rings for heavy and then index when I go lighter (usually do at least one drop set to fail at the end). That's just my personal preference though.
    Relax. Its just the internet

porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    whatever you feel most comforable with. If my hands go out any wider or narrorer than where I normally put them, I can feel the difference. Where I put them just feels right.

mini cut, then permabulk liftstrong101's Avatar
    liftstrong101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) liftstrong101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) liftstrong101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) liftstrong101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) liftstrong101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) liftstrong101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) liftstrong101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) liftstrong101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) liftstrong101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) liftstrong101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) liftstrong101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    just do whatever is comfortable for you, and if you are worried just do dumbell presses.

jmah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yep depends on what your comfortable with, i tend to hold them around my inner shoulder area

★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ★★★ I was part of the Ultra 2013 Thread Crew ★★★

biglift_hi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    for me it depends on which bar i am using because each bar is different but usually i put my pinky on the outer rings but if the bar is bigger than usual then i like to go a little more in.