Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User Organized_Chaos's Avatar
    Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10)

About how long does it take to lose 5% body fat?

Assuming you have a good diet and do HIIT or other cardio everyday? I know this number varies but im just looking for an estimate. How long does it take YOU to lose around 5% body fat?
    One rule, one way of life- Only the strong survive.

Born in Russia, I was trained to rid the world of the evil Tyra Banks. She defeated me of course and now I sit in solitude planning my revenge against her and her genetically altered siverback super gorillas.

Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    B
    U
    M
    P

Born in Russia, I was trained to rid the world of the evil Tyra Banks. She defeated me of course and now I sit in solitude planning my revenge against her and her genetically altered siverback super gorillas.

r1ppedup will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ppedup will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ppedup will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ppedup will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ppedup will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ppedup will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ppedup will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ppedup will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ppedup will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ppedup will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ppedup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    probly depends on what % u start at
    idk bout weight loss
    but if your losin from 15-10 it will be a hell of alot harder than 30-25 im sure
    "When people you don't know hate you, you know you're the best" - Gregg Valentino
    i rep for mass, not strength
    i rep back/neg back

Current:
    bench: 365
    weight: 210
    squat: not worth talking about

TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000) TMckinlay is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have no idea, but if i had to guess i would say a month and half- 2 months.

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yea im curious abouto this too.
    i started at around 25% bf bout 2 months ago and
    although ive been bulking, im now at 18% bf.
    i wanna get down to at least 13% during summer cut.
    Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I went from 23%- 18% Bf in 2 months. That is a loss of 5%. I was on a rigorous weight lifting routine, on a strict diet with cardio interspersed. I was also taking a fat loss supplement, as well as other basic supps (such as BCAAs).

Like others have said, it does vary from person to person how long it will take you to lose 5%. It really does depend on how high your BF% is already and what your body type is.

byates5637 is just really nice. (+1000) byates5637 is just really nice. (+1000) byates5637 is just really nice. (+1000) byates5637 is just really nice. (+1000) byates5637 is just really nice. (+1000) byates5637 is just really nice. (+1000) byates5637 is just really nice. (+1000) byates5637 is just really nice. (+1000) byates5637 is just really nice. (+1000) byates5637 is just really nice. (+1000) byates5637 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos View Post
    Assuming you have a good diet and do HIIT or other cardio everyday? I know this number varies but im just looking for an estimate. How long does it take YOU to lose around 5% body fat?
    cmon' use your head a little brah.

The answer to your question depends on where you start at.

Just think, will it take someone with 45% body fat longer to lose 5% body fat than someone with 7% bodyfat?

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BabyWifey View Post
    I went from 23%- 18% Bf in 2 months. That is a loss of 5%. I was on a rigorous weight lifting routine, on a strict diet with cardio interspersed. I was also taking a fat loss supplement, as well as other basic supps (such as BCAAs).

Like others have said, it does vary from person to person how long it will take you to lose 5%. It really does depend on how high your BF% is already and what your body type is.
    strong first post
    Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

Originally Posted by byates5637 View Post
    cmon' use your head a little brah.

The answer to your question depends on where you start at.

Just think, will it take someone with 45% body fat longer to lose 5% body fat than someone with 7% bodyfat?
    I know =P. The question is how long would it take each person to do it though? I was hoping to take everyones guesses and come up with some kind of average. Not accurate but a lot more accurate than just my guess lol.

Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    depends on starting bf%, genetics

i read somewhere like 2%bf a month decrease is good when u start bout ~20%bf and 1%bf a month from 10-12%bf to below.

again depends heavily on genetics
    risk nothing, gain nothing

scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000) scott_lycan is just really nice. (+1000)
    how long is a piece of string?

essa_khan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) essa_khan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) essa_khan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) essa_khan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) essa_khan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I dont keep a record of everything I do... I just finish it off and move on.

BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Depends on your bodyweight / fat percentage. Right now, lets say that just about 35 pounds of my body is fat. So however long it takes me to lose about 10 pounds of that fat would equal out to about a 5% bf loss.
    BB.com OG
    2k+
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173319421

Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can lose 10lb of pure fat in a month if you're hardcore enough

BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BabyWifey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Mourning Tide View Post

i read somewhere like 2%bf a month decrease is good when u start bout ~20%bf and 1%bf a month from 10-12%bf to below.

More than genetics it depends on your level of activity and diet. A lot of people use "genetics" as an excuse for not gaining muscle/ losing fat. If you are on a steady, healthy diet and a good workout routine you can still make a lot of progress whether you are "genetically" prone to make progress or not. Genetics usually determine how long it will take you personally to meet the goals you have.

ryandav1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alright ladies and gents,

Its taken me from january the 5th - June 28th to drop from 19.1 percent body fat - 14.4 percent, thats gym 5 times a week, with 3 weights and 2 cardio sessions.. and a deficit of around 300-600 calories a day for the past 3 months.

My diet hasnt been perfect but ive still managed to do this good.. ive just bought myself some thermogenics .. as im hoping to get down to 10 percent in the next 2 months.. im still consuming alot of protein as i dont want to lose muscle mass, just as the rugby season is upon me. but yeah just over 6 months to drop nearly 5 percent. with an overall drop of 8 kg in weight, with 6kg of that being fat and 2 kg of muscle. which isn't a bad ratio.. but ive maintained strength so im happy

Registered User bodyworksmuscle's Avatar
    bodyworksmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyworksmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyworksmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyworksmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyworksmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyworksmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyworksmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyworksmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyworksmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyworksmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyworksmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mourning Tide View Post

It probably depends on metabolism, genetics, diet, and workout routine all in one.
    I myself adapt quickly losing or gaining. Im a metamorph (I think) and I know we each have a set # of fat cells and ad we lose or gain fat they just get smaller or larger so...
    Amelia Martiniuc

EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EML84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Me, about three months. Not blessed with ability to lose fat easily.

Krysiekrys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    More than genetics it depends on your level of activity and diet. A lot of people use "genetics" as an excuse for not gaining muscle/ losing fat. If you are on a steady, healthy diet and a good workout routine you can still make a lot of progress whether you are "genetically" prone to make progress or not. Genetics usually determine how long it will take you personally to meet the goals you have.
    Thanks...I hate that term "depends on genetics". All the women in my family have large stomachs and that of course is my problem area. Genetically it means I'm prone to have a huge waistline...but reality is I'm determined not to. I hope to see progress in about 3 months.

Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000) Danmacca is just really nice. (+1000)
    depends where u start

but i guess 15-10 is possibly 6-10, depending on the defecit and though

20-15 is more like 5-8

thats are rough times as you wanted to them, but consistancy, defecit %, and alot of other variables will affect the time
    Snatch- 93
    C&J- 113
    Before injury

BS- 5x145
    FS- 3x125

@~72

YasminCxo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What type of fat loss supplements did you take?

rololo88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm also in a similar situation as organized chaos

I'm roughtly 19-20% body fat, doing 2x25mn cardio every day whether i have to go gym or not, but i currently facing plateau.

My exercise's routine is the Chris Gethin 12 weeks transformation that i start over and over for several years now.

I use supplement such whey protein, bcaa, glutamine, creatine and follow strict diet program. I did not use fat burner, maybe i should....

youngdawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    faster metabolism = faster weight loss (if calories restricted), but if you're slower, then i think it might be harder. On the other hand guys with faster metabolism have a hard time gaining weight (and muscle). so yeah depends

EddiePer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddiePer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddiePer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddiePer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddiePer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddiePer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddiePer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddiePer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddiePer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddiePer is on a distinguished road. (+10) EddiePer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What is your current weight and body fat percentage? What is your body fat percentage goal?

Answer this and I will give you a rough estimate.

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Depends on your deficit, starting bodyfat, genetics, predisposition of muscle/fat loss, dedication, diet, training, amount of cardio done, etc. Too many variables to give an accurate number.

burge176 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Part of it is genetic. Some people have a harder time losing BF versus others. They say on average 3,500 calories equals 1 lb of fat +/- a few. SO when losing BF hit the cardio like HIIT/crossfit and watch your DIET it's half the battle. I've lost 5% in a month with average cardio/HIIT, but a lot has been my diet. Natural carbs, lots of good ole' protein and not a lot of sugar.
    Future Army LT

"Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started." -Steve Prefontaine

The only way in life you get the gains you want is to endure the pain to achieve them.

KCRock29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KCRock29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KCRock29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KCRock29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KCRock29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KCRock29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KCRock29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KCRock29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KCRock29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KCRock29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KCRock29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Currently trying to get down to single digit BF. Started at about 20% in March.

thakurajay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by EddiePer View Post
    What is your current weight and body fat percentage? What is your body fat percentage goal?

Answer this and I will give you a rough estimate.
    154lbs,17%bf.........
    my bf goal is 9%!!

sandorvoros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So at 6'1 and 154 with 17% you're already average. At 22 you're also in the prime muscle building years still. For guys 7-9% is pretty hardcore and will take time. between 10 and 14% is very fit and will show abs on most. I would say take some time to focus on muscle gain and hit the cardio hard through sports (boxing/martial arts/rugby/etc...anything that is cardio and builds muscle). Keep your meals nice and lean while you do that and you will see good results within 6 mo. to a year.

Originally Posted by thakurajay View Post
    154lbs,17%bf.........
    my bf goal is 9%!!

prkieffer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) prkieffer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A complex answer to be sure.. Here are the basics that I have found, Diet, Diet, Diet... Nothing changes until that is impeccable. I hear 10 people a day say i'm eating a carrot blah, blah, blah and still can't lose body fat. The big picture is protein helps build muscle, muscle is the FAT burning oven of your body, supplements help to aid in the process of fat loss, growth and strength. Once you have a system that is regimented, strict, clear, and concise the journey begins. I went from 25% body fat Jan 10th 2014 to 11.9% (so far, headed to 7%)June 13th 2014. Started 205lbs at 183lbs right now with lots of muscle. I work out 6 days per week and follow Jim Stoppani's diet perfectly no cheating. My supplement intake is as he describes with everything being taken as suggested. My genetics are not very healthy ones. I have an over weight family and the results are taking twice as long as others i know who have done the same things. The way you get results is to never give up and work harder than you do to breathe oxygen, it will come time line varies for all people. It will take me almost a full year of down right perfection in the gym, the kitchen, and the real world to obtain 7% for me. Totally worth it, I don't know yet, but the journey is fun because it's difficult and rewarding. Also, the first three months I worked out 16-18 hours per week, now I work out 10-12 per week. Hopefully, that helps some of you.

Paul 183lbs
    11.9% BF june 13th 2014