Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone from CT

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by juanca
    assuming your talking about GO fitness (worlds gym), i think both are great.

harbor view is huge, they have power racks, plenty of squat racks, nice old school equipment(note, this was before they remodeled i think , i havent seen the new one).

the hope street WAS incredible, now, its just very good. they got rid of some good hammer machines and purchased newer equipment.

JC

yes I've been in both since they remodeled, they have some big boys in there
    Chicks dig big calves

juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bigpump23
    yes I've been in both since they remodeled, they have some big boys in there

they do.
    harbor view has some huge guys.
    hope st was my former 2nd home, but, i didnt see too many BIG guys there.

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

, it's what's for dinner. Du510's Avatar
    Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    they do.
    harbor view has some huge guys.
    hope st was my former 2nd home, but, i didnt see too many BIG guys there.

JC

Tell me more about this Harbor View place.... location, price, etc etc

juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Du510
    Tell me more about this Harbor View place.... location, price, etc etc
    its in stamford, down by shippan.........at "harbor view"

its very very big, good equipment, i believe they have 3 price options.......
    it varys-
    nothing down, 20bucks a month
    100bucks down, 10a month
    50bucks down, 15 a month

i think its something like that........

however, i would recomend hope street over harbor view.

its smaller and doesnt get AS crowded as harbor view.

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

it varys-
    100bucks down, 10a month
    50bucks down, 15 a month

JC
    geez, those prices kick @$$! that's actually an AWESOME price and much better than most gyms... in Stamford of all places too...! now why can't it be that way with apartments down in that area!?!
    I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter...

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

it varys-
    100bucks down, 10a month
    50bucks down, 15 a month

JC
    That place was new when I moved out of Stamford if it's the one I think you're talking about.

dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    HOLY FU*CKING SH!T... I STOPPED AT FITNESS EDGE IN NORWALK TODAY ON MY WAY TODAY WORK AND IT IS UNFU*KINGBELIEVABLE!!!

that place probably has the best of all the equipment from all the gyms i've ever worked out at!!! i did my back/bis/shoulders workout there this morning and had (hands down!) the best workout in a few yrs!!! i'm on my way there now to complete the paperwork work and then (hopefully) do some cardio if my hamstring is doing okay!

Originally Posted by dressagerulz23
    HOLY FU*CKING SH!T... I STOPPED AT FITNESS EDGE IN NORWALK TODAY ON MY WAY TODAY WORK AND IT IS UNFU*KINGBELIEVABLE!!!

that place probably has the best of all the equipment from all the gyms i've ever worked out at!!! i did my back/bis/shoulders workout there this morning and had (hands down!) the best workout in a few yrs!!! i'm on my way there now to complete the paperwork work and then (hopefully) do some cardio if my hamstring is doing okay!

ive heard of that place, where exactly is it?

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

ive heard of that place, where exactly is it?

JC
    Here, this http://www.fitnessedge.net/findaclub.asp pages tells the exact addresses. Greenwich would probably be closest to you... i think Greenwich is closer to Stamford than Norwalk/East Norwalk, right?

I haven't been to the other but the one in Norwalk, as I've said before was [B]ABSOULTY ****ING INCREDIBLE!!![\B] they gave me a ton of free guest passes, but you don't really need one... i was running late to work yesterday and just walked right in and asked to try it for free (but i actually really did intend to join), but they would have let me try it anywayz. if you do try it and end up joining, ya def. gotta give my name cuz then i'll get free stuff but as far as price goes, i'm warning you now, the price is awesome FOR WHAT YOU GET, but its still very expensive ($700 for 13 months)

, it's what's for dinner. Du510's Avatar
    Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du510 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here, this http://www.fitnessedge.net/findaclub.asp pages tells the exact addresses. Greenwich would probably be closest to you... i think Greenwich is closer to Stamford than Norwalk/East Norwalk, right?

I haven't been to the other but the one in Norwalk, as I've said before was [B]ABSOULTY ****ING INCREDIBLE!!![\B] they gave me a ton of free guest passes, but you don't really need one... i was running late to work yesterday and just walked right in and asked to try it for free (but i actually really did intend to join), but they would have let me try it anywayz. if you do try it and end up joining, ya def. gotta give my name cuz then i'll get free stuff but as far as price goes, i'm warning you now, the price is awesome FOR WHAT YOU GET, but its still very expensive ($700 for 13 months)
    The greenwich one is $69 per month - I lifted there on a trial pass for the past week. Nice place, but not worth the money, IMO.

When you movin down, DR23?

Originally Posted by Du510
    The greenwich one is $69 per month - I lifted there on a trial pass for the past week. Nice place, but not worth the money, IMO.

When you movin down, DR23?
    well... i'm already down in the area most of the day i leave my house between 6-6:45 to avoid the rush hour in the morning, go to the gym, then to work, and then at night workout again and leave the gym between like 8:15-9:15 pm to avoid the evening rush hour... it's actually working pretty well, but i'm still thinking of getting a place...

for one thing, that's a LONG freakin day!!! second, that is gonna be hell in the winter and, this morning, my mom kicked my out of the house

not that i wanna live at home... [B]the absolute ONLY reason i live at home is to save $$$ so i can get back to COMPETITIVE horseback riding AS FAST AS POSSIBLE... i miss it soooooooo freakin much[\B]... and living at home will allow me to do that a few YEARS sooner;

the good news is i did find an apartment in Stamford that is $550 with utilities, which is FU*KING AWESOME for that end of the state, considering the average (w/o utilities) seems to be around $1100. it sounded very nice, and i spoke with the guy on the phone who sounds very nice as well; i'm going to check it out later next week. i also found a handful of places in the $400-$500 range that i want to look into as well, so it won't as bad as i though

well... i'm already down in the area most of the day i leave my house between 6-6:45 to avoid the rush hour in the morning, go to the gym, then to work, and then at night workout again and leave the gym between like 8:15-9:15 pm to avoid the evening rush hour... it's actually working pretty well, but i'm still thinking of getting a place...

for one thing, that's a LONG freakin day!!! second, that is gonna be hell in the winter and, this morning, my mom kicked my out of the house

not that i wanna live at home... [B]the absolute ONLY reason i live at home is to save $$$ so i can get back to COMPETITIVE horseback riding AS FAST AS POSSIBLE... i miss it soooooooo freakin much[\B]... and living at home will allow me to do that a few YEARS sooner;

the good news is i did find an apartment in Stamford that is $550 with utilities, which is FU*KING AWESOME for that end of the state, considering the average (w/o utilities) seems to be around $1100. it sounded very nice, and i spoke with the guy on the phone who sounds very nice as well; i'm going to check it out later next week. i also found a handful of places in the $400-$500 range that i want to look into as well, so it won't as bad as i though
    hey awesome, let me know if you do move down to stamford......

there is a GREAT supplement store called "tommy k's fitness", i used to work there before, they have great prices and everyone is nice. plus, you can get things rite away, no more online ordering(if thats what you do, idk).

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

well, i used my "business skills" hehe, and some good acting, and my mom changed her mind pretty fast about kicking me outta the house

...but i actually still may look for a place down that way in the winter time cuz when the roads get messy, travel is gonna be pure hell

today i went (twice) to the fitness edge in Milford, and - you guessed it - it was ABSOULTELY ****ING INCREDIBLE just like in norwalk, the weights/cardio equipment were like the best of any gym i've ever been in; and all brand new; and the "benefits" and extra perks are incredible. all i have to say is that was probably the most worthwhile $700 i've ever spent like i said before, if any of you guys wanna see what i mean, just walk in and ask for a free trial and they'll give ya one! it's definitely worth checking out.

Thumbs up

good for you dressagerulz23!

im glad to hear that

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

wow, only a few weeks into this new job, and it seems im gonna quit and leave for a better job.

the pay is only alil less, BUT, im gonna have a desk job instead of being on my feet all day. rite now, im working in a kitchen at nestle waters of N.America in greenwich,but its hectic there, from 7:30 to 1:30 its not stop, on my feet all day.
    NOW, im gonna have a desk job, same hours, 7 to 3, but ill be sitting all day

i have to ask my supervisor if ill be able to take 3-10minute breaks to get my meals in, hopefully it all works out.

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

unft_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unft_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unft_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unft_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unft_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unft_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unft_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unft_kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    JC you notice how many times you have posted in this thread...

P.S. holy sh!t look how long this threads been opened! since 2003!

cuz im from CT bro

and this thread is for CT'ers.........

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    cuz im from CT bro

and this thread is for CT'ers.........

JC
    LOL, and those of us who used to live there.

Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hey whats up CT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long live Ct : P

come to my store at supplement city in orange : P
    Motivation/Dedication/Time=Results

-"Command And Conquer" -

Originally Posted by Mike83
    hey whats up CT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long live Ct : P

come to my store at supplement city in orange : P

supplement city?!

damn you, tommy k's fitness is where its at!

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    supplement city?!

damn you, tommy k's fitness is where its at!

JC

then what happened? why don't you work there anymore lol
    Chicks dig big calves

then what happened? why don't you work there anymore lol
    me and the owner/boss had a difference of opinions.

i left.

its ok, even without the discount, its still soo cheap

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

me and the owner/boss had a difference of opinions.

i left.

its ok, even without the discount, its still soo cheap

JC

sucks, what did you bumpe heads over? anything bbing related?
    Chicks dig big calves

sucks, what did you bumpe heads over? anything bbing related?

nah......

it was over some stuff like pay, benefits, time off, etc,etc..........

w/e, that place is bogus now......

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

Wink

bump for CT

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

Dont mess with the best Bodybuilder2049's Avatar
    Bodybuilder2049 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodybuilder2049 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodybuilder2049 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodybuilder2049 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodybuilder2049 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodybuilder2049 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodybuilder2049 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodybuilder2049 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodybuilder2049 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodybuilder2049 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodybuilder2049 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Im from a little place called branford
    National Academy of Sports Medicine
    Certified Personal Trainer

PRESIDENT OF THE HLC - HEAVYWEIGHT LIFTING CLUB

we train our bodies not our egos.

wwedivaxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwedivaxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwedivaxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwedivaxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwedivaxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwedivaxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwedivaxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwedivaxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwedivaxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwedivaxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwedivaxx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Bodybuilder2049
    you too???

Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yea, i been to CT before, but I RUN NEW YORK

Egdurg Rotcod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Egdurg Rotcod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Egdurg Rotcod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Egdurg Rotcod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Egdurg Rotcod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Egdurg Rotcod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Egdurg Rotcod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Egdurg Rotcod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Egdurg Rotcod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Egdurg Rotcod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Egdurg Rotcod is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a Felony, But no predicates

I use to be King Of New York, But Now I live in conneticut

Originally Posted by Bodybuilder2049
    my endocrinologist is from Branford! he is pretty cool speaking of gyms, traffic was horrible along 95-S (what else is new) so i took Rt. 1 after i left his office and noticed they had an In Shape in branford! is that new??? i never noticed that b4; only one i ever knew of was in north haven.

hey juanca, how's that new job working for ya??? is your supervisor gonna give you the 3 10 min. breaks so u can get your meals in??? the desk job is soooooooooooo much better... at first glance, i would have loved a job like your 1st one, but working out at the gym, ya need to save your energy... and (at least at my "desk job" anywayz), it's not that sedentary... like i'm ALWAYS jumping up to run to the printer/copier/manager/do something... and sometimes, i'm even on my feet for up to an hour at a time, which is nice.

hey, guess what, i'm actually going down to stamford tomorrow after work to check out a place i found on roommate.com; i may "do a mapquest" and see how far that tommy k's supplement store is, cuz i really wanna check that place out!!!

i have one more question for you, if you dont mind... the place i found is like 10 miles from where i work, and i've heard that there's not much rush hour traffic (coming from the stamford to norwalk direction)... but some ppl at work that live in greenwich keep talking about a stretch of the highway/this "pocket of traffic" that is real bad. i'm not sure if they mean in stamford, or in greenwich and was wondering if you knew (cuz if i'm gonna have to pay to relocate, i don't wanna deal with that damn traffic!!!).

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast