Hotfitmom82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotfitmom82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotfitmom82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotfitmom82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotfitmom82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotfitmom82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotfitmom82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotfitmom82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Looking to hire a nutritionist... worth it??

I'm looking to hire someone to help with a nutrition plan, supplement help etc.. I can train myself, I know what to do, I just need help with the supplement/nutrition part of it.. Anyone??? Is this worth it, should I consider it or should I just go with everything I've read... which is A LOT!! ;o) Help...
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
    (registered tm)

"Got Fitness??"
    (registered tm)

liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DanaeZ82 View Post
    I'm looking to hire someone to help with a nutrition plan, supplement help etc.. I can train myself, I know what to do, I just need help with the supplement/nutrition part of it.. Anyone??? Is this worth it, should I consider it or should I just go with everything I've read... which is A LOT!! ;o) Help...
    If I were you, I'd try to get a Dr referral first. It wouldn't hurt! Just say you're concerned that you're not eating right, or you're feeling low on energy, etc. Insurance may cover it!

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The problem is the majority of dietiticians (you want a qualified dietitician, not a nutritionist) do not have a great understanding of sports nutrition and often prescribe plans too low in protein, too high in carbs or too low in calories. I would ask for some recommendations for someone who has worked with people with similar goals.
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, I guess I was just blessed with a fellow runner Good luck to you!!

Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No, I don't think you should pay money to a R.D., and I don't think you should go with everything you've read, as much of it probably contradicts each other. I think you should find one nutrition program and stick with it for six weeks to two months. At the end of that time, look at where you are in relation to your goals: closer to them or farther away? If you're closer, keep doing what you're doing. If you're farther away, tweak the program or find another one.

Good programs to try would be body for life, the abs diet, the eat clean diet, or Burn Fat feed the Muscle.