Thread: Eggs

warrior007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eggs

So, after hitting the gym for about a year 5 days a week and not seeing too many gains, I have decided to incorporate Eggs in my diet. I normally eat Eggs on occasion (weekends, etc.) but not religiously. I was thinking of eating 3 egg whites every morning along with my Whey protein shake. I plan to boil the eggs, scoop out the yolk and just eat the Whites. I have read on this forum that eggs are very nutritious and play an important role in building muscle.

Do any other people incorporate eggs in their diet? If so, how many and when? Does it matter it they are boiled or is a different method better?

I am 6.1 and 185 lbs. My goal is to gain 15 lbs of muscle in the next few months. Any other suggestions?

One other thing about Eggs is the nasty gas I get after consuming them. Some of my farts are toxic enough to knock out a small Pony.

thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Doesn't matter how you cook them

Although note that the nutritious part is in the part you're throwing away

ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Almost everyone on here eats eggs. Some will tell you to eat nothing but whole eggs...but Im gonna have to say that you should go with 2-3 whole eggs and then 3-4 egg whites. That oughta be just fine.

xander_cage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xander_cage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xander_cage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xander_cage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xander_cage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xander_cage7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont eat eggs at all

CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wrong section...

But anyways, I mainly get my protien from eggs. They're quick, easy and cheap. I eat 6 whole jumbo's scrambled with cheese and a big glass of milk after my work outs.

eggs 48g of protien
    cheese 8g of protien
    milk 18g of protien

Itsdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    caseydoom, 48grams of protein from 6 eggs? ok, not sure what jumbo eggs are but a large egg is roughly around 6grams of protein each. you must let me know were i can find these super eggs!

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by warrior007 View Post
    So, after hitting the gym for about a year 5 days a week and not seeing too many gains, I have decided to incorporate Eggs in my diet. I normally eat Eggs on occasion (weekends, etc.) but not religiously. I was thinking of eating 3 egg whites every morning along with my Whey protein shake. I plan to boil the eggs, scoop out the yolk and just eat the Whites. I have read on this forum that eggs are very nutritious and play an important role in building muscle.

Do any other people incorporate eggs in their diet? If so, how many and when? Does it matter it they are boiled or is a different method better?

I am 6.1 and 185 lbs. My goal is to gain 15 lbs of muscle in the next few months. Any other suggestions?

One other thing about Eggs is the nasty gas I get after consuming them. Some of my farts are toxic enough to knock out a small Pony.

I eat 2-3 whole eggs every morning plus more whites occasionally, eggs are nearly the
    perfect food, low in fats, loaded with proteins and good source of vitamins
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

anonymous
    I also get my morning protien as high as possible since the rest of my day is hit or miss with protein.

My favorite omelet is, 1/2 cup of egg whites, one whole egg, half a can of tuna, 1-1.5 serving size of shredded taco cheese. Along with 2 pieces of pumpernickel toast...about 60-70g of protein. My only problem is getting the rest of my 200g for the rest of the day...

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Itsdee View Post
    caseydoom, 48grams of protein from 6 eggs? ok, not sure what jumbo eggs are but a large egg is roughly around 6grams of protein each. you must let me know were i can find these super eggs!
    The egg protein is the most complete ==

taydam is on a distinguished road. (+10) taydam is on a distinguished road. (+10) taydam is on a distinguished road. (+10) taydam is on a distinguished road. (+10) taydam is on a distinguished road. (+10) taydam is on a distinguished road. (+10) taydam is on a distinguished road. (+10) taydam is on a distinguished road. (+10) taydam is on a distinguished road. (+10) taydam is on a distinguished road. (+10) taydam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I eat 4 whole eggs every morning and wouldn't have it any other way haha ... great way to start off the day

Regardless of the amount of proteins in a single egg, the egg protein is the most complete it contains all the amino acids

warrior007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eggs

Thanks for the responses. Some people have stated that they eat whole eggs in addition to egg whites. Are you not afraid of the high cholesterol content? Eating 3-4 whole eggs everyday is a significant amount of cholesterol. I am all for building muscle but do not want to drop dead from a heart attack at a young age.

Please comment.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eggs are great.

I started packing on mass when I added 2+ eggs and 2+ pints of milk extra daily to everything else I ate.

Remember that eating too clean, like discarding the yolks, can be counterproductive. Thus the yolk contains easily absorbable sulphur and good fats. The sulphur is good for the connective tissue in your joints.

Similarily people who religiously avoid chicken skin, are skipping all that lovely glucosamine.

No wonder so many people are taking joint supplements to try to alleviate joint problems that are not the result of bad exercise form, but inadequate feeding of the ligaments......

Bottom line, eat some of the eggs whole.

And good luck with all your goals.

spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hav 6 raw eggs mixed with low fat milk, followed by protein shake in the morning, 1 chic fillets 10 am, 2 tins tuna 1pm 1 chic fillet and protein shake at 3 and scrambled egg (3egg whites) and whiting fillet at 5 protein shake at 8 thats around 300g of protein 50g carbs and 50 grams fat, been doing it about a month now, seems prety gud so far
    if i was a spartan they would of fuked me off the cliff as a newborn!
    i blame my parents for my ****ty genetics!!!!!!!

ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the responses. Some people have stated that they eat whole eggs in addition to egg whites. Are you not afraid of the high cholesterol content? Eating 3-4 whole eggs everyday is a significant amount of cholesterol. I am all for building muscle but do not want to drop dead from a heart attack at a young age.

Please comment.
    Eggs have been scientifically proven not to be the cause of high cholesterol. There are plenty of research studies on these boards, mags, and online that state eggs are not the problem.

So to answer your question, no I am not worried about cholesterol due to the fact that eggs will not hurt me and neither will the other things I eat.

Please comment.
    Like already mentioned there are several studies that show little relation between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol content
    the other thing to consider is you are not in the same category as those people
    that usually the studies are conducted on..

If your cholesterol is already high then personally I would try to keep "saturated" fats and excessive carbs low including eggs without eliminating them though... but if you are a healthy individual eggs are not going to raise your cholestrerol..
    Last edited by BrotherWolf; 01-28-2009 at 10:31 AM.

under45mins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please comment.
    you're the same age as me. and i too was lead to believe that yolk was bad for years. that is actually the best tasting part of the egg. i wouldn't have an egg any other way. so i eat two a day. i started off eating 2 at 10/11 am. but now thinking about moving it to about 2/3 pm after my lunch.

markphilips is on a distinguished road. (+10) markphilips is on a distinguished road. (+10) markphilips is on a distinguished road. (+10) markphilips is on a distinguished road. (+10) markphilips is on a distinguished road. (+10) markphilips is on a distinguished road. (+10) markphilips is on a distinguished road. (+10) markphilips is on a distinguished road. (+10) markphilips is on a distinguished road. (+10) markphilips is on a distinguished road. (+10) markphilips is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I eat 4 raw jumbo eggs(32grams protein) everyday. I eat it with 1 apple and 2 pieces of toasted wheat bread which makes a complete meal. Takes 5 minutes to make and eat!

Registered User BillabongVolcom's Avatar
    BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For breakfast I cook 4 whole eggs and 2 packets of lower sugar flavored oatmeal. After my workouts I crack 2 raw whole eggs into my syntha-6 protein shake for extra protein and good fats along with some skim or 1% milk. So I eat 6 eggs a day total. Eggs are the greatest protein out there and cheapest.
    I had all the normal teenage fantasies..cars, girls, money, blow. Then my parents left for a week, and all my fantasies came true!

stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My favorite is an omlet made with 3 eggs -1 yolk, diced chicken breast, green peppers, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of shredded cheese, with a slice of 6 grain toast. yum
    Stace ;)

Currently: slow bulk for the winter :)

My Program www.growthstimuloustraining.com (w/ Ryan, my awesome online trainer)

MY JOURNAL = http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133696651&page=3

tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

i have three every morning, scrambled with vegetable cooking spray; or when i'm not lazy mix with milk and beat it to make an omelot with pre cooked philly steak meat and cheese. you could try scrambled or omelots to see if it fixes your gas probem

http://www.general-health-care.com/g...re/a27545.html

56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56chev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xander_cage7 View Post
    i dont eat eggs at all
    Yes and youre also a manlet
    "Starting Weight" 3/21/08: 161 lbs
    Weight as of 8/21/08: 173
    Bench: 255 x 1
    Squat: 205 x 5 x 5 :( Moving up though
    Dead: 315 x 1 :)

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Eggs have gotten a bad rap, but I can't for the life of me see why. They have perfectly digestible protein, and the lecithin in the yolk actually helps the body to metabolize fat and excrete it out. Unless you're allergic--and that kind of allergy can be overcome--you should eat them whole. Mother Nature designed them that way; had she thought differently, she'd have put them into separate containers.

BrotherWolf's comments about the link--or lack of it thereof--are right on; there is no link between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol levels. Bottom line: If you're not allergic to them, eat them whole: Hard-boiled, fried, scrambled, poached--it's all good.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I live in Texas. I've been all over the state and most grocery stores have extra large and jumbo sizes.

bloodsugar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bloodsugar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bloodsugar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bloodsugar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bloodsugar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bloodsugar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bloodsugar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bloodsugar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bloodsugar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bloodsugar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bloodsugar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i dont eat eggs at all
    thats why you are 125 pounds

ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ninjaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Eggs are amazing. Easy to make, lots of diff ways to eat them, and their delicious.

I ate two whole eggs and three egg whites mixed together for a light omelette in the morning. Add a slice of bread, cheese, turkey breast slices and a pint of milk and you're looking at LEAST a 70-gram breakfast if not 80 or more.

70 Gram breakfast = only 130-150 grams to get for the rest of the day, which should be easy if you drink milk/whey and eat some meat

waseem_mughal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Eggs

Its good use the eggs,but u also use the yolk and use one egg without boiling before the training.

speed650 is on a distinguished road. (+10) speed650 is on a distinguished road. (+10) speed650 is on a distinguished road. (+10) speed650 is on a distinguished road. (+10) speed650 is on a distinguished road. (+10) speed650 is on a distinguished road. (+10) speed650 is on a distinguished road. (+10) speed650 is on a distinguished road. (+10) speed650 is on a distinguished road. (+10) speed650 is on a distinguished road. (+10) speed650 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    from the stuff i've read, eggs have the highest quality protein.
    Cooking probably breaks up some of the nutrients, might a good idea to microwave the egg liquid. They sell some special containers for microwaving eggs.

LS1 to LBZ now BoostedLS2 BigB02z28's Avatar
    BigB02z28 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigB02z28 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigB02z28 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigB02z28 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigB02z28 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigB02z28 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigB02z28 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigB02z28 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigB02z28 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigB02z28 is a name known to all. (+5000) BigB02z28 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i dont eat eggs at all
    Stats: 5'4", 125 lbs

Maybe you should?
    -CEO 10k Pennies/day - 10k Nickles/day - 10k Dimes/day - Working towards 10k Quarters/day
    *LSx Crew*
    *Duramax Crew*
    *Boost Crew*
    *Sold All My Toys Crew*

Originally Posted by speed650 View Post
    from the stuff i've read, eggs have the highest quality protein.
    Cooking probably breaks up some of the nutrients, might a good idea to microwave the egg liquid. They sell some special containers for microwaving eggs.
    Hard boiling them does break down the nutrients. I took a nutrition class in highschool against my will and that was one of the tidbits of info I got from it.