Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Do women ~24 & up know how to "take care" of their man?

Will talk about the reverse situation too, but first,,,,

Nowadays, I wonder if there are any decent women left. Do they know how to cook? (no sexist). Seriously, if their man comes home from a long day's work, the LEAST he can expect is a nice home-made meal.

Seems to me that these days chicks are more preoccupied with their worthless, pathetic myspace pages, and striving to "further their careers" rather than making sure their guy is happy (not just sexually btw, [no homo]). I mean, if you want a career, go ahead. Just make sure you fulfill your wifely duties. (Go away femnags).

And it's not just about knowing how to cook either. Too tired/lazy to give more examples.

And I think guys in relationships also need to stop being obnoxious losers and put some effort into the relationship. Put down the beer, xbox, football, and make sure your special lady knows that, well, that she's your special lady.

Fin.
    Last edited by UsernameTaken; 10-05-2007 at 07:53 PM.
    5k+ with link

Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Depends. What part of the world are we talking about?

In some places, women figure out how to take care of their men at a much younger age than 24. In others, women never learn and are too proccupied with gratifying and taking care of themselves.

Tell me if you want stories/examples, I have a few. I'm just too lazy to type them out without motivation.
    Virtus Vera Nobilitas Est

Pure gold does not fear the test of fire.

UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UsernameTaken is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, I just picked 24 as an arbitrary, +18 age.

You're right though, depends on which part of the world.
    5k+ with link

Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jaw-Knee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by UsernameTaken View Post
    Yeah, I just picked 24 as an arbitrary, +18 age.
    Nah, mid-twenties is about right. Out of college/grad school and can focus on other aspects of life--whether or not they want to is a different matter altogether and is very much influenced by culture.

You're right though, depends on which part of the world.
    Yep.

Registered User DMBsAmricanBaby's Avatar
    DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you better be worth cooking for...
    "Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

**Outdo Yesterday!**

A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority

Although it's hard to get back to everyone, I love you all, you're my motivation! <3<3 Thank you! <3<3

HI MISC! RED'S MY FAVORITE COLOR! :D

Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jaw-Knee View Post
    Depends. What part of the world are we talking about?

In some places, women figure out how to take care of their men at a much younger age than 24. In others, women never learn and are too proccupied with gratifying and taking care of themselves.

Tell me if you want stories/examples, I have a few. I'm just too lazy to type them out without motivation.
    what can i do to motivate u (no homo)

Originally Posted by DMBsAmricanBaby View Post
    Then you'd better be worth the gifts.

Reciprocity is all I ask. If I put 100% into a relationship, I'd expect you to do the same.

x15. Repped.

Reciprocity is all I ask. If I put 100% into a relationship, I'd expect you to do the same.
    x15. Repped.
    5k+ with link

Originally Posted by Nicolasl View Post
    what can i do to motivate u (no homo)
    I'll take that reaction as wanting something to read.

I grew up overseas. In Thailand, however, I experienced a culture different from any other I'd previously known.

In Thai culture, it's expected for the man to go out and work so that he can buy things for his woman while the woman in return maintains the household and takes care of his every need. Such "womanly" duties can range from making sure meals are prepared on time to putting the toothpaste on a man's toothbrush in the morning. One thing both genders have in common, however, is that they take their responsibility to each other very seriously.

As a foreign man, I was amazed to encounter what I originally thought of as an extraordinary amount of gold-digging. What I didn't realize was that according to the culture, if I were to take care of their apparent needs and desires, they would take care of mine. It may seem like greed, but Thai women really do know how to reciprocate.

Thai women take the "two-way street" business to a whole other level. Give them gifts and help them support their families and they'll treat you like a king.

In the United States and much of Europe, things are much, much different. Men are expected to not only go out and earn the money, but to throw themselves at women's feet. Many women do nothing but bitch about empowerment and entitlement and don't feel guilty in the least about walking all over men to obtain what they believe is rightfully theirs--even though they've done nothing to earn it.

Men in Western marriages are essentially slaves to the whims of their women, and God forbid they should forget their place lest they be made to sleep on the couch or even kicked out of the house--the house for which the women didn't help to pay and don't do their share to help uphold.

It's true, however, that by a Western woman's mid-twenties there's great potential for her to prove herself as a good significant other. By then, they've usually grown out of their happy-go-lucky, young-and-carefree ideals and realize that they want more out life--even if such realization is only that they can't depend on their parents forever and subsequently go out to secure their places in the workforce.

Such realizations often lead women to understand that great happiness can be achieved through a romantic relationship with the notion that it will culminate in marriage. It is much less likely, however, that a Western woman will willingly accept a supportive role in a household, and is therefore more likely to raise hell.

Tell me if you want me to continue--this typing's starting to wear me down.

Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mernalous has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    And you better be worth keeping around. Both sides can play this game.

Wow... Looks like this thread kind of died.

^^^^ nah, I think the timing was just bad. Friday night and all...
    5k+ with link

Wow... Don't know why, but being back in the Western Hemisphere, all these threads seem to die a lot faster.

Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Besides women find it really hot when a guy can cook atleast one or two fancy dishes.

That way he can surprise her with a really nice meal out of the blue., even if he can only make a few things.

And lets be honest, every guy here should be able to atleast grill, that comes standard with testosterone and facial hair.
    "Simplicity is the greatest form of Sophistication"

Originally Posted by Bravodor View Post
    Besides women find it really hot when a guy can cook atleast one or two fancy dishes.

That way he can surprise her with a really nice meal out of the blue., even if he can only make a few things.

And lets be honest, every guy here should be able to atleast grill, that comes standard with testosterone and facial hair.
    I'm not all that great on the grill, to be honest. I grew up overseas. It's one of the big things I missed out on by not growing up in the States.

But all that aside--if the guy's out winning the bread and earning the money that he will eventually be spending on his wife, she should take care of him in turn. True story.

lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lanzo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    But all that aside--if the guy's out winning the bread and earning the money that he will eventually be spending on his wife, she should take care of him in turn. True story.
    ^^^

what he said.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Schopenhauer

Ron Paul 2008!

Reps: de silva ,ChristianBBer ,AzWeightLifter,Schadenfreude.

Fuck it, this thread's getting bumped tomorrow. Too much potential for good discussion to let it plummet into the abyss.

^^^^ hehe,, don't worry, I too will/would've bumped it anyway.
    5k+ with link

naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally, i think the house work and cooking should be split up between the two, or both help fix supper ect.

I grew up in a home where my mother was expected to cook all the time. Once i was old enough(10yo about) i started to learn how to cook, and I helped her out.

When ever I do get into a serious relationship, I am not going expect the girl to cook for me or do anything for me. If she wants to that is good, if she wants to help thats even better.

Besides the fact I am in the military, I can take care of myself, I prefer it that way too. It gives me no excuse to be lazy.

Women love men who can take care of themselfs. I have found that out thanks to the military. Date a few college girls, and they come over to my dorm room and see my room all spic and span, my clothes folded ect. Most guys my age in college thier rooms are trashed.
    "Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity."--Albert Einstein

Originally Posted by naweaver View Post
    Personally, i think the house work and cooking should be split up between the two, or both help fix supper ect.
    Why should the man who's been out working all day have to work an extra half-shift at home?

Women love men who can take care of themselfs. I have found that out thanks to the military. Date a few college girls, and they come over to my dorm room and see my room all spic and span, my clothes folded ect. Most guys my age in college thier rooms are trashed.
    Marriage is different. If you're not at home making sure to keep things orderly, then you're out winning the bread. It's unfair to be expected to shoulder the responsibilites of putting food on the table in both the figurative and literal senses. There's no equality in that.

a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nowadays, I wonder if there are any decent women left. Do they know how to cook? (no sexist). Seriously, if their man comes home from a long day's work, the LEAST he can expect is a nice home-made meal.
    yes, there are, and i take pride in saying that i can say i am one of them. i am not a stay at home mom, but if i were, i would do my best to have a home cooked meal every night.... unless i'm worn out, then at least i'll have take out ready

Seems to me that these days chicks are more preoccupied with their worthless, pathetic myspace pages, and striving to "further their careers" rather than making sure their guy is happy (not just sexually btw, [no homo]). I mean, if you want a career, go ahead. Just make sure you fulfill your wifely duties. (Go away femnags).
    now, i am a military woman. my dad raised me to be independent. i do believe that a woman has her right to want to be a bread winner and have the great career, but as a woman, she too has to put in her time for family. i'm grateful that the af understands that family comes first (in my experience). it's sad when you hear about women (men too) that choose to attend a staff meeting rather than watch her daughter in a school play (it's just an example).

just because a woman may be bringing in the cash more than the man of the household, doesn't mean that the husband then takes the role of the "house husband." with that being said, the husband needs to do his part too. if he is the bread winner, that doesn't mean that he can't help out around the house and expect the woman to do EVERY THING house work related (if the wife is also working). you follow me?

And I think guys in relationships also need to stop being obnoxious losers and put some effort into the relationship. Put down the beer, xbox, football, and make sure your special lady knows that, well, that she's your special lady.
    in my experiences (key word my), it's the way they were brought up. my ex didn't know how to treat a lady and it showed with the way he treated his mom. that's just in MY experience.

any type of relationship is a two way street. it's amazing the number of posters in this section think that they are "owed" something or if a girl isn't willing to do something sexual that she's a prude when really the guy is being a total asshat (an example).

exactly. OP, you repped her for saying that? sheesh

a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000) a_new_g is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i don't know about that. being a woman, i love being able to take care of my man. he does know how to take care of himself on his own, but i love being able to do things for him. just because you dated a few college girls and they were impressed that you are neat and keep your room in order doesn't mean that they like men who take care of themselves. it means they like men who don't live in stys.

I repped HIM for saying that. lol

btw,,, nice input to the thread. Reps on recharge.
    Last edited by UsernameTaken; 10-05-2007 at 10:52 PM.
    5k+ with link

naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) naweaver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why should the man who's been out working all day have to work an extra half-shift at home?

Marriage is different. If you're not at home making sure to keep things orderly, then you're out winning the bread. It's unfair to be expected to shoulder the responsibilites of putting food on the table in both the figurative and literal senses. There's no equality in that.

Because we are in a society today that females are also working 9-5 hours with good jobs.

Or the female is being the one supporting the male. Have your heard of stay at home dads?
    "Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity."--Albert Einstein

Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Will talk about the reverse situation too, but first,,,,

Very few good ones left man, ive actually seen a female burn water :/, yes water......
    * RedMeat Crew *

.:: Misc Cologne Crew ::.

.:Foot Fetish Club:.

@-@Someone in my fruit cellar Crew@-@

Originally Posted by a_new_g View Post
    i don't know about that. being a woman, i love being able to take care of my man. he does know how to take care of himself on his own, but i love being able to do things for him. just because you dated a few college girls and they were impressed that you are neat and keep your room in order doesn't mean that they like men who take care of themselves. it means they like men who don't live in stys.
    That is you personally wanting to do things for him. Which is perfectly fine, not everyone is like me. I just dont like things giving to me without something in return. Just how I was raised. I dont like gifts, expensive things, or ladies trying to buy me dinner.

but you can buy me a drink though...that be bout it.

Rockwilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rockwilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rockwilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rockwilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rockwilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rockwilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rockwilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rockwilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rockwilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rockwilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rockwilder is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Violator009 View Post
    Very few good ones left man, ive actually seen a female burn water :/, yes water......
    do u mean boil?
    The Miseducation of Rockwilder
    EB x Dez x Hardy

Originally Posted by Rockwilder View Post
    do u mean boil?
    evaporate is the correct word for what he was saying...i think.....

Because we are in a society today that females are also working 9-5 hours with good jobs.
    That doesn't tie in with what I was asking.

If the woman doesn't work, then it's her job to make sure that things get cleaned and food gets cooked. If the woman's the one working, then it's up to the man to cook and clean.

The one who goes out and works hard to earn a living for his or her family shouldn't have to shoulder the added responsbilities of housework if he or she has a spouse at home who isn't out making money.

Or the female is being the one supporting the male. Have your heard of stay at home dads?
    Yep. I'd actually like to be a stay-at-home dad--I can do housework a lot better than I can crunch numbers and I'd get to spend time with my kids.

^^^^ lol,, isn't this like that "Brazilian women...." thread all over again?

We shut down the femnags there.

But yeah, the OP had the concept of reciprocity in it, so please refrain from posting things like "but, but, but, what if the WOMAN works..... blah blah blah"

re-read the 1st post and this thread.
    5k+ with link