dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Working abs pro/con

I am 46, 5'6, 160 pounds, have the stubborn lower belly fat roll along with the perverbial muffin top. When I joined the brand new gym in town, they offer the free assessment with a personal trainer when you sign up. During the assessment, the personal trainer tells me that if I work to strengthen my abs, but don't lose the fat "quickly" enough, it will make me appear to be pregnant. Is that true?!!
    I am certainly on a mission to lose fat and build muscle, but I thought training the core was a good idea. Looking pregnant rather than looking like I need to lose a few pounds.....like 30ish, doesn't really appeal to me.

Can someone shed some light on that for me. Right now I'm working out at the gym 3 days a week and for the past month doing a split routine. I wasn't happy with the progress so I began this week with a full body routine 3 days a week with additional emphasis on chest/tris on Monday, Legs on Wednesday, and Back/bis on Friday.

Thanks
    dogsmaid

PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've never heard of that one. I'd say to ignore him

Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Maybe he thinks that you'll develop huge muscles and they would protrude? I dunno ... I say ignore him too. Just don't neglect your diet since that's the key factor to lose weight and see the beautiful ab muscles you'll be working so hard for

Slowly getting bigger!! dkemano42's Avatar
    dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000)

Abs Pro/Con

Hes full of it. Work your abs every workout (different exercises and angles every other day), then when you get rid of the access fat, there they will be standing out all nice.

DK
    "After all is said and done, a lot more will have been said than done will have been done!"

dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsmaid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks. Yes, he said the abs would build and protrude my fat roll to make me look as if I was pregnant. That really wasn't the look I was going for.
    Back to the Bosu ball and hanging leg raises then. UGH!

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    All I have to say to that is "LOL"

If your abs do seem to start to protrude, make sure you're keeping them tight while you're doing direct ab work or any exercises that require stability and add stomach vacuums to your routine.

ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ab core exercises are important in my opinionm you don't have to do abs more than 2 x per week but doing planks push ups pull ups stuff on your off ab day is fine all these exercises work your abs without targeting them directly.

Have fun