Thread: Lat injury help

Registered User TroydonAnabolic's Avatar
    TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100)

Lat injury help

Hi guys,

I Have had a lat injury which i suspect was a tear back in September doing seated rows when i increased the weight from my usual 75kgs to the full stack as in 150kg, and repped out 15 reps without a sweat, the rest of working sets before it was also super intense with the lat pulldowns etc all being more than usual, I was preparing for a competition with my friend.

Since then i had reinjured it like 4 times and sustained other injuries due to the imbalances, the ones remaining are bursitis in right shoulder, left shoulder injured possibly strained, right proximal hamstring tear.

Anyway, right now i reinjured it again doing straight arm pushdowns with the band, and my symptoms got much worse than initially, the injury seriousness went from 2/10 to 4-5/10 in my opinion. I feel the most likely reason is it was always serious but i had heaps of muscle to makeup for the weak muscle before which isn't the case anymore, i lost 3.7 inches on the injured side arm and 15kg muscle since last September.

My symptoms after the band pushdoens were 3/10 tearing pain after bending which stopped happening 4 days after the injury, slight instability standing and sitting like 0.5/10 which was also getting better. Pain sleeping on it.

Then 1 week after i reinjured it i went to the physio who did what felt like a deep tissue massage and an hour or so after i felt this tearing and burning pain that was about 8-9/10 which was way more than it ever was before. I have 4/10 pain not only after bending but while bending, the pain moved from just the right most side near my arm to radiating throughout my entire right lat all the way to the bottom like as if the tear spread down or something. The instability of my torso increased to 4-5/10 and it feels like my torso is caving in to the right side, i got nausea now which i didnt have before after eating it increases. Luckily after 3 days the continuous pain went but the rest of the symptoms are still there. I think i felt a bit of shortness of breath last night too. It feels like that massage increased the seriousness of the injury to 8-9/10 now...
    The most worrying thing is the weakness of my torso and the nausea, im thinking the weakened muscle is not holding it all in place like its supposed to since its a large muscle supporting almost everything in the uppertorso region. Possibly due to the lack of support from lat, I think maybe it could be causing my old umbilical hernia to be not supported as it would be if lat was at full strength, eventhough it was good before for 4 months since i reinjured it.
    so i am hoping to know if anyone has any experience on this and if so im hoping to get a prognosis on being able to get back into lifting. My 1RMs were 150kg bench press 170kg squat 200kg bench press 60kg db bench 48kg db shoulder press... now i can barely get away with 1kg on any upperbody stuff and alot of day to day activity.. i am seriously worried of my ability to get back into the gym if this lat injury ends up causing damage to my spine like ronnie, cause that one is irreversible.. and ribs from the new potential severe imbalances.

Is it acceptable to still use the leg press with 50kg, I tried doing them 4 days after the injury, and felt it made the weakness in trunks and spine as bad as the first day after the massage but not the pain and nausea levels. Or should I wait at least 1 week/2 week/6 weeks or more before attempting it, I think if I waited at least 7 days between leg days and it's a little less worse after each leg press day maybe that would be ok, although slow down lat healing a little bit while allowing it to still eventually heal. I just need to do it so I don't also lose my hamstring rehab progress, because I have been trying to rehab this since last November too.

Does anyone have experience with this or knows someone who does, and has gotten back to full strength or near full strength, and how long did it take them.

Registered User TroydonAnabolic's Avatar
    TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100)
    btw here is a picture of where it is swelling, seems to have shown its first ever sign of swelling after I applied a heat pack and tried out doing some strengthening exercise as rows, although I am fairly certain the heat did the revealing. And just for reference here is my lat pic just before my lat injury last September in one of my natty peak forms.. so yeah lost a fair bit and look like a new person lol..
    Attached Images