Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up New Challenge "28 days of eating clean"

I am starting a new challenge which will have some of the same goals from my past abs challenge!
    Read below...this is from my blog today!

Our goal is not to have a cheat day..meal.. or even snack.. once you do either you start the 28 days over on your own or just drop out the challenge.. yes this is harsh but abusing our bodies is too
    By now I hope yall know what eating clean means .. if not go to the article section of bodybuilding.com and search clean eating.
    The only flexible part of this challenge is to decide what day you will start either Feb 1 to Feb 28 or Feb 2 to March 1.. the reason for this is superbowl is Feb 1!!
    Now to the exercise part... I want to keep the spirit of the "Abs Challenge" and do 3 times a week cardio and 3 times a week weights. The cardio should be 30 min or more and the amount of days is up to you but you have to get in the workouts.
    So who wants to join me... don't be scurred
    P.S Yes I know Valentine's day falls in this time frame.. you can still have a nice clean dinner just no alcohol and save those chocolates for March 1 or 2

So join us if you are up for the challenge!!!!!!!
    *******First pictures are due by Feb 5 and last pics are Feb 28 or March 1
    Last edited by atray87; 01-27-2009 at 12:30 PM.
    Each day is a new life.Seize it. Live it.-David Guy Powers

Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fall13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am in I'll post pics Feb 1st., the eating clean challenge won't be hard but I would like to do it for fun and help out others.
    Autumn Arun

"take it one day at a time".

I was built for this bitches! Watch out!

ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm in. Where do we post our "before" pics?
    You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.

"I'm a total egg slut." --Anthony Bourdain

atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atray87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Before Pics

We post them on our page but we update everyone on the forum when we have posted them!

12weekhardbody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Yay

I'm in as well. I do so much better on a challenge that not. Superbowl, schmuperbowl.....I'll start Feb 1!
    FIT in one hand, WANT in the other

Talking Im so excited

Singalong peeps .. okay 12week.. you have stepped it up as usual

Registered User size10chronicle's Avatar
    size10chronicle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) size10chronicle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) size10chronicle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) size10chronicle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) size10chronicle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) size10chronicle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) size10chronicle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) size10chronicle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) size10chronicle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) size10chronicle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) size10chronicle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Photo from last weekend

I'll upload it now. I'm starting now. Not worried about no superbowl eating.
    Lift Heavy Weights!

If you're bored, it's because you're not working hard enough!

www.size10chronicles.com

Lesliejbm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up I'm up for the challenge!!!

I'll post my photo's Feb 5, 2009.

miter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First post ever.
    And I'm in. Feb 2nd to Mar 1st.

anhill07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm In!

I totally want to do this!! Although I must admit, I am new to it all! I know what "clean eating" is but it's easier for me to get ideas and follow if I have a more strict Idea. Can someone post ideal meals/snacks ? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!!

Talking Clean eating

Clean eating is basically eating food as close to natural as possible

Here is a typical day for me

meal 1: 2 eggs/egg white with oatmeal
    meal 2: all natural greek yogurt with blackberries
    meal 3: lean meat such a chicken/fish/turkey/lean beef with a plain baked sweet potato and small side salad
    meal 4: can of plain tuna with a green apple
    meal 5: lean meat again with a green veggie(brocolli, spinach etc)

Also if you want you can have protein shakes too
    Also drink plenty of water.. like 1 gallon(128 ounces) a day!

pokerdude069 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pokerdude069 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pokerdude069 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pokerdude069 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pokerdude069 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pokerdude069 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pokerdude069 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pokerdude069 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pokerdude069 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pokerdude069 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pokerdude069 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by atray87 View Post
    Clean eating is basically eating food as close to natural as possible

Here is a typical day for me

meal 1: 2 eggs/egg white with oatmeal
    meal 2: all natural greek yogurt with blackberries
    meal 3: lean meat such a chicken/fish/turkey/lean beef with a plain baked sweet potato and small side salad
    meal 4: can of plain tuna with a green apple
    meal 5: lean meat again with a green veggie(brocolli, spinach etc)

Also if you want you can have protein shakes too
    Also drink plenty of water.. like 1 gallon(128 ounces) a day!
    that meal plan doesnt sound too yummy, i would fail this competition lol

Talking clean food

Hahaha whatever.. I season my food quite well .. the non healthy people are always wanting my food!!

Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

iam in...

will post pics feb 2nd!
    Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me.
    Zora Neale Hurston

Gotta keep moving forward User4543432's Avatar
    User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000) User4543432 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Lightbulb

I have dieted down for several bodybuilding contests, and have been following my diet and eating closely for about 10 years. I have never claimed to be an expert, nor would I ever, but I do feel I have a good amount of knowledge when it comes to diet, and to training!!

I know I eat a lot more than you all do, just because of our size difference and goals alone, but, with that said, I feel you (the general population of this room) will need to be eating a lot more than you think if you want to keep this diet "clean". If you're going to be training during these 28 days, and you don't want to crash right after, than be sure you eat enough!

Oatmeal, sweet potatos, ground turkey, chicken breast, turkey breast, veggies, bananas, natural peanut butter, almonds (unsalted), water, crystal light, rice cakes, brown rice, wheat bread, eggs, salsa, fat free milk, fat free sour cream, olive oil, these are all good clean fuel to charge you up for the next 4 weeks of Hell!! There are many more foods out there that work too, just research a bit!

If you're going to be making this commitment to yourself, make yourself the one promise that you will not crash immediately following the 28'th day, just choose one cheat day each week thereafter...

Good luck all!!! Hit me up with anything you wanna comment on, or ask!!! And GOOD LUCK :-)
    Had back surgery September 3, 2009. The road to recovery is FAR from over, but I like a good challenge.

Alright I lied!

I am going to start the 28 days on Monday instead of tomorrow (I am going outta town tomorrow just for the day). So I will go Feb 2 until March 1. I am gonna make me out a plan of action this weekend. I hope everybody has got their game face on.

ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShanBL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi everyone,

I posted my "before" pics on my bodyspace. OK, don't mind the last two pics in the bunch...they were meant as jokes for a couple of my BB friends

Also, my birthday is Feb 2, so since I really want a piece of cake, that would make me have to start the challenge over again, so I'm going from Feb 3rd to March 3rd.
    You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.

"I'm a total egg slut." --Anthony Bourdain

The-Fire-Fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) The-Fire-Fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) The-Fire-Fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) The-Fire-Fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) The-Fire-Fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) The-Fire-Fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) The-Fire-Fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) The-Fire-Fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) The-Fire-Fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) The-Fire-Fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) The-Fire-Fish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm in!
    I eat clean anyway, but a challenge would be fun!
    I'll start today.
    Since I look the same as in my default photo, can that be my before photo?
    Last edited by The-Fire-Fish; 02-01-2009 at 04:11 AM.

Pics are up

I posted them on my bodyspace today. Starting tomorrow.

ALWAYS double taps. carbonmade78's Avatar
    carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm in. I have pics on my page from the start of Jan. - I'll post progress pics on Wednesday - but I'm starting today!

Good luck everyone!

Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    welcome to my life.

Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

posted pic...

my first challenge on bodyspace...I need this as I head into tax season which for me means long work hours and I may not be able to always make it to the gym..in Jan I lost but gain the same 10lbs..so I am disgusted, but hopeful at the same time...My first official day went really well...I am trying to keep it simple..protein/carb (complex)/fat..and water..fruit and veggies..mainly veggies..two fruits per day!
    Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me.
    Zora Neale Hurston

STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds awesome. Im in

Just in time for spring break :-)
    FloGrown

Thumbs up Wassup bb.com peeps

Good Evening folks... I am still sick but the diet was clean today.. I will start back with weights tomorrow and pray by the end of the week I can add cardio in and not have a cough attack !!

I am so glad to see all of yall joining me.. I will post my pics tomorrow

Good luck everyone.. we can do it!!!!!!

California Dreaming Carpenter.Jeremy's Avatar
    Carpenter.Jeremy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carpenter.Jeremy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carpenter.Jeremy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carpenter.Jeremy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carpenter.Jeremy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carpenter.Jeremy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carpenter.Jeremy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carpenter.Jeremy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carpenter.Jeremy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carpenter.Jeremy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carpenter.Jeremy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by atray87 View Post
    I am starting a new challenge which will have some of the same goals from my past abs challenge!
    Read below...this is from my blog today!

Our goal is not to have a cheat day..meal.. or even snack.. once you do either you start the 28 days over on your own or just drop out the challenge.. yes this is harsh but abusing our bodies is too
    By now I hope yall know what eating clean means .. if not go to the article section of bodybuilding.com and search clean eating.
    The only flexible part of this challenge is to decide what day you will start either Feb 1 to Feb 28 or Feb 2 to March 1.. the reason for this is superbowl is Feb 1!!
    Now to the exercise part... I want to keep the spirit of the "Abs Challenge" and do 3 times a week cardio and 3 times a week weights. The cardio should be 30 min or more and the amount of days is up to you but you have to get in the workouts.
    So who wants to join me... don't be scurred
    P.S Yes I know Valentine's day falls in this time frame.. you can still have a nice clean dinner just no alcohol and save those chocolates for March 1 or 2

So join us if you are up for the challenge!!!!!!!
    *******First pictures are due by Feb 5 and last pics are Feb 28 or March 1
    Starting in May i will definetly have to give this a shot. But right now I am enjoying partying too much and i am not ready to stop drinking on the weekends. *I KNOW THIS IS BAD lol but i just love it so much =(
    I am who I am, and I'm proud of it.
    -----------------------------------------------------

Aint no party like a Cali Party!

anhill07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alright well this is my second day of "eating clean" I just wanted to post what I've been eating and see if I could get any other input ect. since I am new to this.

breakfast :Omlet with 1/8cup cheese and green peppers
    banana

snack:8 almonds and another banana before workout

GNC whey protein shake

dinner: 5oz grilled chicken breast and cup of broccoli

snack: orange

I am always cramped for lunch on tues/thurs but i am working on thinking of something easy to pack up and bring along in between classes.

as far as workouts go: i've been lifting for 20 min or so, various leg/arm lifts then doing 30 minutes of cardio.

Does anyone have any suggestions, either diet or workout?
    thanks! and good luck to everyone else!

ALWAYS double taps. carbonmade78's Avatar
    carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Just guessing here..

Originally Posted by anhill07 View Post
    Alright well this is my second day of "eating clean" I just wanted to post what I've been eating and see if I could get any other input ect. since I am new to this.

breakfast :Omlet with 1/8cup cheese and green peppers
    banana

snack:8 almonds and another banana before workout

GNC whey protein shake

dinner: 5oz grilled chicken breast and cup of broccoli

snack: orange

I am always cramped for lunch on tues/thurs but i am working on thinking of something easy to pack up and bring along in between classes.

as far as workouts go: i've been lifting for 20 min or so, various leg/arm lifts then doing 30 minutes of cardio.

Does anyone have any suggestions, either diet or workout?
    thanks! and good luck to everyone else!
    I'm not an expert by any means, but that doesn't look like enough food to me..

Are you tracking your calories/macros?
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

sicofthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) sicofthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) sicofthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) sicofthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) sicofthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) sicofthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) sicofthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) sicofthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) sicofthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) sicofthis will become famous soon enough. (+50) sicofthis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ill try to clean up my act alittle.
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/Frankie-NY39s-Mass-Building-Program-m8817.aspx

bodybytwa will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybytwa will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybytwa will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybytwa will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybytwa will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybytwa will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybytwa will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybytwa will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybytwa will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybytwa will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybytwa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ugh, I'm in and subbed. Before this came into my world, I was thinking about eating clean for Feb. I remember how wonderful I felt when I did this before. How good my body felt inside.

It is day 2 and I did struggle last night, but kept it good. I had chocolate Bare Naked granola but I would consider that OK.

My other BIG project for Feb - Put ME on My To Do List! And in the top 3! And the dentist this AM didn't count. ME as in working out. Damn if I'm not the last item just about every day. I have been told by my co-conductor, that I am driving this train. And if I go "off track," so does the rest of the train. I guess the co-dude isn't ready to take over!

I am doing the little competition with my friend thru her church where we track our fruits, veggies and minutes of exercise daily. At the end of 10 weeks, those teams of 4 who have the biggest numbers wins. I've done this before and it really keeps my eating clean and getting in those minutes. I'm thinking of implementing it at my church. After looking at peope this past Sunday, boy do we need it. And it's not just Michigan "winter fluff!"

Gotta get somethin' to eat!

Monica
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late." Jack LaLanne

gonzagadukefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow I'm In-Few questions though.

I am considered a "newbie" (12 months or less) to weightlifting, bodybuilding, etc. I will do days eating clean, but I am on my rest week. From all the advice on bodybuilding/fitness sites everyone says to take about a week off every 3-4 months.
    I just came off my mass program and will be starting my cutting program on Feb. 9th. I'm 6'5", around 270, with a bodyfat of around 33% (going down from what it used to be). I am fortunate enough to work in the same organization as a former state bodybuilding champ who's wife is a figure competitor. Here is the diet he has me on now since I told him I was going to start my cutting:

6:00 Weights w/20 minute cardio session
    8:00 Six whole eggs w/Olive Oil (around 1 Tbs.)
    10:00 Two scoops Protein Drink w/25 almonds or 1 Tbs. natural PB
    12:00 Same as 10 am
    1:00pm 30 - 40 min. Cardio
    2:30 Eight oz. chicken breast w/spinach (about a cup or two) w/Olive Oil.
    5:30 Eight oz. Fish (salmon or tilapia, or flounder, or cod, etc.), salad and Olive Oil.
    8:30 Two scoop protein drink w/25 almonds or 1 Tbs natural PB.
    This diet comes out to around 2800 cal's, 155 g's natural fat, 55 g's carbs, and around 305 grams protein.
    I also drink a gallon (or close to it) of water a day.
    On Saturday (or one day of the week) he advised me to eat whatever the heck I want in order to reset my metabolism.

The two weeks I have been on this new diet (I hate that word) my belt notch has gone down about one notch.

My weights are one body part a day with three exercises per body part with 3 sets x 8-12 reps. It takes me about 40 minutes on average to complete my weights.

The reason I'm posting this here is because I like to get different opinions and he is not available all the time for every question I have-busy guy you know.

Question: Should I increase my reps to cut as I feel my cardio is o.k.? Wednesdays I usually take off, but have started doing cardio on those day (morning and afternoon). What is the 5x5 program? In other words what is the best thing to do to cut/"shred"? Since my bodyfat is at 33% I want to get it down to 20% by June 1st-is that reasonable?
    Last edited by gonzagadukefan; 02-04-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Had to add something