2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50)

superset/burnout sets good or bad?

Is there much benefit to doing these

for example I do 3 heavy work sets of bench press is there a benefit to doing a 10-20 rep burnout set straight after last set? AND/OR followed by a 10-20 reps set of flyes...

I guess they increase anaerobic and lactic acid production and cause more release of hormones etc and good for overall fitness but as for building muscle is there any benefit or in fact negatice as too much work?

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I always do a higher rep set after my primary work sets, but I generally wait a min or two as I would with any other set. Esp. useful if you have been working in lower rep ranges on previous sets. Hitting multiple rep ranges in each workout, ftw
    Who was this love of yours?

2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2cepcurls will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I should add I feel like my muslces are really ripped and pumped and eploding out of skin after doing burnout and supersets

I dont get that feeling at all just doing 5-8 rep work sets..

bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bullybreed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do my heavy sets for ex. on bench 3 sets at no higher than 6 or 7 reps then I will drop the weight and do a burnout set or whatever you wanna call it, just gives me better pump gets the muscles burning more, makes me feel better anyway..I dont know any real benefits to it though..

therez112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) therez112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) therez112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) therez112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) therez112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) therez112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) therez112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) therez112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) therez112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) therez112 is on a distinguished road. (+10) therez112 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Depends on the workout you are doing?
    I'd wait until you are done getting in your heavy presses for the day ( incline, flat and decline ) then knock out a few sets of 20+ reps.

I've started doing 7 sets of 12-20 reps at the end of workouts. So for chest, its either cable crossovers or db presses.
    If you really want something, you'll find a way - and if not, you'll find an excuse

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bullybreed View Post
    I do my heavy sets for ex. on bench 3 sets at no higher than 6 or 7 reps then I will drop the weight and do a burnout set or whatever you wanna call it, just gives me better pump gets the muscles burning more, makes me feel better anyway..I dont know any real benefits to it though..
    I'm guessing your screen name refers to dogs?

What kind you got?

rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To the OP -
    'Burn out sets' are fine, but do them at the end. This way you'll work the size/strength and endurance muscles. Many guys do it like that. The pump and the burn mean nothing as far a growth is concerned, though.
    Squat 'til you puke.

47 years old
    325# bench
    665# squat
    700# deadlift

Originally Posted by rbtrout View Post
    The pump and the burn mean nothing as far a growth is concerned, though.
    *sigh*

Why do people who aren't BBers flock to this section and spew their misinformation?

*sigh*

rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's a proven fact that the pump doesn't do anything for growth, bber or not. The burnout sets do help with muscular endurance.

I know, now we'll get this long-ass post from T-Nation stating otherwise.

Why do bbers think they know everything about lifting?
    Squat 'til you puke.

47 years old
    325# bench
    665# squat
    700# deadlift

no, I've spent enough time correcting you.

feel free to keep being wrong.

this is a BB website, in case you didn't notice. if that bothers you, go someplace else.

That's a load of ****.

Read your own signature. Read how many times you have said this place sucks, yet you keep posting here telling everyone else how wrong they are. If you think this site sucks so bad, why do you leave?

I might be a pler, but I've got YEARS of experience, a helluva lot more than you do. Frequently, I have given you props in other posts because you train differently than I do and have had great results. Yet, you gotta have your nasty-ass attitude. Whatever.
    Squat 'til you puke.

47 years old
    325# bench
    665# squat
    700# deadlift

That's a load of ****.

Read your own signature. Read how many times you have said this place sucks, yet you keep posting here telling everyone else how wrong they are. If you think this site sucks so bad, why don't you leave?

I might be a pler, but I've got YEARS of experience, a helluva lot more than you do. Frequently, I have given you props in other posts because you train differently than I do and have had great results. Yet, you gotta have your nasty-ass attitude. Whatever.
    Squat 'til you puke.

47 years old
    325# bench
    665# squat
    700# deadlift

stvmcd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stvmcd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stvmcd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So you guys are saying do the three sets of heavy, 6-8 reps,( i.e flat bench) then do a couple of sets of high rep burnout pec dec or flys? What about doing a heavy set and super setting a set of flys or pec dec in between each set. Is that counter productive?

Sorry about all that. The guy is a troll.

If you superset between your heavy sets, you won't have the strength to do the heavy sets. Best if done at the end.
    Squat 'til you puke.

47 years old
    325# bench
    665# squat
    700# deadlift