Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

working out legs without working out your glutes

Whenever I work out my legs my ass is sore as hell the next day, whether I base my workout on leg press or squat. Becuase it's been getting a good workout every time I do legs, it has been growing rapidly (stretch marks confirm this). I don't want my ****ing ass to get any bigger! I am wondering if there is any way I can work out my legs effectively without working out my glutes. I know that leg press and especially squats hit the glutes substancially, so I guess working out your legs without hitting your glutes may not be possible. I'm just wondering if any one has any ideas for a leg workout that doesn't hit the glutes if it is at all possible.

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm really not an expert on type of exercises, but i believe that front squats hit more of the quads, and less on the glutes.
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tim, you could try squats in the smith machine with you feet slightly forward. they're similiar to hacks but a lot less stress on the knees. also i like to superset extensions and sissy squats and believe me the only thing "sissy" about these are the noises you make towards the end of the superset. don't think your glutes would come into it that much with these movements.also if you keep your back and head flat against the pad and lower only till parallal on the leg presses should keep the glutes out of it as well.Richie

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow, head position makes a difference in if your glutes get hit on leg press? When I do leg press, I never have my head quite all the way back against the pad because I like to watch my legs pressing up the weight. I also go further than paralell because I thought that it was best to have a full range of movement. I'll try out the smith machine squats with my legs in front of me, as I haven't done them in a while and they would be better for my somewhat screwed up back and knees.

peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tim
    No matter what positions you resort to the squatting motion is a multi-joint(compound) exercise that incorporates the hips, glutes and other large muscles of the lower body(and indirectly the torso). The squat and leg press are not meant to isolate the quads. If you want to isolate the quads or hams, do curls or leg exentions. If you want to build the maximum amount of muscle throughout, do heavy multi joint movements.
    Who cares if your ass gets bigger as long as it's lean muscle tissue.
    pb
    The only easy day was yesterday.
    -Navy Seal saying

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tim, i used to do my leg presses like that to (real heavy and grab the seat beside my thighs) but in this position you're back is rounded slightly which isn't a good thing when you're back isn't 100%. so i actually found by mistake during my rehab that when you keep you're head back as well then it makes it a bit stricter but it's all quads. you can't go as heavy (at first) but it minimises the glutes and hips action. it almost feels like a squat movement at first as you're back is arched similiar to squats. Richie

Thanks. I'll try it out. Hopefully I'll get used to it quickly.

ironmanqvq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    (Wow, just realized how old this forum was)....Tim, how are your quads doing in comparison to your glutes today? I feel like I have the same problem...did a great leg workout yesterday. However, my ass is sore as hell and I don't feel too much quad soreness.
    -Maybe you have already figured this out. Tell me if you have any other suggestions for me to diminish glute involvement besides the following: leg extension, front squats, sissy, hack squats squats, regular squats (with narrowed stance); also the lower you move your feet down on a leg press machine the more the quads are involved. Higher up on the press involves more hamstrings.
    Thanks, Kyle