mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best excersises for trap height

Hi,

I am struggling a bit with obtaining height to my traps, i'm not sure if it's something to do with the width of my shoulders tho as they are quite wide which makes my traps longer which doesnt make them look as high as a person with narrower shoulders.

Well anyways i train traps with back and for traps specifically i do barbell shrugs alternating between front and back every set, i do 6 sets of 6 alltogether. I take a shoulder width grip.

Will adjusting the grip affect which part of the traps are worked more? if so which grip is best for trap height? Also which other excersises target this area of the traps?

Thankyou!

BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Other exercises you might want to try are dumbbell shrugs or upright rows

Archangel12580 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Archangel12580 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Archangel12580 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Archangel12580 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Archangel12580 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Archangel12580 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Archangel12580 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Archangel12580 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Archangel12580 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Archangel12580 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Archangel12580 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do lateral BB shrugs 90 x 12, 105 x 10 and 120 x 8, and taking a slightly wider grip and using a seated machine (not sure of what its called) where I stand rather than sitting and do 450 x 12, 500 x 10 and 540 x 8. I finish off my traps with front barbell shrugs 275 x 12, 315 x 10 and 365 x8.

The current pic I have in my profile is from November last year and doesnt really show my traps as they are today (or any of my current progress for that matter). But this routine has definitely made a huge improvement in my trap size and height.

Ill add another pic when Im done with this post from a few weeks ago to give you a better idea

dannyboy33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dannyboy33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dannyboy33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dannyboy33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dannyboy33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dannyboy33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dannyboy33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dannyboy33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dannyboy33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dannyboy33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dannyboy33 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    You could try Power Shrugs to overload your traps. It's kind of like the way you would cheat in a BB curl just so you can get the weight up.

With this you will be able to use more weight, just make sure you are still using your traps to bring the weight up at the end!

Here's a vid of it:

tuff253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tuff253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tuff253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tuff253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tuff253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tuff253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tuff253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tuff253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tuff253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tuff253 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tuff253 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try close grip up right rows or really, try using a closer grip.

mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You could try good ole' fashion power cleans too. They will target dos fast twitch fibarz!
    Ron Paul 2012!!!

Don't rep me for my military service. Its just a job like any other. You payed my paycheck and that's all the thanks I need.

[img] [/img]
    [youtube] [/youtube]

rObTM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea i do power shrugs, they help a little but i also have wide shoulders so theyre long, hopefully ill see somethin different soon. ill try some diff excers. and keep ya posted if i find a good one

mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for replies.

Will give everything a go especially the powercleans.

Cheers!

Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've gotten good trap peak from doing dumbell shrugs with a peak contraction at the top of the movement. Deadlifts have also added to my trap size.
    "Shut up and lift!"
    "Eat big to get big."
    "Deadlift and grow."
    'Train, Eat, Sleep."
    "Knowledge is power."
    "What does not kill you, will make you stronger."

Ergo sum fortissimus.

spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spider28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wide grip shrugs, and powershrugs also try higher volume, but your traps look fairly decent 2 me
    if i was a spartan they would of fuked me off the cliff as a newborn!
    i blame my parents for my ****ty genetics!!!!!!!

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mikoes View Post
    Hi,

I am struggling a bit with obtaining height to my traps, i'm not sure if it's something to do with the width of my shoulders tho as they are quite wide which makes my traps longer which doesnt make them look as high as a person with narrower shoulders.

Well anyways i train traps with back and for traps specifically i do barbell shrugs alternating between front and back every set, i do 6 sets of 6 alltogether. I take a shoulder width grip.

Will adjusting the grip affect which part of the traps are worked more? if so which grip is best for trap height? Also which other excersises target this area of the traps?

Thankyou!
    I have noticed that guys with wide/straight clavicles often get little out of shrugs but lots out of upright rows.

Have you tried them?
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

You're doing it wrong. BladeRun's Avatar
    BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Shrugs are a staple. I added power snatches to my shoulder workout recently, my traps are always destroyed afterwards.

Cleans are solid too, I've read many that claim they hit traps hard. In my case I feel them almost exclusively in back & lats, but it may be simply because of the curve of my spine.
    "You are a factory of sadness."

Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    I have noticed that guys with wide/straight clavicles often get little out of shrugs but lots out of upright rows.

Have you tried them?
    Hi, no i havent tried these. Would they be best with a barbell and what grip shud i take?

Thanks!

I did barbell upright rows today after doing barbell shrugs, i was getting pains in my shoulders when i was doing them though, i took a narrowish grip inside shoulder width and did 45kg for 6 reps.

Jst wondered if i was doing them correctly or if ther were any reasons why i would be gettin the pains, maybe to much weight seeing as have never dun this excersize before, i did try dropping the weight but i still got pains in my shoulders. Jst fort that 45kg shud be light for upright rows because i am quite strong in the shoulder and trap areas.

Thankyou!

kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkidneys will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to shrug first, then do powercleans last..... last shoulder day I reversed this, and it killed my traps

I love when little things work out well