24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

Stats: 6'1", 161 lbs
    CaspianXI is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit CaspianXI's BodySpace

Adrenaline rush -- good or bad thing?

Today, I cut down my rest between sets to about 10 seconds, and gave myself about 30 seconds between exercises. The idea was to hit the gym harder. During my last couple exercises, I got an adrenaline rush. I felt like I could have done all my exercises all over again with more reps than before. However, I was afraid of hurting myself and quickly left the gym before doing something stupid.

Is it safe to workout under the influence of adrenaline? I can see the benefits of using an adrenaline rush to my advantage (doing more reps and hence building strength faster). Then again, is it a danger to push my muscles beyond what they're normally capable of? (will I endanger myself of a "blowout"?)

BodyPoints: 3074
    I_Shaw_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Shaw_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Shaw_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Shaw_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Shaw_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Shaw_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Shaw_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Shaw_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Shaw_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Shaw_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Shaw_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit I_Shaw_I's BodySpace
    lol. strong first post.

adrenaline/drive/energy/whatever is a good thing if you use it to pump out more reps.
    mod raped.

Stats: 6'1", 161 lbs
    CaspianXI is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit CaspianXI's BodySpace
    I know how many reps I'm physically capable of, but when I got the adrinaline rush, I felt like I could have gone well beyond would have otherwise been possible for me. But is it safe? Is working out under the influence of adrenaline "all gain", or do I risk harming my muscles by stressing them beyond what they're normally capable of?

Laxer311 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Laxer311 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Laxer311 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Laxer311 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Laxer311 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Laxer311 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Laxer311 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Laxer311 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Laxer311 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Laxer311 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Laxer311 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    are you talking about your body's own adrenaline, or supplements for it?

I would not advise doing your routine over again because that is very counterproductive however if you have the adrenaline while your lifting just train to failure.

To answer your question on injury, yes you always run the risk of that but proper warm up and as long as you are not over training you are much less likly to injure yourself.

Stats: 5'10", 202 lbs
    Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Opies has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Opies's BodySpace
    this thread made me lol