Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10)

seat position on Hammer Strength Bench Press Machine??

Dumb question: so I have been setting the seat height on the machine so that the grips are about lined up with, maybe a little above my nips cause I figured that would best simulate the natural bench press movement (which I rarely do because I don't have a spotter and I go to failure on some sets).

But then I was thinking, the HS machine movement is different than regular bench press cause you push in an upwards arc, as opposed to straight out perpendicularly from your chest with a regular bench. So for working the whole chest, am I lining up the grips right? Or should I be seated higher so the grips are slightly below my chest when I start due to the HS upward arc movement?

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    put the seat where it feels right for you

Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Unknownroad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah thanks, will keep that in mind.

Any other thoughts out there?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You'll be adjusting the seat depending upon the feel, as SDFlip suggested.

That's the ONLY correct answer.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If your seeking an opinion, i would adjust the seat so the handles are as low as possible.

if it hurts make a seat adjustment

if it hurts your ego deal with it

Ok thanks fellas, I guess I just wanted to make sure you weren't supposed to start with the grips lower to make up for the upward arc movement.

xxx666, I actually started with the grips slightly lower than usual yesterday and I felt stronger. Why are you recommending having the grips as low as possible, would that not be working more of your lower chest?