Closed Thread
    KIM23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Jay Robb whey protein

Does anyone use Jay Robb's whey protein powder? I went to Vitamin shoppe to buy the BSN chocolate peanut butter protein powder; I've never tried it but i love the chocolate one so I wanted to give it a whirl.. But the salesman suggested Jay Robb's instead. It only has 110 cal per scoop and 1g of fat. I took a sample and it actually wasnt bad. But i have never heard of it before! So I'm a little hesitant since it's not even on the bodybuilding superstore..Now i dont know which to go with.. Any ideas?

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've actually used Jay Robb's protein powder, but didn't like the taste at all. I much prefer ON's 100% whey which is pretty comparable to Jay Robb's, though I think Jay Robb's protein is 100% isolate (not sure though). You can't go wrong either way, like I said I just couldn't get used to the flavor of JR. JR's protein powder is more expensive too, definitely not worth the extra $$.

I have BSN Syntha 6 (chocolate milkshake) and the flavor is outstanding, definitely the best I've tried. However, I mix this with milk and use as more of a meal replacement rather than post workout shake.
    Last edited by heidismommy; 01-25-2009 at 07:59 AM.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000)
    i've heard its a decent protein, but all in all whey protein is whey protein and I'm not going to shell out 40+ dollars for 20 servings when I can spend 35-40 on something like dymatize or ON and get ~70 servings

KIM23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Thanks guys! To tell ya the truth I just bought JR's sample for $2.49. So, I didnt even notice how much the tubs of it were. But if its more expensive to begin with, I dont even have to think about it further! I love BSN so i'm gonna go with that one!

You know what though-- I love BSN lean dessert and it only has 130 cal per scoop. However, the tub is sooo small, I go through it way to quickly! I think I'm gonna buy the BSN Chocolate Peanut butter; Even though its 200 cal per scoop the tub is like 3x the size and I can use 1/2 scoop so its only 100 cal. Plus, it'll last me much longer!

Thanks for your responses!!

pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    sounds like you already made your decision and i'd advise the same as the others. jay robb is good choice if you're looking for a pure isolate only sweetened with stevia AND cost isn't an issue. otherwise, for taste and quality, there are plenty of better options.
    Making the Cut :: 2009 daily fitness and food journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=275946851#post275946851

AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KIM23 View Post
    Does anyone use Jay Robb's whey protein powder? I went to Vitamin shoppe to buy the BSN chocolate peanut butter protein powder; I've never tried it but i love the chocolate one so I wanted to give it a whirl.. But the salesman suggested Jay Robb's instead. It only has 110 cal per scoop and 1g of fat. I took a sample and it actually wasnt bad. But i have never heard of it before! So I'm a little hesitant since it's not even on the bodybuilding superstore..Now i dont know which to go with.. Any ideas?
    It is definitely the cleanest whey isolate protein powder on the market. Yes it is a bit pricey compared to some of the less quality proteins out there, but you get what you pay for.

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Its pretty pricey.
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AngeloRobb View Post
    It is definitely the cleanest whey isolate protein powder on the market. Yes it is a bit pricey compared to some of the less quality proteins out there, but you get what you pay for.
    Since you are part of the Robb family, I think we should probably take your rave reviews with a grain of salt.

I have tried Jay Robb protein, and it tastes pretty good. So does ON and a dozen other protein powders for half the price.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    Since you are part of the Robb family, I think we should probably take your rave reviews with a grain of salt.

I have tried Jay Robb protein, and it tastes pretty good. So does ON and a dozen other protein powders for half the price.
    Let our fact panel speak for itself. Our protein powders contain no artificial flavors or sweeteners what so ever. And no hormones or antibiotics are used on any of the cow or chicken sources. Our products are held to a higher standard because of the quality of the ingredients, so therefore the price is higher than other brands.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AngeloRobb View Post
    Let our fact panel speak for itself. Our protein powders contain no artificial flavors or sweeteners what so ever. And no hormones or antibiotics are used on any of the cow or chicken sources. Our products are held to a higher standard because of the quality of the ingredients, so therefore the price is higher than other brands.
    Um, lemme think this through... A container of Jay Robb whey contains 23 servings at 25g protein each for around $38. I can get 6 lbs of chicken breast for about half that. Pretty damned hard to justify that price difference. The superiority is questionable in my mind.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    Um, lemme think this through... A container of Jay Robb whey contains 23 servings at 25g protein each for around $38. I can get 6 lbs of chicken breast for about half that. Pretty damned hard to justify that price difference. The superiority is questionable in my mind.
    But can you get that chicken breast in powdered form? Sure it is great to eat whole food protein sources, but wouldn't you want a quick way to get that same quality of protein in powdered form that you can shake up in a water and get 25g's of protein in a few seconds?

IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IReallyWonSize has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Jay Robb has been makin some gains.

Originally Posted by IReallyWonSize View Post
    Jay Robb has been makin some gains.
    You already know.