Thread: Dumbell rest

wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Dumbell rest

I just got done setting up my ironmaster superbench and powerblocks/stand.. They sit in my living room (batch pad), and I don't have room for a rack. Is there a product that I can use to rest my dumbells on between sets, so I don't have to drop them?
    -------------------------------
    "Girls, make a line for make-outs! Dudes, make a line for high-fives!"

Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ironmaster sells a spotting stand, I'm guessing the powerblocks would fit on them.

I just put my ironmasters back on their stand between sets.

-I had basically the same setup as you do for a couple months, told myself I don't have room for a rack in my living room and the ironmaster db/bench would be adequate. That didn't last long, had to make room for a rack and got one last week. I'm going with a 6' bar to save on space, so thats something to make a rack more fitable.

wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cool thanks.. Spotting stand, that's what I was looking for. My goal was to be able to get some workouts in at home, and go to the gym for focused squatting/deadlifts. I'd love to be able to fit a rack, I guess I could if I moved the equipment to the second bedroom or garage, but I like having the sound system or TV going while I work out.

deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    finally come to check out my stomping grounds eh WK?
    chairs or stools come to mind off the top of my head. I don't know of any specific product made for that though.
    Shouldn't you be lifting something heavy instead of reading this?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 8
    Workout Equipment Crew: We do it on Power Racks
    Bashing the Bowflex since 2008 for DiamondDelts

Bulldozer feeds upon the weaker as they fall. Bulldozer crushes all! - Machine Head

Owes me a case of beer: dolson27

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is the Ironmaster spotting stand. It is $199. I think I could find a better use for $200. I agree with Deseee. Two old chairs sound like a better and cheaper route to me.

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    This is the Ironmaster spotting stand. It is $199. I think I could find a better use for $200. I agree with Deseee. Two old chairs sound like a better and cheaper route to me.

Yup chairs are an option. Those look like they'd fit the bill. There's nothing more important to me at my age than health, and I don't mind spending a bit to get a good, long lasting setup.

Talking

Originally Posted by deseee View Post
    finally come to check out my stomping grounds eh WK?
    chairs or stools come to mind off the top of my head. I don't know of any specific product made for that though.
    heya! Yeah I work out a bit too

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    My only thought though is that those won't take up much less room than a powerline rack. You might want to compare the dimensions.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just rest them on my legs and set them on the bench when I stand up. Doesnt bug me any and doesnt take up any room or get in my way.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 15

Repping crew for life.

I rep back.:)

Ive got a new training partner.:)

Dirty Bulking.:)

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PullBig View Post
    I just rest them on my legs and set them on the bench when I stand up. Doesnt bug me any and doesnt take up any room or get in my way.
    Same here. I usually stand up between each set and put them on the stand and walk around the bench a couple times. It just lets me focus on the next set and get ready.

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I dont really see the need for rests anyway dont most people add weight as there sets go so I have to go back to the stand. I tend to work to a max 3. Never mind Bad assumption everyone lifts in different rep ranges.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 15

Repping crew for life.

I rep back.:)

Ive got a new training partner.:)

Dirty Bulking.:)

Registered User ira_est_a_donum's Avatar
    ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    there was a post on here not too long ago where a guy posted some pictures of some old couch cushions (you can prob go to good will or ask on CL for some old cushions and use old pillows etc) and he put them on each side of his bench incase he was past failure and had to lay them down or drop them. this would work well for you in your home if you are not on second floor of apt or house and use as needed and when not needed you put the cushions under the bed or in a closet or something..

i searched for the post but couldnt find it... thought it was ingenious idea so simple and cheap... perfect for home gym people without spotters etc..

he had some pictures... maybe

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    My only thought though is that those won't take up much less room than a powerline rack. You might want to compare the dimensions.
    Well I have room to the sides, but I have my bodysolid chin/dip station right behind the bench so no room. It's not a huge living area.

Originally Posted by PullBig View Post
    Yup, I'll see how it goes I guess, I just don't want to drop the powerblocks.

Originally Posted by ira_est_a_donum View Post
    there was a post on here not too long ago where a guy posted some pictures of some old couch cushions (you can prob go to good will or ask on CL for some old cushions and use old pillows etc) and he put them on each side of his bench incase he was past failure and had to lay them down or drop them. this would work well for you in your home if you are not on second floor of apt or house and use as needed and when not needed you put the cushions under the bed or in a closet or something..

i searched for the post but couldnt find it... thought it was ingenious idea so simple and cheap... perfect for home gym people without spotters etc..

That's pretty ghetto, lol! Maybe I can stick an old mattress under there.

Thanks for the ideas.

Originally Posted by ira_est_a_donum View Post

Here is the thread. It took me awhile to remember the OP's name. It is all in my head. Sometimes it just takes some time to get it to the front!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112263911

It is in the 1st post under the link drop pads.