SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz

How many calories above BMR for bulking?

I have done some reading and ended up more confused that before. My BMR is about 3000 calories. I have seen answers between about 3200 and 4500 Calories for bulking.

Also - how long to bulk for? Is longer better? Or can you do a month of bulking and a month of cutting?

Thanks in advance.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Hmm, I'll probably plumb for 500 over BMR and see how it goes.

But what about the length of bulking cutting cycles? Is there any harm in switching between them often?

aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    BMR 3500 calories? Are you 6 foot 5 and 280 pounds? How did you calculate it? I'm curious. Personally I never go higher than 1500 calories above my BMR and that's 3300 for me. Roughly BMR is about 12 times your bodyweight ( i calculate from ripped bodyweight) in pounds or 24 times if in kilos... here is a site...
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Originally Posted by aguy fish View Post
    BMR 3500 calories? Are you 6 foot 5 and 280 pounds? How did you calculate it? I'm curious. Personally I never go higher than 1500 calories above my BMR and that's 3300 for me. Roughly BMR is about 12 times your bodyweight ( i calculate from ripped bodyweight) in pounds or 24 times if in kilos... here is a site...
    I probably didn't mean BMR - I meant maintenance level. BMR is actually 2000 Calories by this calculator:

(I'm 6'0'' and 200lbs)

I think my maintenance level is about 3000 when lifting so maybe 3500 for bulking?

Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I have done some reading and ended up more confused that before. My BMR is about 3000 calories. I have seen answers between about 3200 and 4500 Calories for bulking.

Also - how long to bulk for? Is longer better? Or can you do a month of bulking and a month of cutting?

Thanks in advance.
    After you factor in your activity level to your BMR add the extra calories on to bulk. Depending on your stats, you can add anywhere from 200-500+ calories to your "updated BMR".

EDIT: Yup 3500-3700 is a good number to start with.

HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeebieJeebies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    500 cals over maintenance works well for the average joe. i.e for someone with 4000 cals maintenance, will need significantly more than 500 cals to gain mass.. than say someone with 1500 cal RMR.

%20 over the maintenance is a little more accurate,at least it scales according to the body weight.

But really all the cookie cutter calculations don't mean ****, try and find out what works for you in the real world.

Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^^ x2

FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrankNBeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I calculate my calories by BodyWeight X 11 * 1.45. For being as active as i am and my age that is how many i need. If you are under 30 then the factor should be 1.5 not 1.45. That is for an extremely active person lifting 3 or 4 days a week and doing cardio several days a week. Then for bulking to that i add 500 calories. For cutting I subtract 500 calories. Using only your BMR doesn't account for the amount of physical activity you are doing. BMR only applies if you were to eat and be a couch potato.

aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50) aguy fish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It must be remembered also that an extra pound represents roughly 3500 calories above maintance. So It coould be a good idea to calculate your weekly caloric intake and make sure you add 3500 extra calories weekly if you want to take a pound a week.. which is not bad for a bulk. Good luck

Wornox is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello all. Quick question but a really important one...My bmr is 1853. Having said that, that's y full weight 88kg in the calculation...is that right? I'm adding 500 cals to it daily for bulking. Do I add bmr+calories burned at the gym (fit bit)+ the 500 surplus? Or do I add bmr + gym + ALL fitbit calories for the day. (Including calories from overall fit bit record daily ie general daily routine. I don't want to spend the time in the gym then get less results (like cutting) or too many calories where insulin levels affect muscle growth.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew